Sponsored

Suggestions on front and rear bumpers, rock rails and armor?

Punk’nJL812

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Just starting up a ‘19 JLU build. Planning to go all the way with this one, so I started out with a sport. Eventually will finish up with a 6.4L hemi, but to get this build started off, what’s everyone’s suggestions for front and rear bumpers, rock rails and armor?
Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just starting up a ‘19 JLU build. Planning to go all the way with this one, so I started out with a sport. Eventually will finish up with a 6.4L hemi, but to get this build started off, what’s everyone’s suggestions for front and rear bumpers, rock rails and armor?
What's your time line? Might be wise to go straight for the hemi. Depending on your ultimate tire size and suspension goals, you will need upgraded drivetrain components (axles, driveshafts, etc.), frame modifications, etc. Bumpers may be something you have to replace at that point, or at least modify. Same thing with armor. You'll probably need to custom fit some skids depending on the details of your engine swap.

I think pondering build stages and goals early on will save you some considerable cash, and give you a road map for future mods.

My own personal example: I knew I wanted to end up with an Icon stage 8 lift and 37's, set up for a combination hunting and overlanding rig that is also my daily driver. The stage 8 is going on in two weeks, along with the 37's. But over the last year, I've installed a tire mount upgrade (to handle the 37's), steering stabilizer (same), winch plate and winch, wheel spacers (keep stock wheels with 37's), and roof rack.

Goal: overlanding-hunting-daily driver. Route: year long plan that I've installed myself, with a shop to install the lift.