Sponsored

Sun shade for JL Wrangler

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at getting the Spiderweb Shade (kini) just for the front of my JL 2 door. Obviously the freedom panels are removed for the instillation but does the hard top have to be removed? The only instructions I can find are for a 4 door, with the top off.
The hard top doesn’t need to be removed. They provide a little shoelace thingy that you use to pull the bungee through and stretch the cord until it slips onto the mount. You also don’t need to Completely drop your windshield, just remove the 4 bolts, pull the windshield forward a few inches (helps to have a helper hold it for you), and the front clips can be snapped in place.

Love my spiderwebshade. I use it with a Sunrider, and it cuts the wind and noise considerably (no more Jeep hair). Before, with the Sunrider open, the sun would get in my eyes and on a hot day I would get sunburned within an hour.

0BC06D36-B43F-45EB-8DDB-65161F9C2D27.jpeg

gunny71

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2door stingray rubicon 2012 Jk 2door sport
Just put on a 2 door Long spiderweb shade on my jl a couple of days ago. Very secure, no noise or bouncing. Goes to within a fingers width of the edge. Had spools that go on where existing screws were in roll bar that bungi loops go around, very secure. Like it better than the alien on my Jk.

Last edited:

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
If there are any Granite JLU owners who have the JTOPS in either titanium or black, if you could share photos, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm about to order and just need to finalize which will look best on my Wrangler.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just put on a 2 door Long spiderweb shade on my jl a couple of days ago. Very secure, no noise or bouncing. Goes to within a fingers width of the edge. Had spools that go on where existing screws were in roll bar that bungi loops go around, very secure. Like it better than the alien on my Jk.
yeah same here I like it a lot better than my alien I have the two piece and really liked it it covers a lot more area and looks better then the alien shade

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I am looking at the 1 piece jtop and 2 piece spiderweb for my JLU Sahara. I am nervous about the spiderweb destroying the paint. Anyone out there have the spiderweb that has caused paint damage after long term use?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I am looking at the 1 piece jtop and 2 piece spiderweb for my JLU Sahara. I am nervous about the spiderweb destroying the paint. Anyone out there have the spiderweb that has caused paint damage after long term use?
I had alien two-piece and hated it because all the bungee cords I went with spider web two-piece and it's the best. go with the two piece the one piece you have a big hump well thing on there. in my opinion I hate the one piece the way it looks two piece looks a lot more better. It has a bungee string but no more bungee balls The bunch of balls looks stupid in my opinion That's why I spider web it away with them it's not going to hurt your paint on the two-piece it comes with a clear piece that goes across the back to keep the pain from getting to messed up with spider web.0 here's a picture of their two piece on a JL it looks so much better that one piece you have the big hump over the sound bar and it looks like a big hump well from the side in my opinion this here looks nice and clean I've got a black and white Jeep just like that with the black sunshade two piece. Spider web send you this clear piece of film and it goes over the back and it protects the paint Jacobs or Jay top whatever they call it is expensive and it has a lot of weights on it and they only make a one piece go with the two piece when you take your top off it looks so much cleaner

Screenshot_20210608-132733_Chrome.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
And do not buy any alien sun shades they are out of business. the owner which I knew I used to talk to him through text sold the company about 2 years ago and the new owners let it go under. they went under they're out of business. there's no warranties you buy anything on alien and you won't get a warranty they're out of business. spider web has a lifetime warranty the owner Chris down there in Florida great people they stand behind their product. If you have the four-door trust me get the two piece it looks so much cleaner and easier to mess with you've got that big hump I will say it again on the top side of the sound bar when you put a one piece from the side you have that big hump and when you cover it you see it. Here's a picture of my Jeep you can see the two piece everyone that sees mine wishes they got the two piece that has a one piece you don't have that hump covered it's more clean looking

Screenshot_20201013-232335_Gallery.jpg

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If you have the four-door trust me get the two piece it looks so much cleaner and easier to mess with you've got that big hump
I went with the long one piece on my 2 door, and I'd probably do the same on a 4 door. I agree with you on the looks, but for me I was concerned about the sun shade sitting any lower, the JL already lacks headroom in my opinion. Having the shade go over the sound bar keeps it from invading on your headroom anymore than necessary.

Sponsored

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I got the spiderweb shade one piece because they recommended it over the two, to each his own. I had the one piece on JK and having one tight piece of fabric seems to keep flapping down and no gaps to burn your neck. I also got the door skins from them that are specifically for the Rancho doors.

7A8A7ABA-FCA6-4F2F-95AE-E576CB6996C3.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I got the spiderweb shade one piece because they recommended it over the two, to each his own. I had the one piece on JK and having one tight piece of fabric seems to keep flapping down and no gaps to burn your neck. I also got the door skins from them that are specifically for the Rancho doors.

7A8A7ABA-FCA6-4F2F-95AE-E576CB6996C3.jpeg
I can assure you I have no sunburn spots on my neck and I live in Texas where in the summer we have triple digit heat for 30 or more days in a row. And with the two piece you actually get each piece tighter and you don't have to worry about it flapping it all because each piece is very tight it's easier to make two pieces tight then one piece One piece is going to Flat more than two pieces I can assure you. Grap one long sheet and pull it tight with two people or cut the sheet in half and have two pieces and pull tight which do you think is going to get tighter the two pieces. Even the owner Chris runs the two piece on his white JL. It's all what what people like for themselves that's why they have two options. I had the 2 pieces on my JK no problems that's why I went back with a two-piece and waited till the spider's webs finally came out with the rear piece on the two piece it has a lot but cleaner look in my opinion but that's everyone's choice

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shade for JL Wrangler 7A8A7ABA-FCA6-4F2F-95AE-E576CB6996C3

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shade for JL Wrangler 7A8A7ABA-FCA6-4F2F-95AE-E576CB6996C3
Screenshot_20210610-004659_Gallery.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I noticed on my computer because the pictures are bigger you're from California LOL you don't even know what heat is. Like I said I'm in Dallas-Fort Worth triple digits in the summer for 30 days. We had a summer one year where was over 110 for 17 days in a row and that two-piece works just fine. I got no sunburn anywhere it does look like we have the same wheels though

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I noticed on my computer because the pictures are bigger you're from California LOL you don't even know what heat is. Like I said I'm in Dallas-Fort Worth triple digits in the summer for 30 days. We had a summer one year where was over 110 for 17 days in a row and that two-piece works just fine. I got no sunburn anywhere it does look like we have the same wheels though
I notice you're from Forth Worth, Denver would like to point out that you don't even know what sunshine is. 229 days of sun vs 300. Also our altitude makes the sun much more intense. UV rays increase in intensity about 6% for every 1,000 ft gained in elevation. So Denver's sun is about 30% more intense than Fort Worth's, that's before we start getting up on the mountains to play. By the time we reach the top of Red Cone near 13,000 ft we're talking about 78% more UV hitting us compared to Ft Worth.
Sponsored