Sun shades for sky one touch roofs

dlevitt1641

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude Firecracker Red, 19 Subaru Outback Touring
Is it possible to leave straps and easily remove tarp and re-install easily?
no. the straps are made onto the shade itself. however install took about 10 minutes. Taking it off would be about a 5 minute job because you could leave the spider nubs on. It's easy enough to take on and off, i just choose to leave mine on
Sponsored

kwtsrq

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2020
I own the spiderwebshade for the One Touch and love it. It first great and easy install... the front straps are easy and windshield does not have to be touched. I keep mine on all the time whether the roof is open or closed... great buy
Thanks for the reply! In the meantime of the original post and your reply I purchased the spiderwebshade and love it it’s well. It is an necessity for me in Florida.

wangdiddy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I own the spiderwebshade for the One Touch and love it. It first great and easy install... the front straps are easy and windshield does not have to be touched. I keep mine on all the time whether the roof is open or closed... great buy
can you send pic of the roof closed and roof open please? with the top open does it still feel nice and can you see outside still? can you send a pic of that? thanks! I live in cali and the sun is so hot that i cant even open my top most of the time. haha.

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unlimited Mojito MOAB
Occupation
Entreperneur
Has anyone purchased and installed the sunshade now offered by Hothead Headliners? I just saw today that they are also offering a shade for the Sky Top. I am not familiar with their products or reputation. Their pictures look like their shade fits really well. Cost is the same as the Spider Web shade.

Mperk8

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Tuscadero, 2022 JL sport
Has anyone purchased and installed the sunshade now offered by Hothead Headliners? I just saw today that they are also offering a shade for the Sky Top. I am not familiar with their products or reputation. Their pictures look like their shade fits really well. Cost is the same as the Spider Web shade.
Installed one about 2 weeks ago. Easy install and great fit, very pleased

Sponsored

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Entreperneur
I just watched install videos from both companies and the HotHead shade looked like it fit the best. I liked that it had no gaps around edges.
Thanks for your reply.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Here's my recent review (copy/pasted from elsewhere in the forum):

HOTHEAD SUNSHADE FOR SKY ONE TOUCH
CUSTOM INSTALLED BY LOCAL JEEP DEALER

The main reason for the install was to limit the amount of absolutely scorching summer sun that can make it unpleasant to go topless. The unexpected bonus I found (with tube doors on) is that it calms much of the chaotic airflow and greatly reduces unpleasant airflow buffeting. And that's under today's Wind Advisory, even!

Combined image (front and back sun shade views):
Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shades for sky one touch roofs IMG_0671

Front Sun Shade: .................. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rear Sun Shade:
Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shades for sky one touch roofs IMG_0666
Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shades for sky one touch roofs IMG_0681

The dealer did a great job of installing the shade, pulling all the corners nice and tight.
Between the added shade and the unexpectedly calmed air, I'm very pleased with this one!

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Entreperneur

The main reason for the install was to limit the amount of absolutely scorching summer sun that can make it unpleasant to go topless. The unexpected bonus I found (with tube doors on) is that it calms much of the chaotic airflow and greatly reduces unpleasant airflow buffeting. And that's under today's Wind Advisory, even!

IMG_0671.jpg

Front Sun Shade: .................. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rear Sun Shade:
IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0681.jpg

The dealer did a great job of installing the shade, pulling all the corners nice and tight.
Between the added shade and the unexpectedly calmed air, I'm very pleased with this one!
[/QUOTE

Great Post. Now I just have to decide on the color. My Jeep is Mojito Green, so not a lot of their choices will look good. Did you install black and if so, how is the heat factor with the black?

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Great Post. Now I just have to decide on the color. My Jeep is Mojito Green, so not a lot of their choices will look good. Did you install black and if so, how is the heat factor with the black?
I went with the HotHead Sunshade based on that initial experience with my 2021 JLUR towards the end of summer... along with those absolutely punishing full sun days with 100F+ temperatures. While I went with black in my choice of sunshade, the temperatures so far this year have only manage to creep into the 80s. So I don't have any experience to respond to your question, or even if to say if color is much of a factor or not.

What I was looking for was something that would relieve me from all that extended full-sun exposure... especially on those hotter summer days where I'd either be flipping around the visor like a madman, or closing back up the Sky One Touch to regain some temporary relief.

So far, it's overperforming, which is good. Actually, even if it offered NO sun shade, I'd keep it. It does a nice job damping down some of the excess wind. I also don't mind it's very mild protection against a quick light sprinkle.

UTAR15

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has anyone gotten the Hothead Skyliner? Was looking at that over the sunshades.

Sponsored

Deleted member 72291

Has anyone gotten the Hothead Skyliner? Was looking at that over the sunshades.
I recently ordered one for my 4xe and one for my Dad for his 4xe and we installed them a few weeks ago. Highly highly highly recommend them! Super easy to install and it definitely reduces road noise, helps keep temperature more comfortable, and really makes the SOT look more finished.

I got the oak colored one which really matches my dark saddle leather seats, and I got the black one for my Dad to match his black leather seats. Both of them look fantastic.

BW20

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Sport
Occupation
Compliance Officer
+1 for the Hothead Sunshade! Easy install and works as advertised. No gaps. No flopping in the wind.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
so i have the hotheadz liner on my 22 4xe SOT. is the sunshade a PITA to install with it?
Not at all. You just open the SOT top while you install the sunshade and it's no issue at all.

The only slight PITA I've run into is if you notice the headliner needs some "pressing" to get the velcro tight on the cross bars again, you have to remove the sunshade to get to it.

But, even that is simple in comparison to the first sunshade I had. With the HotHeads, you install hooks into the frame by replacing a number of factory bolts. So, you just open the top, unhook the shade everywhere except the front (behind the sun visors), flip the shade over the front windshield, close the top nearly all the way, firm up all the velco, flip the shade back, and pull the straps back over the hooks.

I can do all that at least twice as fast as trying to reinstall a sunshade with those damn bungieball setups.
Sponsored