Sponsored

Sun shade for JL Wrangler

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I just ordered the rear. I see this is a few months back. Now the are sold out on the fronts.
Ah that sucks. I now have both but summer driving is over so away they go until next May/June. At least I got the rear and ran it for a few weeks before I had to take them both off.
Sponsored

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
Ah that sucks. I now have both but summer driving is over so away they go until next May/June. At least I got the rear and ran it for a few weeks before I had to take them both off.
Any updates from those with spiderwebshades? Does the protective film they send prevent a majority scratches?
Trying to decide between a 2 piece or 1 piece shade.

thehangingchad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates from those with spiderwebshades? Does the protective film they send prevent a majority scratches?
Trying to decide between a 2 piece or 1 piece shade.
I have the spiderwebshade. I ordered a piece of felt from Amazon and ran it along the bar. It works perfectly fine.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you want the hump over the soundbar with I don't like the look of get a one-piece if you like it clean looking get the two piece from Alien I love the two-piece it looks so much cleaner with no hump oversound bar. Tell me that doesn't look cleaner than a shade going over the sound bar with a big hump

Screenshot_20190101-224854_Chrome.jpg

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you want the hump over the soundbar with I don't like the look of get a one-piece if you like it clean looking get the two piece from Alien I love the two-piece it looks so much cleaner with no hump oversound bar. Tell me that doesn't look cleaner than a shade going over the sound bar with a big hump

Screenshot_20190101-224854_Chrome.jpg
Yup.

08D143F4-9D89-4934-B3A8-7576CA1140C1.jpeg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Looks good I like the red on the gray.That was a good example of why one piece has the hump and the two piece looks very nice and clean and doesn't have that hump look.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
People with the Alienshade or Spiderweb shade for the front of a 2 door. Do you have enough headroom with your shade installed? On what horizontal plane is your shade "roof"? I'm 6' 2" and am concerned if the shade hangs level with the bottom or mid-point of the rollbar I may rub my head on it, especially when leaning forward for a better view when wheeling. These look to be lower than JTops which sits on top of the rollbar. But I don't think I want JTops because they don't appear to have a front only shade for the 2 door. Thanks.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
People with the Alienshade or Spiderweb shade for the front of a 2 door. Do you have enough headroom with your shade installed? On what horizontal plane is your shade "roof"? I'm 6' 2" and am concerned if the shade hangs level with the bottom or mid-point of the rollbar I may rub my head on it, especially when leaning forward for a better view when wheeling. These look to be lower than JTops which sits on top of the rollbar. But I don't think I want JTops because they don't appear to have a front only shade for the 2 door. Thanks.
I am 6 foot and have the two piece alienshade and it is a very tight fit have plenty of headroom. It stays tight it does not sag at all

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I have the two piece alien shade and it rides pretty much in the centerline of the sport bars over the front seats. I'm 5'11" and have the seat all the way down and i do touch it when I'm getting situated in my seat before I take off. Not a big deal and its the only time it contacts me, but since you're a little taller you may have a different experience. Although I do have my seat pretty upright, so that may also have something to do with it.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I don't have a 2 door, but it's basically the same as my front for the 4 door. I'm 6'1 and my head is fine with the Alien shade with no hat, but if I wear a baseball hat the brim is almost bumping on the shade. It is no doubt a little lower than a JTop.

ohsobad21

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SRT8 Grand Cherokee, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I bought the JLKini from Spiderwebshade, the freedom tops are super easy to take off and put back on to not have some sort of sunshade. There won't be any worries about it scratching the paint because the mesh didn't go over it. Yeah yeah yeah, I had to take four bolts to loosen the windshield... THAT was even easier. I really don't see what the fuss is all about on that subject. My sunshade is staying on permanently. I have plenty of headroom. I'm 5'11.5".
DC90B873-E2BC-4DCA-AFAF-9C708390A17C.jpeg
8B85F26E-8C26-49BF-A919-B7335A290A72.jpeg
24921AB3-B1E4-4717-BAF6-5236C500C053.jpeg
9CB9D24F-37BC-440D-A6BA-1744091671EE.jpeg
FD7BD873-B592-406F-B84F-9422817F389D.jpeg
0E7005C9-23B8-4A74-9BF5-6F46C3D85B22.jpeg
44887D3B-B1B1-4B46-8505-377B81A125C5.jpeg
A84D6A04-AADD-4AC8-8388-348F2715972A.jpeg
AE35D242-B7B4-473E-983B-1E79D8D57E34.jpeg
In a nutshell, YES. A sunshade is worth it. I personally don't care what kind you get, they all have their pros and cons. Also, I have the option of getting the back covered if I buy the rear part. I just didn't see me going completely topless just yet. I like to take things slow.
Did you paint the Nubs red or did you order them that way?

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered them that way from them.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
These gaps are intentional so you can access freedom panel latches
depends on how big the gaps are I have the two piece alien sunshade. I really like the two piece but up front the gaps are too much around the windshield they should have made those little bungees that hook on the windshield shorter. the sun just beams right down on you and yes they have to be there to reach in for the freedom panels but it's way too much of a gap on my alien sunshade. the whole shade was made to short front and rear
Sponsored

Last edited: