Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my JTop on June 14. I wrote JTops support yesterday to get information about how long it would take and I got a reply back from the owner. He said they are making 10-12 tops per day. I suspect custom orders can slow the production down a little. There are 94 orders ahead of mine so I've got my fingers crossed the the top will ship by the 29 or 30th.

I'm going to wait it out. It's a small company building a new product that appears to be the highest quality. The only thing I think they should do differently is to do a better job of setting expectations.

Fingers crossed. I want to go topless for the 4th..
Sponsored

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
All of these shades are going to mar the paint on the roll bar areas they touch, wrap over or lay on top of. Spiderweb shade is adding a silk material to their shades now. Their show Jeep already has marks. Mine did too. Mine was on for two months. White Jeep white shade. Black marks across rear section and scratches to clear coat. I can't imagine what some of the other tops will do to Jeeps as they have even more contact with the paint.

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
I ordered my JTop on June 14. I wrote JTops support yesterday to get information about how long it would take and I got a reply back from the owner. He said they are making 10-12 tops per day. I suspect custom orders can slow the production down a little. There are 94 orders ahead of mine so I've got my fingers crossed the the top will ship by the 29 or 30th.

I'm going to wait it out. It's a small company building a new product that appears to be the highest quality. The only thing I think they should do differently is to do a better job of setting expectations.

Fingers crossed. I want to go topless for the 4th..
I placed my order prior to the 14th and physically spoke to them yesterday and told them point blank, if I get my order before the 4th I would happily keep the order and if not I'm cancelling. They told me I won't have it prior to the week ending the 6th.

In any event you at least move up one because of me, lol!

sjromeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
All of these shades are going to mar the paint on the roll bar areas they touch, wrap over or lay on top of. Spiderweb shade is adding a silk material to their shades now. Their show Jeep already has marks. Mine did too. Mine was on for two months. White Jeep white shade. Black marks across rear section and scratches to clear coat. I can't imagine what some of the other tops will do to Jeeps as they have even more contact with the paint.
A couple weeks ago JTops added a neoprene layer to the straps that eliminates contact between straps and paint. All these customer service requests have created many add ons and adjustments to the shade and explains why they are so back ordered. Great product with high demand but takes a lot of time to produce it correctly.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I ordered my JTOP on 6/12, a week later on 6/19 they emailed me it is processing. It was nice to have a status email, I am fine with the speed since I haven't picked up my JLUR yet. Perhaps it is being made quicker, since some have cancelled instead of waiting...lol.

Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I installed my Titanium Jtops sunshade yesterday. I really like it. Very well made, easy install. There is a rubberish strap that goes underneath the straps used to attach the sunshade to prevent damage to your paint. The top does not interfere with my GPCA grab handles. I took it for a quick spin before putting my hard top back on and it provided great shade and it cut down on the wind also. It will get plenty of use next week in the OBX. I will report back if there are any issues.

20180621_200018-jpg.jpg

20180621_200028-jpg.jpg

20180621_200103-jpg.jpg

sjromeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I installed my Titanium Jtops sunshade yesterday. I really like it. Very well made, easy install. There is a rubberish strap that goes underneath the straps used to attach the sunshade to prevent damage to your paint. The top does not interfere with my GPCA grab handles. I took it for a quick spin before putting my hard top back on and it provided great shade and it cut down on the wind also. It will get plenty of use next week in the OBX. I will report back if there are any issues.

20180621_200018-jpg.jpg

20180621_200028-jpg.jpg

20180621_200103-jpg.jpg
Thanks for the pictures. This clearly shows that there is no issue with the shade and the factory grab handles. Not sure what previous poster was talking about and why he had to remove handles.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the pictures. This clearly shows that there is no issue with the shade and the factory grab handles. Not sure what previous poster was talking about and why he had to remove handles.
There IS an issue with the Mopar factory grab handles. Especially if you have the soft top brackets installed. There isn't much room between the shade straps and the handle brackets. The straps for the shade have to be placed at an angle inside these grab handle brackets. This causes the shade to bubble up a little.

It works, but it's not perfect. I asked Jtops if they could have brought the two straps closer together by about an inch or two, but they said no. It would have caused other issues with the design.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
There IS an issue with the Mopar factory grab handles. Especially if you have the soft top brackets installed. There isn't much room between the shade straps and the handle brackets. The straps for the shade have to be placed at an angle inside these grab handle brackets. This causes the shade to bubble up a little.

It works, but it's not perfect. I asked Jtops if they could have brought the two straps closer together by about an inch or two, but they said no. It would have caused other issues with the design.
Here is a pic that shows the soft top bracket, Mopar handle, and Jtops shade.

It’s crowded up there!

8B6A9C94-ADA8-487E-B046-C00140A7DFB8.jpeg

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
... Spiderweb shade is adding a silk material to their shades now. ...
Thanks for this! I contacted SpiderWebShade support and they are going to add the silk to my shade. They even provided a shipping label for USPS 1 day to send it back. That's awesome customer support!

Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
They did this for me, as well. Sent it back today. We will see how it turns out. Made me a happy customer, that’s for sure.

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

It’s crowded up there!

I have the GPCA handles that I reinstalled after I took the pics and there was no problem. I believe others have posted pics in this thread with the GPCA handles and JTops Sunshade on. I am still making adjustments to how much I fold back the front of the sunshade when I put the top back on. Too little of a fold = droop and too much of a fold = droop lol. I'm confident I will find the sweet spot eventually.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Ordered my Jtops shade today. Now, which will get here first, the top or the JL which "shipped" earlier this week?

sjromeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S

It’s crowded up there!

OH!! I thought you were talking about the factory installed solid grab handle in the front corners between the windshield and doors. Yeah the added handles along the roll bars will vary with what will be compatible with various shades.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Does the mopar shade mar the paint on the roll cage?
Sponsored