Summary of Available EcoDiesel Skid Plates

blackJLURubi

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I put the Asfir fuel and oil pan/transmission skids on before our trip to Moab last year. It took a few hits, and probably offers some improvement over stock. What I don't like is that it's a small skid with a sharp angle on the leading edge so its going to catch where a full belly pan wouldn't as easily (in the video, look under the black method racing sticker).

If the Asfir were available for the diesel back then, I would have gone with them instead. I'm still hoping they have a black friday sale. If they do I'll sell you my used Asfir skids cheap and I'll throw in the stickers for free ; )

Personal opinion - the Asfir skids wouldn't stand up to something with hit after hit after hit (like I expect the Rubicon trail would be). Primary reason is the type of fasteners they use are prone to catch and get pulled off. I think the Artec would survive, beaten up sure, but I wouldn't be doing that trail more than once, if ever. If I was doing it repeatedly, it would have to be steel.
Thank you for the information. I do see the sharp edge and how it could be problematic. I would be interested in buying your ASFIR skid off of you though! For my use right now I think the ASFIR skid would do the job. Later down the road I hope to buy a full skid plate system.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
excellent.

don't know if you want to consider it, but the Artec DEF Tank Skid goes all the way across; you might want to list it as DEF Tank/Resonator as you have with the other brands.

FWIW, that was the first piece that i tapped once i had mine installed; would have been a tap on the plastic DEF Tank had i not had it there.

I've updated the original post to include @Artec's skids.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

excellent.

don't know if you want to consider it, but the Artec DEF Tank Skid goes all the way across; you might want to list it as DEF Tank/Resonator as you have with the other brands.

FWIW, that was the first piece that i tapped once i had mine installed; would have been a tap on the plastic DEF Tank had i not had it there.
Thanks. I've corrected that.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Has anyone in here successfully used the Asfir DEF skid in conjunction with the steel OEM rear bumper? Their website says it’s only been tested with the plastic bumper.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Has anyone in here successfully used the Asfir DEF skid in conjunction with the steel OEM rear bumper? Their website says it’s only been tested with the plastic bumper.
If nobody pipes up you should consider calling them. Some vendors are eager to give away a product so they can verify that it works in various scenarios.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

If nobody pipes up you should consider calling them. Some vendors are eager to give away a product so they can verify that it works in various scenarios.
I’ll hit them up via email (they are in Israel), you make a good point.

ROkchips

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
The Artec skid says it requires a 1.5"+ lift for their belly pan system but doesn't explain why....Any ideas?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
you could contact Artec and see what they say.
or even 'tag' them here and see if they pipe in.

The Artec skid says it requires a 1.5"+ lift for their belly pan system but doesn't explain why....Any ideas?

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Yup. Artec bellypan, Asfir DEF skid, OEM steel bumpers. Slight deviation from plastic bumper instructions for bumper bolts. Use the 2 OEM bumper bolts and one Asfir pressed nut plate. There was a slight gap between skid and bolt hole so i mistakenly mounted pressed nut plate upside down to better fit. Of course torquing it down popped the pressed portion. You can either add a spacer there or just leave it off. The two stock steel bumper are much stronger than Asfir provided bolts.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Yup. Artec bellypan, Asfir DEF skid, OEM steel bumpers. Slight deviation from plastic bumper instructions for bumper bolts. Use the 2 OEM bumper bolts and one Asfir pressed nut plate. There was a slight gap between skid and bolt hole so i mistakenly mounted pressed nut plate upside down to better fit. Of course torquing it down popped the pressed portion. You can either add a spacer there or just leave it off. The two stock steel bumper are much stronger than Asfir provided bolts.
Nice!! That is very helpful, much appreciated. Have you taken any good hits yet on the skid? I know the Artec belly pan is bad ass, but I was very impressed with the Asfir skids when I saw them at Off-road expo. We shall see how they hold up when I do the Rubicon next year.

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Not yet. I had the same concern and also a future Rubicon trip (previously cancelled due to wildfire). I expect it's first true test might be Winter 4x4 Jamboree.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Not yet. I had the same concern and also a future Rubicon trip (previously cancelled due to wildfire). I expect it's first true test might be Winter 4x4 Jamboree.
I guess we will be the Guinea pigs. More so me since I went with all Asfir skids including diffs.
Sponsored