JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
There are some red on white pictures in our Gallery here in the Sponsor directory...

:like:
Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
We need to hit up @martyb511 for that! He's getting one of the first titaniums, and he should have it TOMORROW!!!

How about it @martyb511 , can you hook us up?

:fingerscrossed:
Hahaha I would love to ladies and gents... Shade comes in tomorrow, I fly out to Conroe to pick up the JL on Friday and drive back to Dallas the same day.....should have pics hopefully Saturday or Sunday =) btw....the Titanium shade will be going on a Granite Crystal

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hahaha I would love to ladies and gents... Shade comes in tomorrow, I fly out to Conroe to pick up the JL on Friday and drive back to Dallas the same day.....should have pics hopefully Saturday or Sunday =) btw....the Titanium shade will be going on a Granite Crystal
Great, I want to see granite with titanium. In my head it already looks great. Need something to protect my bald head.

Sponsored

Abilene

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2016 JK Sahara, 2018 JL Rubicon
At $200, you have a deal. $259 for the Titanium is what I can’t jump on...yet. Lol.
Mike again from JTops, the titanium mesh is a tighter weave meash and cost us double the amount per square yard for the raw fabric. It blocks 90% of the UV rays vs 80% like our regular mesh. It’s just expensive to use! Great question!

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
I ordered granite today. Higher quality sounds good to me. My GF is anti sun (a ginger who works on TV) and she is pleased to learn that it is 90% UV protective. My hopes is to have top off always and throw it up when I drive her when the sun is high.

Correction: titanium

Last edited:

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Why not use your other material then?
It’s a color choice. We do offer shades made with our original mesh offering in other colors. Titanium is simply a color choice, but that choice comes at a higher cost.

:)

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just installed my JLKini spiderweb shade. Super easy to install!!

I few folks were hesitant due to the windshield having to be lowered. It's simply just removing 4 bolts, and snapping on the spiderweb clips. The instructions indicate removing the wiper blades, which you don't have to do.

The spider-nubs are an improvement over the spider balls. You don't have to remove the back portion of the hard top to install the JLKini. There's a big enough gap, between the roll bar and hard top, to slide the two rear cords.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

I few folks were hesitant due to the windshield having to be lowered. It's simply just removing 4 bolts, and snapping on the spiderweb clips. The instructions indicate removing the wiper blades, which you don't have to do.

The spider-nubs are an improvement over the spider balls. You don't have to remove the back portion of the hard top to install the JLKini. There's a big enough gap, between the roll bar and hard top, to slide the two rear cords.
Post up some pics please

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl

I would also like to see some pics since I can't decide between the two.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I have had a spiderwebshade jl4d on for the last month or so... and I've just removed it.

It's a great shade. I like the material and it does work well. My problem, tho, is there is significant flapping on the back most piece. AND, because of the flapping it looks like it's starting to wear lines into the paint on the rear cross bar. Also, the Spider-nubs for the rear most bungees are hard plastic and they rest directly on the rear bar and have created black marks in both spots! I should of checked on this sooner, but I've been running it combined with my soft top so I've not gotten a good look at it until recently.

I'm still deciding on what to do, either try to solve my issues, or just sell the jl4d and go for something else.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Mike again from JTops, the titanium mesh is a tighter weave meash and cost us double the amount per square yard for the raw fabric. It blocks 90% of the UV rays vs 80% like our regular mesh. It’s just expensive to use! Great question!
Soooooo....it's $10 more for titanium....which costs you twice as much in material as a color......So your material cost is only $20 of the $259? lol
Sponsored