Sponsored

Suggestion needed: 2.5"-3"Teraflex S/T or Alpine CT?

Jpan

First Name
Jian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Hello everyone,

First time posting on the forum here. I've been having my 4 door JLUR for almost half a year. Did some modifications on the exterior and lightings on it.

I know I'm going to need 2.5"-3" lift in order to fit 35s on my JLUR for comfort daily commute and occasionally weekend adventure.
However, I'm really undecided between Teraflex S/T or Alpine CT series. Alpine CT is out of my budget right now. Is it worth it to spend a whole lot more when a ground clearance I'm getting is the same? Does track bar/all four control arms really makes a huge difference when I'm only doing 2.5"-3"?

Let me know.
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Well if you are running 35” tires I would stay at 2.5” on the rubicon. It will give you plenty of lift for 35’s much more than that and the 35’s start to look to small for the amount of lift. Teraflex uses the same base springs for both lifts so it will ride the same with either one.
I just recently installed a Teraflex lift. I run 37” tires so I also added the F/R .5” load level kit to the base 2.5 spring lift. Along with the 8 Alpine IR arms and Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks and Progressive bump stops. It’s basically everything in the RT2 kit except the track bar( I run a different brand) and the Speed bumps. It rides great.

I think you would be fine with the ST2 kit with 35’s for a daily commuter.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jpan

First Name
Jian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Well if you are running 35” tires I would stay at 2.5” on the rubicon. It will give you plenty of lift for 35’s much more than that and the 35’s start to look to small for the amount of lift. Teraflex uses the same base springs for both lifts so it will ride the same with either one.
I just recently installed a Teraflex lift. I run 37” tires so I also added the F/R .5” load level kit to the base 2.5 spring lift. Along with the 8 Alpine IR arms and Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks and Progressive bump stops. It’s basically everything in the RT2 kit except the track bar( I run a different brand) and the Speed bumps. It rides great.

I think you would be fine with the ST2 kit with 35’s for a daily commuter.
Yep, I would go with ST2 kit and those piggy back shocks. Maybe I will throw in a track bar later.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was in a similar predicament but with 3.5” lift and 37”s. I decided on the st3 with falcon 3.3’s due to my current budget. I went to Moab last weekend and it did amazing, riding noticeably better than a lot of the jeeps in our group. I bought an adjustable track bar and ended up returning it after finding my axle was centered with their drop brackets.

I would just do the st2 lift because it will come with adjustable lower front control arms. Then you can always add the arms down the road if you feel the need.

One thing I do regret was drilling in the brackets for the track bar, looking back I wish i would have done adjustable track bars instead of the bracket because those could be a weak spot?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You can run 35’s on your rubicon stock suspension. With a 2.5” lift they are going to look small. Just my opinion though. However it will give you room to easily add 37’s

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jpan

First Name
Jian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Hello everyone,

First time posting on the forum here. I've been having my 4 door JLUR for almost half a year. Did some modifications on the exterior and lightings on it.

I know I'm going to need 2.5"-3" lift in order to fit 35s on my JLUR for comfort daily commute and occasionally weekend adventure.
However, I'm really undecided between Teraflex S/T or Alpine CT series. Alpine CT is out of my budget right now. Is it worth it to spend a whole lot more when a ground clearance I'm getting is the same? Does track bar/all four control arms really makes a huge difference when I'm only doing 2.5"-3"?

Let me know.

Thanks, guys for your suggestions.

I ended up getting the Teraflex ST2.5 with 3.3 adjustable shocks. I actually find out that it is cheaper to buy ST2.5 and shocks separately are $100 cheaper than buying the bundled lift kit.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, guys for your suggestions.

I ended up getting the Teraflex ST2.5 with 3.3 adjustable shocks. I actually find out that it is cheaper to buy ST2.5 and shocks separately are $100 cheaper than buying the bundled lift kit.
It’s weird, but that’s what I found out as well so I pieced together my Teraflex lift separately.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about the st2 and fox or falcon shocks, how have you liked yours
Sponsored