Sun shade for JL Wrangler

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Finally ordered my JTops Titanium to go with the Granite Sahara. Cant wait! Been frying in this GA Heat/Sun! :sun::sun::sun::whew::whew::whew::jk::jk::jk:
Sponsored

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
DDC8D6CA-EC8D-40B5-8C0B-A8477EABC20A.jpeg
85240A9A-95E8-4B52-A51A-73191DAA2775.jpeg
0E36F91A-A8D2-42E0-BFDC-890F94E1EE95.jpeg
First of all, I love my spiderwebshade and have gotten great use out of it this summer so far, and have no plans of getting rid of it. Wouldn’t be topless every day without it. Something to be aware of after a month of use, though. The back edge that lays on the cross member of the sport bar does flap in the wind in speeds faster than about 40 mph. The flapping has started sanding down the paint and left quite a few scratches on mine. I’m going to try to polish them out and then come up with a solution. Also, the black plastic knobs on the rear corners have left black marks. Not a huge deal, but if anyone has any ideas to remedy this, let me know. Probably will try attaching some soft fabric to the trailing edge of the shade, and securing it to the cross member to arrest the abrasive movement. I imagine other shades will have this problem, as well. If I didn’t travel on the freeway so much it probably wouldn’t be an issue.
This sucks. I’m not sure I can live with this. I just installed mine last night too. :(

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Great new color and can you tell us if the buckles extra strap length has been resolved and padding where the buckles could scratch your sports bar? Mine has shipped finally and give us some feedback at speeds.

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
Great new color and can you tell us if the buckles extra strap length has been resolved and padding where the buckles could scratch your sports bar? Mine has shipped finally and give us some feedback at speeds.
The length of the straps seem perfect to just wrap and tuck under. I havent had it on the hwy yet to see if they flop out or not.

I see no danger of damaging the sports bar. The neoprene works good.

EDIT! Just realized it now has buckles that do a great job of retaining the straps.

20180608_110710.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The length of the straps seem perfect to just wrap and tuck under. I havent had it on the hwy yet to see if they flop out or not.

I see no danger of damaging the sports bar. The neoprene works good.

EDIT! Just realized it now has buckles that do a great job of retaining the straps.

20180608_110710.jpg
So JTOPS mentioned that the shade would interfere with the Mopar grab handles, but from looking at your pics, it looks to be ok. Any issue or rearranging around these handles?

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
So JTOPS mentioned that the shade would interfere with the Mopar grab handles, but from looking at your pics, it looks to be ok. Any issue or rearranging around these handles?
Its just a tight fit next to them, I didn't mind the fitment at all and I'm OCD. haha. I can take a few pics when I go back out in a min.

Shamus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 98 TJ
Installed the JTOPUSA shade today. It's pretty sweet!
20180608_102056.jpg
Is there some protection / padding under the shade to prevent scratching the paint. I know the straps / buckles have paddings but I don't want to get JTOPUSA if it scratches like Spiderweb Shades.

Thanks,

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
I think there is one floating around somewhere. I was unable to find it. Might want to message them and ask.

Roadrat22

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 4 door
Finally ordered my JTops Titanium to go with the Granite Sahara. Cant wait! Been frying in this GA Heat/Sun! :sun::sun::sun::whew::whew::whew::jk::jk::jk:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE HEAT!! I ORDERED MINE MAY 21st AND JUST GOT AN EMAIL THAT ITS IN PRODUCTION!!!! OH AND 2 MORE WEEKS TO SHIP!! TITANIUM FOR MY GRANITE RUBICON!! SO 30+ DAYS TIL DELIVERY!!!

Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
GOOD LUCK WITH THE HEAT!! I ORDERED MINE MAY 21st AND JUST GOT AN EMAIL THAT ITS IN PRODUCTION!!!! OH AND 2 MORE WEEKS TO SHIP!! TITANIUM FOR MY GRANITE RUBICON!! SO 30+ DAYS TIL DELIVERY!!!
I got the email that mine was processing and then notification that it shipped the following day. Hopefully it will work out that way for you as well. Sunshade and TopLift Pro scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my SpiderWebShade JLKini today and did have to remove the (4) screws to install the front clips but did not remove the wipers, the shade does somewhat block the latches for the freedom panels but it’s honesly not the big of a deal to move the fabric out of the way and I more than likely won’t go topless that often but it does keep the heat off you here in south Texas DA1B8CC2-B984-400A-8C17-90CB111F4AA2.jpeg 7BB5CBBD-C705-4820-B709-F7A91B5D4BE5.jpeg 6B774DC3-056D-4F6B-A396-5ED7CB42936E.jpeg D4CBAA1F-7A30-4B4D-A28A-572F885BBDD7.jpeg B986FC5B-CC86-494F-B687-9B881ACD55C8.jpeg

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
This sucks. I’m not sure I can live with this. I just installed mine last night too. :(
My (potential) solution to the scratching, which starts after 3 days of non highway use! 3M heavy duty adhesive Velcro. I just had it laying around and haven't been on the road with it yet.

If this doesn't work, I'm just polishing out the scratches and putting some ppf on.

IMG_20180609_120225.jpg

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
How long have you had your drill in your Jeep. I live in tx. It’ll be 102 tomorrow. I’m concerned about it getting too hot.
I've had it about 4 months. I'm in NJ, so it doesn't get so hot here, but I've not seen issues. I keep it in the little covered bay in the back.
Sponsored