Sponsored

Suggestions for fitting Rubicon wheels on a stock 2020 Sport?

2drSportOC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door sport
I took a little different approach because I like the stock sport rims. I wanted a bigger tire and was tempted to go with 33s. The take off option is the most cost effective, but I was a little concerned about gearing and potential rubbing if I ever add a sway bar disconnect. The stock sports drive great and wanted to maintain as much zip as possible. That said, I went with Ko2s in 255/75/17. It's a 32 inch tire and so far drives great, fills the wheel well some without looking too big for a stock stance. At some point (after the warranty expires) I will likely go with the Mopar lift, 35s and a regear.

Jeep JL1_LI.jpg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
OP just asked about rims, not tires.
He won't need any modifications to switch out the rims. They're same size and offset.
I think most assumed the OP was intending ”rims” to include wheels and tires. Other parts of the country can use a different vernacular and the meanings dont always line up. Since the rims are the same height and width it didn’t add to me why he would ask if a lift was required for only wheels.

It was also asked for ideas on 2drs. If getting the rubicon take off tires and wheels, it’s not a bad idea to add a rubicon take off suspension. For very little money you can add the rails to finish off the look and cover the pinch seam

Brett

OP
OP
Darrenblake

Darrenblake

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 2 door wrangler
absolutely and we get folks from much further out but one thing I’ll say is there’s quite a few of solid shops over in that area which I love to see! It the guys that charge a premium for poor work that drives me nuts!

wed love your business but if you can’t make it over, I can suggest some folks over there that I trust

brett
That’s be awesome. All y’all have been a lot of help. I’m open to all advice i can get and also recommendations for when i start upgrading

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
lol... don't know.... but there is no strap... it uses velcro and buckles on the sides....
Quick word on the Bimini top: I use to have a TJ and bought the Bimini/Bikini top from Bestop. The instructions called for you to latch the top down and then pull a strap in the middle to make it tight. Once you pulled the strap the top would be so tight you could bounce basket ball on it. By accident I didn't lock down the side latches and left the strap loose (very loose). Hopped on the highway with it like that, and it was the most beautiful experience I ever had while driving my Jeep. The top ballooned up like a parachute, causing the rushing air to curve up into the balloon area, then shoot down right onto the top of your head and neck. After that I never even thought of using AC again. I like to think I invented this technique I called in "Ballooning". Point is I wonder if you can do that with the JL Bimini Top. Also it looked really cool.

MNML_OVRLND

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I don't have the rims but I did put 33's and rubicon take off suspension.... here's a few pics....

33's with stock suspension
Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestions for fitting Rubicon wheels on a stock 2020 Sport? Jeep JL1_LI
Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestions for fitting Rubicon wheels on a stock 2020 Sport? Jeep JL1_LI

bimini top, windbreaker and tonneau cover

Fabricated foot pegs

This morning getting ready to go to the camp.... probably my favorite set up...front pieces to the hard top, wind bracket and tonneau cover... gives it that scrambler look...
I love the way this whole build looks!

Do you mind me asking what wheels those are? I’ve been looking for some old school steel wheels for my Jeep, but haven’t found any with the proper backspacing to fit with no issues... most likely going to go to some KM3 295 70/r17s in the near future

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I love the way this whole build looks!

Do you mind me asking what wheels those are? I’ve been looking for some old school steel wheels for my Jeep, but haven’t found any with the proper backspacing to fit with no issues... most likely going to go to some KM3 295 70/r17s in the near future
Costco steel wheels from what I was told....i bought them off of kijiji.
Sponsored