First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
HOW DARE YOU call a Pilot a minivan...(it CAN'T be a minivan! I would NEVER buy my wife a minivan! It's not really a minivan, is it?)
No a Honda Pilot is considered to be in the SUV class. Mini-vans have sliding doors.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Not sure about other mods however I will say first and foremost.... CONGRATS!!!!!

I remember that time like it was yesterday. But it was not. Our daughter is now a senior in HS and will turn 18 this New Years Eve. Already accepted to 3 universities into their Honors Colleges. (SORRY PROUD DAD MOMENT THERE).

Anyway enjoy!!! It goes fast!!!!! Remember your most important role is to be a Dad and Husband that is present and engaged.

concerning your Jeep. When our daughter was born we had a Cab and a half Dodge Truck with doors that open the opposite way on both sides (Driver and Passenger) to make it easier to get into the back. It helped some. We could put the car seat on either side for a while but it honestly worked best in the middle of the second row.

if you and your wife are not 6ā€™ plus or there about in height then possibly you will have room in the second row for the rearward facing car seat. To be honest I have not checked about that with a Jeep but it worked for our Truck and the second row was not huge. Good luck with that.

another great note with the wrangler is that there is a ton of space under the second row seats in the 4 Door. I typically donā€™t hear people talking about it but compared to many other vehicles this is like bonus space. So if you played your cards right and investigated you could easily place duffles or small plastic containers up under there for all sorts of stuff for your little one.

Again, CONGRATS!!!!

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have three under 4 years old. We love my JLUR. It is as good as my wife's GX460 hauling all three of them side by side, lots of space for everything. The spacer kit mentioned above probably would help with the car seats needing to lean back, but I just use seat belts for the carseat, and wedge it forward and ratchet the carseat more snuggly into the cushion and that obviates that problem.

You don't need a minivan :) just watch out for the doors swinging into other cars in the parking lot. They are better than the old strap- limited ones, but can still put a nice dent into the minivan next to you :)

"Daddy's Jeep" makes for good memories. Congrats on the first arrow in your quiver. Let us know how Momma and baby do when she delivers.

A7661055-2607-4717-859F-CC3449EB2C4C.jpeg

3643B4CC-FE1A-4782-A31B-7BA20D701246.jpeg

891B0EE2-D99C-4755-9637-CABD4E31DC10.jpeg

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI from the manual regarding using a carseat with anchor latches in the middle position. Page 273

"Can a child seat be installed in the center position using the inner LATCH lower anchorages?"

"Two Door Models- No. Four Door Models - Yes"
Four Door Only: You can install child restraints with flexible lower anchors in the center position. The inner anchorages are 18.5 inches (484 mm) apart. Do not install child restraints with rigid lower anchors in the center position"

I believe these are the type of anchors its referring to but someone please correct me if wrong. My Graco carseat has these and i've been too nervous to put it in the center because of this statement
https://www.amazon.com/Ansblue-ISOF...t=&hvlocphy=9029986&hvtargid=pla-569936436858

What are flexible lower anchors? I hook up my Diono with the two anchors by the rear seat belts and tie the back tether to the driver seat rail.

To OP my recommendation is to get front seat organizers/ covers that you can put wet wipes, diapers, bottles, etc. The wife finds this the only useful mod.
*Also you gotta get a baby in car magnet :CWL:

96FA9E26-4E05-43CF-852E-DFEDFC538668.jpeg

Last edited:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
What are flexible power anchors? I hook up my Diono with the two anchors by the rear seat belts and tie the back tether to the driver seat rail.

To OP my recommendation is to get front seat organizers/ covers that you can put wet wipes, diapers, bottles, etc. The wife finds this the only useful mod.
*Also you gotta get a baby in car magnet :CWL:

96FA9E26-4E05-43CF-852E-DFEDFC538668.jpeg
I think it's referring to the Anchor attachment on the car seat itself

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Certified carseat tech since 2012 here:

If you install 3 carseats across make sure the center seat is installed with the middle seatbelt. Do not share latch anchor points between two seats. They are not rated as strong as you think they are. Rigid latch are latch anchors that stick out straight from the seat base at a set width. Not many models with this feature out there.

foonf-Rigid_LATCH.jpg

We had a lifted/ skidded WK grand cherokee. First kid came and we got a durango. Traded the WK for a crewcab truck for #2 kid. Paid off the durango and wife wanted a 2 door wrangler. So now we have a crewcab truck towmobile, durango mom mobile and 2 door JL funmobile.

We decided when both kids, 2 and 5 could climb into their carseats themselves we would get a 2 door. They still need help buckling but thats easy. They love the jeep. Wife loves it too.

Send carseat questions my way.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks this answered the question perfectly

If you install 3 carseats across make sure the center seat is installed with the middle seatbelt. Do not share latch anchor points between two seats. They are not rated as strong as you think they are. Rigid latch are latch anchors that stick out straight from the seat base at a set width. Not many models with this feature out there.

foonf-Rigid_LATCH.jpg

We had a lifted/ skidded WK grand cherokee. First kid came and we got a durango. Traded the WK for a crewcab truck for #2 kid. Paid off the durango and wife wanted a 2 door wrangler. So now we have a crewcab truck towmobile, durango mom mobile and 2 door JL funmobile.

We decided when both kids, 2 and 5 could climb into their carseats themselves we would get a 2 door. They still need help buckling but thats easy. They love the jeep. Wife loves it too.

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L

foonf-Rigid_LATCH.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up! i couldnt find any results on google so i figure it was just better to not risk it

Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Whats with you people ? This post should get a ton of "likes" ! What, are you all a bunch of freakin jack rabbits ! :facepalm:
Iā€™ve got 5 kids so Iā€™m a little jaded! Haha
Sponsored