Sponsored

Suggestions for a dead pedal....?

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 dr, 2015 Willys 2 dr.
Want a dead pedal to rest my left foot on, any suggestions? Don't want something that makes it difficult to remove my floor mats.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Want a dead pedal to rest my left foot on, any suggestions? Don't want something that makes it difficult to remove my floor mats.
I'm quite happy with the Mountain Off Road dead pedal. It doesn't go to the floor so no floor mat issues. It's also high enough that you have the option to put your foot on it or under it flat on the floor if you want to stretch out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SSCTWJ7

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm quite happy with the Mountain Off Road dead pedal.
I second this. Bit of a pain to install, but 100% worth it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Another happy MORE owner here, after the install of course.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yes, the Mountain Off Road (MORE) dead pedal install is tight and best done by a contortionist, but it's worth it. It's a good idea to test which of the 3 pedal positions you want by temporarily attaching it with zip ties first. You can't change the pedal position without completely removing it and you won't want to do that twice.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Also have a More Pedal, works great. Do yourself a favor and drill the holes in the pedal plate a little bigger, you will be happy you did if you have to remove it to adjust it.
Gregj

OP
OP

nealwiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 dr, 2015 Willys 2 dr.
Thank you for the responses.... More it is.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I'm quite happy with the Mountain Off Road dead pedal. It doesn't go to the floor so no floor mat issues. It's also high enough that you have the option to put your foot on it or under it flat on the floor if you want to stretch out.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SSCTWJ7
Will this work with a manual? It would have to be narrow due to limited space to the left of the clutch pedal.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Will this work with a manual? It would have to be narrow due to limited space to the left of the clutch pedal.
As the MORE petal is currently made it will not fit a manual.
Gregj

Sponsored

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
I went with the Quadratec one and it is well made it took less then 5 mins to install. It lifts out of the way for mat removal

RealMenDIY

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Bit of a pain to install
This is the understatement of the week. I installed mine last night, pain in the butt but doable. Good luck getting to the back nut if you select the middle position on the bracket. I had to tighten it blind and the socket head was at an angle due to the nut proximity to the back of the pedal. I also drilled out the back bolt hole slightly to help with the install. I would still be out in the driveway if I hadn't.

Once installed it is rock solid and worth it. It's a little weird initially if you have ever driven MT vehicles in your life because it feels like your foot is on a clutch pedal. I do like the elevated position though so I can rest my foot underneath it if needed.

gimmefuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 willys
+1 for the M.O.R.E. pedal, just make sure all the kick panel harness are out of the way.
Just installed one on our 21 and while test fitting the captive bolt bracket noticed these was a 2 wire tape wrapped sub-harness running between the 2 holes. And yes the install is tight, buy not terrible.
Sponsored