Sponsored

Sun shade for JL Wrangler

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Not advocating scratching it on purpose. It’s really not that big of a deal.
Yes it is. The JK didn't scratch at all with a sunshade. Dealing with scratched paint just to have a sunshade is a step backwards not forwards.
If that's scratched after less than a year, what do you think it'll look like after 6?
Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Yes it is. The JK didn't scratch at all with a sunshade. Dealing with scratched paint just to have a sunshade is a step backwards not forwards.
If that's scratched after less than a year, what do you think it'll look like after 6?
That’s the reason I made the post, to help others before the scratches occur. Mitigation is pretty straight forward and detracts nothing from usability. We are grown ups here, figuring out solutions to help other members is a real step forward. If you don’t want scratches, find a solution on your own or don’t use a shade.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
That’s the reason I made the post, to help others before the scratches occur. Mitigation is pretty straight forward and detracts nothing from usability. We are grown ups here, figuring out solutions to help other members is a real step forward. If you don’t want scratches, find a solution on your own or don’t use a shade.
I appreciate the head's up, but it does seem like a step backward for Jeep and an oversight by the aftermarket.
After almost 80 years of production, the "it's a Jeep thing" excuse is getting a little thin. Each consecutive model should get better not worse.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I have the spiderweb shade on my JLU. I think it's great. Stays installed under my hard top. Was just enjoying it this morning.

About the windshield, it really couldn't be easier to put down. Can do it in a couple min, max--four torx bolts plus the wipers. Took me more time to get all the loops stretched into place. I keep a little cordless drill in the jeep. Makes taking the top, windshield, etc. off super easy and fast. But I don't really plan to take the shade off anyhow, so it's a moot point for me.
How long have you had your drill in your Jeep. I live in tx. It’ll be 102 tomorrow. I’m concerned about it getting too hot.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Spiderweb Shade JLKini for mine, this will be my first sunshade, I like the fact it stays on all the time so can put the freedom panels on over the top without removing it.

Sponsored

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ordered the JTops Titanium. Need all the sun protection I can get.

Jruedastinger

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
I ordered a JTops shade and have the GPCA handles. If you haven’t gotten an answer yet, I will report back to you with pics. Just ordered today though, so it could take awhile.
Any luck on this yet, I want to get one to but don’t want to get rid of my handles.

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Yea, I ordered my J Top on the 5/15 and still don't have the shade. I'm going to call and cancel today. So much for the "Due to extremely high demand it is now taking approximately 6-9 working days to ship. We are doing everything possible to ship quicker!"\

@Abilene What's the deal???

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just ordered the titanium JTop shade. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Ordered on 5/15 from JTops @Abilene and still nothing. I'm cancelling my order today. So much for:
"Due to extremely high demand it is now taking approximately 6-9 working days to ship. We are doing everything possible to ship quicker. "

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
Yea, I ordered my JL Top on the 5/15 and still don't have the shade. I'm going to call and cancel today. So much for the "Due to extremely high demand it is now taking approximately 6-9 working days to ship. We are doing everything possible to ship quicker!"
I’m in the same place. I ordered on 5/3. Two weeks ago I got an email stating it was going to ship any day after inquiring about the status. Still nothing.

Sponsored

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
We had good success with the two piece sunscreen from dirty dog 4x4 on our two previous JKU rubicons and will likely be going with this for our new JLU. Two piece is the way to go.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have my Spiderweb shade JLKini on its way, here in South Texas gotta have something to keep from getting burned

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I don't doubt it's solid, it's just the fact that my kids are cooking in the back with out a sunshade already. I can't wait another 3 weeks for the J-Tops.
I ordered the black JTops and love it. See pics.
Sponsored