Sponsored

Suggested Upgrades after upgrading to 39” Tires?

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
How are you liking the 5.13s?
They are great! Drove it to Moab September, played for a week and drove home at 85-90! I have not drove it much lately since I but it for sale. For the money the gear swap is the best value upgrade I did.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
They are great! Drove it to Moab September, played for a week and drove home at 85-90! I have not drove it much lately since I but it for sale. For the money the gear swap is the best value upgrade I did.
Gotcha...why are you selling it? I wonder if you'll get back any of the regear investment when reselling? I just went to 37s and am considering 4.88's, but may end up selling it this summer if I don't have enough time to drive it on the wknds after our next baby comes in May.

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
Gotcha...why are you selling it? I wonder if you'll get back any of the regear investment when reselling? I just went to 37s and am considering 4.88's, but may end up selling it this summer if I don't have enough time to drive it on the wknds after our next baby comes in May.
Built it to do a couple bucket list things, on to the next project!

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
Is there any disadvantage regarding strength of the R/P when changing gear sets? i.e. 4.88s vs 5.38s.

Seems to be talk of this but...

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Is there any disadvantage regarding strength of the R/P when changing gear sets? i.e. 4.88s vs 5.38s.

Seems to be talk of this but...
I think it was on a Trail to SEMA video, where someone broke a 5:38 ring and pinion in a stock housing. The way they were talking about it, nobody was surprised. Most were saying 5:13s max, due to pinion size. No experience personally. Just trying to figure out the future for myself going forward.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
You will recoup no money on a regear. The only mods that tend to recoup money are ones people see/like the looks of such as lift, bigger tires, bumpers, wheels etc.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You will recoup no money on a regear. The only mods that tend to recoup money are ones people see/like the looks of such as lift, bigger tires, bumpers, wheels etc.
Disagree. You just have to find the right buyer.

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We have the same tires on one of our 4 doors, it has 4.88's and its nowhere near enough, absolute dog on the highway. I would be at least a 5.13 or a 5.38 for sure.
Damn really? I thought the 4.88's were gonna be the closest to factory. I have a 40 mile commute thats all highway

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Damn really? I thought the 4.88's were gonna be the closest to factory. I have a 40 mile commute thats all highway
Go with 5.13's if you have an auto. The double overdrive transmission loves more gearing.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Is that rig on factory 44's?
That one has long since gone to a new home but yes, it was on factory 44's and never had an issue.

We built that one 3 times, first time was a 2.5" Adventure Series 3 Stage 1 (now named ultimate adventure stage 1) with 37's. Second build was a 3.5" Adventure Series Long Arm on 38's. Third build was a 4.5" Adventure X on 39's and later on, 40's. That jeep was a full fledged test mule for us. But when we put the 4.88's in it, the jeep had 37's and we kept meaning to go to 5.13's but didn't then 5.38's but didn't. Time is a valuable commodity.

1st setup 2.jpg

2nd setup.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That one has long since gone to a new home but yes, it was on factory 44's and never had an issue.

We built that one 3 times, first time was a 2.5" Adventure Series 3 Stage 1 (now named ultimate adventure stage 1) with 37's. Second build was a 3.5" Adventure Series Long Arm on 38's. Third build was a 4.5" Adventure X on 39's and later on, 40's. That jeep was a full fledged test mule for us. But when we put the 4.88's in it, the jeep had 37's and we kept meaning to go to 5.13's but didn't then 5.38's but didn't. Time is a valuable commodity.

Jeep Wrangler JL Suggested Upgrades after upgrading to 39” Tires? IMG_2884

Ok good to know thanks for the response. Is that a spicer ultimate 44 in the last pic or just a cover?