Sun shade for JL Wrangler

RichieRugs

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
Anybody with a hard top have the Jtop installed? Hoping for a review as it seems to be the best so far. Open to other suggestions.
Sponsored

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
Does anybody know which provides more shade the Jtops or spiderweb? Pale Irish skin matters!

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Anybody with a hard top have the Jtop installed? Hoping for a review as it seems to be the best so far. Open to other suggestions.
I posted a review some posts back on this thread on my experiences with the Jtops shade if you wanted to check it out. To answer your questions specifically I have a hard top with this shade and as long as you have the three straps up front pulled tight like they are supposed to be, you can not even tell that the shade is even there when you have the freedom panels and back on. From the pictures I posted above you can see how tight the top gets when properly installed, makes for no flapping and a great look! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Does anybody know which provides more shade the Jtops or spiderweb? Pale Irish skin matters!
This one is simple! Jtops is the only shade not he market that will cover the top of your Jeep completely. This is precisely why I went with this top, I am a pale skinned ginger and I need my shade taken seriously lol and that is exactly what Jtops takes into consideration. I have pictures posted on this same thread a few posts back that show how much coverage these things provide and it is tremendous. If you have any more questions or want me to provide more pictures just let me know!

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
This one is simple! Jtops is the only shade not he market that will cover the top of your Jeep completely. This is precisely why I went with this top, I am a pale skinned ginger and I need my shade taken seriously lol and that is exactly what Jtops takes into consideration. I have pictures posted on this same thread a few posts back that show how much coverage these things provide and it is tremendous. If you have any more questions or want me to provide more pictures just let me know!
Thanks. I had a spiderweb on my jku and it was great very tight pores and kept out like 80% of the sun. But the bungees wore out.i just don't want to give up the % block of sun. Just hadn't read any comparisons.

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Spiderweb blocks out 90% UV while JTops is 80% UV. However JTops cover more surface area and I believe should be WAY easier to take on and off.

Lonald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara JLU
Has anyone ordered or currently have the geartech.com shade??

The price is by far the best I have sceen. Also there top doesn’t require you to drop the windshield for install. I am not to enthoused about dropping the windshield...

Last edited:

Abilene

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2016 JK Sahara, 2018 JL Rubicon
Spiderweb blocks out 90% UV while JTops is 80% UV. However JTops cover more surface area and I believe should be WAY easier to take on and off.
This is Mike from JTops, our titanium color mesh will block 90% as it is a tighter mesh. Your right about all the other colors they are 80%.

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a shade, but just can't get myself to spend over $200 on one. Ouch.

Sponsored

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
If you have the top off, doors on and windows up, how much wind noise is there with the JTops sunshade? What about if you have the top on but the freedom panels off, doors on and windows up? Can you talk on the phone? I want to get the JTops titanium and I want to run around with the freedom panels off, but I have quite a few business calls to take while driving, which is the main reason I leave the freedom panels on all week.

Abilene

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Abilene

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have the top off, doors on and windows up, how much wind noise is there with the JTops sunshade? What about if you have the top on but the freedom panels off, doors on and windows up? Can you talk on the phone? I want to get the JTops titanium and I want to run around with the freedom panels off, but I have quite a few business calls to take while driving, which is the main reason I leave the freedom panels on all week.
This is Mike form JTops. Our top in conjunction with the inherent noise suppression of the new JL it is very quiet. During testing we spent a lot of time on the road and on the phone. With just the freedom panels off there is just a whisper and you can easily have a phone conversation. There is more noise, as would be expected, when the entire top is off. Even then comments from those who were involved in testing noticed just how quite it was.
As we get more and more tops out to customers we should get even more feedback!

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
I have run with Jtops shade in every possible scenario now and there is no noise from the shade period. I can hop in my jeep right now and take a video to show you how it is, the only noise you will get is from the wind not the top.
Sponsored