Gvind

First Name
Govind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Hi Guys,
What’s you go to for slimmest roof rack. Show me what you got !

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
What do you mean by "slim"? Narrow? Not tall? Close to roof?
The Maximus-3 Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform might be considered slim. (the ladders and rack rails are optional)
https://maximus-3.com/jl-roof-rack

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
What do you mean by "slim"? Narrow? Not tall? Close to roof?
The Maximus-3 Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform might be considered slim. (the ladders and rack rails are optional)
https://maximus-3.com/jl-roof-rack
This... plus what are you wanting to do with it that you want it slim? I have had the Rhino Rack Pioneer platform and currently am running the Exposed Racks system.

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Don't think there's one with a lower profile than Maximus 3 Pioneer rack. As mentioned the ladders and rack rail are extras......

You can buy the maximus 3 supports independently and have them shipped to Oz, and source the Pioneer Rack locally to you

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestion for slimmest roof rack IMG_9708.JPG

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
ARB USA just released new base rack series with JL specific option. Sorry, no link but Google is your friend. :)

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Exposed Racks has a low profile rack that is probably little lower profile than the Maximus-3. I have had the Maximu-3/Pioneer set up so I can speak from experience that it is very low profile, but not quite as low as the Exposed Racks. Though it really depends what you want to do. Though we seem to be more interested in this topic than the OP!

https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9655-bk-solid-jl-jlu-hard-top-pkg-txt-blk

stg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Go Rhino SRM 500. Comes in 3 lengths. 55", 65" and 75".
Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestion for slimmest roof rack SRM500

stg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
55" Yes. 65" maybe. I have the 75". I would need to remove the rack to get the panels off.
Rack is very easy to remove. I hope that helps.

IrnBear

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Expedition, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Exposed Racks has a low profile rack that is probably little lower profile than the Maximus-3. I have had the Maximu-3/Pioneer set up so I can speak from experience that it is very low profile, but not quite as low as the Exposed Racks. Though it really depends what you want to do. Though we seem to be more interested in this topic than the OP!

https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9655-bk-solid-jl-jlu-hard-top-pkg-txt-blk
Would you trust this setup to carry two basic kayaks ??

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Would you trust this setup to carry two basic kayaks ??
Yep. It held my 147lb RTT and myself and my wife. So I’m confident it’ll hold 2 kayaks. Unless they’re made of solid steel. Then I’d have to reconsider it!

stg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I run a 100lb rooftop tent. This mounts to the roll bar in 4 areas. You would need to drill into the hardtop for my setup. They also make gutter mounts that will easily carry 2 kayaks.

jetjammer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm going with an UpTop Rack. I like the fact that I can run with a full set up or still be able to take off the front with my Freedom top. Even the fact that the whole rack is easily removable and stored. The guys there are great and really test out the products for themselves.

Check'em out: https://www.uptopoverland.com/collections/jeep-jl

I decided to go with the Alpha system.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
people who are running SRM series racks, are there much wind noise while driving down on the interstate? I am trying to decide between 500 and 600

for now, i am not doing RTT, need the rack to carry the ground tent and other supplies so 600 with the 3 sides seems like perfect with rain rugger mount. what i dont know is if the 3 sides can be removed later on (or get a 500 and add 3 sides?) should i choose to get a RTT. thoughts?

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
people who are running SRM series racks, are there much wind noise while driving down on the interstate? I am trying to decide between 500 and 600

for now, i am not doing RTT, need the rack to carry the ground tent and other supplies so 600 with the 3 sides seems like perfect with rain rugger mount. what i dont know is if the 3 sides can be removed later on (or get a 500 and add 3 sides?) should i choose to get a RTT. thoughts?
Also interested in knowing this. And if anyone has mounted awings to this.
Sponsored