Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl unlimited sport s
Looking for like minded jeep owners.
I recently got back into the wrangler after many years, and I'm looking for other people in the area that want help and ideas with their wranglers and for outer beach runs as well as the occasional trip to offroad parks across the country I'm one of those jeep guys that prefers to do the work myself than pay some shop to do it and would love to hang out with other owners with the same mentality " I help you you help me " and just for meet ups and hang outs. Anyone else in the area interested? New and old jeep lovers welcome!
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nassau guy here. Always up for an occasional trip or wrenching party.

Nando

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S Bright White
Nassau guy here too I work in Westbury. First time jeep owner, got it about a week ago

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nassau guy here too I work in Westbury. First time jeep owner, got it about a week ago
Well congratulations ! Welcome to the club ... nay ideas on mods for your JL?

Sponsored

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
Live in Northport, work in Garden City. I spend most weekends out at Smith Point. My Sting Gray Moab JL is my 7th, and my favorite to date.

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Live in Northport, work in Garden City. I spend most weekends out at Smith Point. My Sting Gray Moab JL is my 7th, and my favorite to date.
Very nice have any of you had windshield issues yet ?

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys know the cost and cutoff for the outer beach permit for Smith's point ?

Sponsored

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys know the cost and cutoff for the outer beach permit for Smith's point ?
No windshield issues, but I also just hit 3,000 miles. What windshield issues are you referring to? Every Wrangler I’ve ever owned I plan to replace the windshield all the time.
I believe the outer beach permit is $150 for Suffolk residents. I was out there this past weekend and it was only closed between cut 2-3. You could drive down to 3, then head west back in the direction of 2. So basically just a small spot where the plovers are nesting.

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No windshield issues, but I also just hit 3,000 miles. What windshield issues are you referring to? Every Wrangler I’ve ever owned I plan to replace the windshield all the time.
I believe the outer beach permit is $150 for Suffolk residents. I was out there this past weekend and it was only closed between cut 2-3. You could drive down to 3, then head west back in the direction of 2. So basically just a small spot where the plovers are nesting.
I had my windshield crack with 130 miles on it and took 2 weeks for one to arrive at the dealership for replacement in that time I ended up with 2 additional cracks ... is there a cut off date for purchasing the outer beach permit ? A buddy of mine just picked up a punk'n rubi and we are both interested in getting one

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had my windshield crack with 130 miles on it and took 2 weeks for one to arrive at the dealership for replacement in that time I ended up with 2 additional cracks ... is there a cut off date for purchasing the outer beach permit ? A buddy of mine just picked up a punk'n rubi and we are both interested in getting one
Oh dang! I’m doing well with 3,000 miles then. No cut off, they expire December, 31 of each year. There is a list of gear and some basic info here: https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Parks/Things-To-Do/Outer-Beach-Access

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)