Sun shade for JL Wrangler

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I just got the DirtyDog two piece shade and so far I am pretty happy with it. It uses nylon straps and ladder locks to hold it in place, so its fairly simple to get installed. The two straps in the front slip between the windshield and winshield frame, so there is no need to lower the windshield to put it on or take it off.
https://store.dirtydog4x4.com/sun_screens/jl-unlimited-4-door
Thanks for the info Nicholas. I want to get the JTop, but it looks to be an overkill for the weather here in Virginia. I will probably use it 3 months out of the year, so no need to get something design for the Florida weather. The price of this one seems right. Can you tell me how noisy it is when driving at higher speeds? How easy is it to close the soft top with the shade on?
Sponsored

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I just got the DirtyDog two piece shade and so far I am pretty happy with it. It uses nylon straps and ladder locks to hold it in place, so its fairly simple to get installed. The two straps in the front slip between the windshield and winshield frame, so there is no need to lower the windshield to put it on or take it off.
https://store.dirtydog4x4.com/sun_screens/jl-unlimited-4-door
Hey Nicholas!
Canyou post pictures of the top on I was looking to get a dirty dog shade, alienshade is taking too long and in this Florida heat my thighs are dying.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
I'm also interested in the Dirty Dog and if you can leave it on (as is) without any adjustments being made with the soft top in any position.

Also, I'd like a sunshade to have replaceable bungees or straps. I had a soft roof rack and the straps/buckles started breaking with not a lot of use.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have a Dirty Dog 2-piece shade in a box but no Jeep to put it on yet.

My Jeep is supposed to show up this week so if it does and I will take some pictures as soon as I get the shade on.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
@Tar Heel Wrangler i will PM you once i have mine on and I'll show it to you in person.

Just need to get my jeep first.

GhostlyRides

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Sales Consultant
Looks like JTops a site sponsor has one they call Safari Sunshade announced @

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/jtopsusa.92/

31408227_971358523028967_935870552004886528_n-jpg.jpg
I am glad you brought this up Rob! This is actually my personal Jeep and Mike at Jtops was kind enough to let us have the very first shade for the JL to put to the test. I live locally in the same town as Mike and we were able to meet up and he made this JL shade a reality.

As for the product at hand.
The craftsmanship that goes into the Jtops shade is incomparable to anything else. The buckles used for the top are of high quality and extremely durable and easy to use. He even goes so far as to add a soft cushion between the painted roll cage and the strap. The install was easy and seamless. I had the luxury of getting instructions from Mike, however even without that added benefit the install was intuitive and user friendly. With the magnets and straps combined together at speeds of around 75 for my experiences there was no chatter from the shade. There is no flapping around of any sort. The only small downside that my wife and I could find was the length of the straps, they would get in the way of sight lines and sometimes smack you in the head whilst driving at high speeds. Luckily this issue has already been addressed and for individuals that have already ordered yours, rest assured your top will have the new design implemented to eliminate this small issue.
Overall my wife and I love the top, and the color combinations and designs available from their website really compliment our JL!
Shipping should start this week so if you have not grabbed your shade already this is the time to do so. If y'all have any questions you can message me or go to Jtops facebook page for more pictures and information.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I am glad you brought this up Rob! This is actually my personal Jeep and Mike at Jtops was kind enough to let us have the very first shade for the JL to put to the test. I live locally in the same town as Mike and we were able to meet up and he made this JL shade a reality.

As for the product at hand.
The craftsmanship that goes into the Jtops shade is incomparable to anything else. The buckles used for the top are of high quality and extremely durable and easy to use. He even goes so far as to add a soft cushion between the painted roll cage and the strap. The install was easy and seamless. I had the luxury of getting instructions from Mike, however even without that added benefit the install was intuitive and user friendly. With the magnets and straps combined together at speeds of around 75 for my experiences there was no chatter from the shade. There is no flapping around of any sort. The only small downside that my wife and I could find was the length of the straps, they would get in the way of sight lines and sometimes smack you in the head whilst driving at high speeds. Luckily this issue has already been addressed and for individuals that have already ordered yours, rest assured your top will have the new design implemented to eliminate this small issue.
Overall my wife and I love the top, and the color combinations and designs available from their website really compliment our JL!
Shipping should start this week so if you have not grabbed your shade already this is the time to do so. If y'all have any questions you can message me or go to Jtops facebook page for more pictures and information.

That’s good to hear about the straps, that stood out in the installation video. Ordered some fabric samples!

Abilene

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2016 JK Sahara, 2018 JL Rubicon
@Abilene - Mike, one thing I wish you all had on your website was a full on picture of every pattern you sell, especially the non-solid colors. It would give us a better idea on what each of them look like without having to guess. I know you guys have random ones from customer pictures, but it would be nice to see all of them. Preferably on a Jeep, but by itself is fine too if that is all you have to work with.
We are working on it! We just hired a new marketing o
@Abilene - Mike, one thing I wish you all had on your website was a full on picture of every pattern you sell, especially the non-solid colors. It would give us a better idea on what each of them look like without having to guess. I know you guys have random ones from customer pictures, but it would be nice to see all of them. Preferably on a Jeep, but by itself is fine too if that is all you have to work with.
We just hired a new marketing company and will have all new content! New video, new images and a national promotion is in the works!

Sponsored

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
So, went by my local dealership Saturday. Wanted to see if they had any dual tops on the lot with the window storage bag (bear with me here) and, of course, they had none.

Went to the parts counter to see if they maybe had a catalog with a photo or picture of it. They didnt. But, they did have a catalog that had photos of two Mopar sunshades. One was a solid shade (no description so don’t know if it was sail cloth or premium top fabric) and the other was a mesh shade. The weekend person didn’t know anything about the JL or availability of the two tops. But, it’s interesting that there are (will be?) two sun bonnets from Mopar.

OP
OP

Nicholas6

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hey Nicholas!
Canyou post pictures of the top on I was looking to get a dirty dog shade, alienshade is taking too long and in this Florida heat my thighs are dying.
Picture of my Dirty Dog front shade below.

6351665E-BB13-49A5-B777-85117D39D932.jpeg

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I have the spiderwebshade, and so far am pretty fond of it. I also have little ones, and will be more inclined to leave the hardtop off for long stretches in the summer with the shade on. Also its quieter on the freeway, and keeps the interior temp down when parked out in the sun. On the flip side, it does reduce the open-air feeling a bit. Will see how it turns out in the long run!

shade.jpg