Suggestion- 4Xe Sahara tires

NASH732

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4Xe
I just picked up my new 4Xe Sahara not in love with the tires they put on it. For now during the break in period I want to change out the tires only. What do you recommend with a little more aggressive look and maybe a little taller. Been looking at 285/60 & 295/60. Do you think 295/60 will be an issue? As far as tires Midas has a Buy 3 get one 1 free on Cooper any suggestions with Cooper? Will an SL tire work or should I look for a XL or better? Cooper has these Rugged Trek but only SL rated.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Keeping the stock 20s?

I have 295/65s Ridge Grapplers on my Ram. Bout an inch taller than the 295/60s.

RNLROCK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4XE Sahara
There are a few of us on here that have installed 275/60/20 on our factory 4xe rims. I am very happy with the bigger tires but not so much with the Continental TerrainContact A/T tires I put on. They are impossible to balance, even with a road forced balancing machine.

I found that the larger tire definitely helps with handling, especially on the highway compared to the stock tires and size.

I am having my dealer swap them out for Falken WildPeak A/Ts this weekend. They are more aggressive and improved the ride on my GMC Canyon.

Sponsored

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Sahara
I just got a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in 285/65r20, which comes to about 34.6x11.2. Having them installed next wednesday!

capn00

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I just picked up my new 4Xe Sahara not in love with the tires they put on it. For now during the break in period I want to change out the tires only. What do you recommend with a little more aggressive look and maybe a little taller. Been looking at 285/60 & 295/60. Do you think 295/60 will be an issue? As far as tires Midas has a Buy 3 get one 1 free on Cooper any suggestions with Cooper? Will an SL tire work or should I look for a XL or better? Cooper has these Rugged Trek but only SL rated.
I might have a full set of 2020 Rubicon upgraded takeoffs soon. Considering taking advantage of the crazy used car prices and selling our 4xe Saraha. If I do, I will put the stock black rims back on and have a set clean of 5 with ~ 2,500 miles on them. The TPMS are installed, but dealer may need to flash them to work with the 4xe. I never bothered, but I was able to verify they are installed with a MaxiTPMS TS201. Here is a picture of them on the Jeep. I am located in Yardley, PA so just across the river from Trenton.

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestion- 4Xe Sahara tires IMG_1566

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I might have a full set of 2020 Rubicon upgraded takeoffs soon. Considering taking advantage of the crazy used car prices and selling our 4xe Saraha. If I do, I will put the stock black rims back on and have a set clean of 5 with ~ 2,500 miles on them. The TPMS are installed, but dealer may need to flash them to work with the 4xe. I never bothered, but I was able to verify they are installed with a MaxiTPMS TS201. Here is a picture of them on the Jeep. I am located in Yardley, PA so just across the river from Trenton.

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestion- 4Xe Sahara tires IMG_1566
Jeep changed the TPMS after 6/5/21, that's why it's not working. Your stock tires should sync right back up. If you decide to keep it, just swap the TPMS out with your stock ones.

capn00

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Jeep changed the TPMS after 6/5/21, that's why it's not working. Your stock tires should sync right back up. If you decide to keep it, just swap the TPMS out with your stock ones.
That makes sense. Honestly hasn't been worth the effort to make any changes. Light on dash doesn't bother me as I have a tire gauge in the center console.

Sponsored

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just had the Falkens installed on Saturday and am loving them on the 4xe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestion- 4Xe Sahara tires IMG_1750

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggestion- 4Xe Sahara tires IMG_1750
Nice they look great!!! One of my tires got cancelled and now I have to wait a week more :crying:

OP
OP

NASH732

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4Xe
Nice they look great!!! One of my tires got cancelled and now I have to wait a week more :crying:
You are going with 285/65 are you worried about possible rubbing? I am changing the tires as well been looking at Cooper AT/3 or Rugged Trek.

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are going with 285/65 are you worried about possible rubbing? I am changing the tires as well been looking at Cooper AT/3 or Rugged Trek.
From what I've seen on here, there doesn't seem to be much rubbing at that size. Might be wrong though. I have a 2.5 inch Teraflex spacer lift ready to go as well, but I wont be able to install that for another month or so.