Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl unlimited sport s
Lol thats for the state permit for fishing only at democratic point, gilgo, and sore thumb...
I'm not sure what beaches are opening this year I've heard rumors that they are trucking sand in for sore thumb and gilgo but personally I have yet to see anything new... plus the state permit they are heavily checking equipment before even making it to the beach ... I've heard there are park police at the entrances to help prevent unwanted cars and and subs from getting stuck and blocking the only way in and out. Keep in mind democratic point you have to be there before 7 am to get on ... after that they turn you away.
Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Lol thats for the state permit for fishing only at democratic point, gilgo, and sore thumb...
I'm not sure what beaches are opening this year I've heard rumors that they are trucking sand in for sore thumb and gilgo but personally I have yet to see anything new... plus the state permit they are heavily checking equipment before even making it to the beach ... I've heard there are park police at the entrances to help prevent unwanted cars and and subs from getting stuck and blocking the only way in and out. Keep in mind democratic point you have to be there before 7 am to get on ... after that they turn you away.
Thanks. Iā€™ve never gotten the state permit only the county. We frequent Cupsogue. Havenā€™t been to Gilgo or Sore thumb in years. i hear if youā€™re not actively fishing they kick you out.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom

reedred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willy's
I don't know about Nassau, but I ordered my GreenKey and beach permit for Suffolk online. I called the parks department and they had me email my license and registration to scparks (at) suffolkcountyny.gov to get started.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about Nassau, but I ordered my GreenKey and beach permit for Suffolk online. I called the parks department and they had me email my license and registration to scparks (at) suffolkcountyny.gov to get started.
I actually ordered it yesterday. Online process was fast and easy. $250 fee was a bit surprising but not a deal breaker. Also got the State permit before the deadline for sh**s & giggles. Thanks to everyone who provided info regarding the app process on this forum!

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I ended up getting both permits and read the fine print about the State one, which you pretty much hit the nail on the head about. No chance of Beach off roading and they check for everything. If you could explain what I am able to do with the Suffolk County outer permit it would be appreciated. I live in Nassau and donā€™t know anything about it but belong to a sportsmenā€™s club in Manorville by Gruman so I am out there a lot. What would be the closest beach to that area that I could off road a bit? Nothing crazy for now. Just think it would be cool for my 3 young sons to experience driving on the beach. Do you happen to know of any off group off roading in Suffolk that you or other forum members meet up for once in a while?

Thank you for putting this thread together.

Sincerely,
Alex

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The county permit enables you to go to County beaches. I think you can drive beachside in smiths point. In cupsogue you cannot. You go on the outer beach access road and park and walk down to beach. Itā€™s nice there. I prefer cupsogue to Smithā€™s point. The clientele is a little more party oriented in smithā€™s point in my opinion.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The county permit enables you to go to County beaches. I think you can drive beachside in smiths point. In cupsogue you cannot. You go on the outer beach access road and park and walk down to beach. Itā€™s nice there. I prefer cupsogue to Smithā€™s point. The clientele is a little more party oriented in smithā€™s point in my opinion.
Wow. Thank you. So the only place I can drive beachside with the permit is really smithā€™s point? Honestly driving beachside was my only intention to get the permit.

Thank you in advance to everyone.

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been to Smiths Point a few times. There's a cut that runs through the dunes to get to the jetty , it's sometimes muddy, sometimes sandy but my son enjoyed the ride ( so did I ) alot of groups that are out here charge for you to become a member ( I don't like that ) and have monthly meetings ... personally I'd rather find a group of good people that want to have fun as weekend warriors rather than join a paid group ... thats just my opinion.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been to Smiths Point a few times. There's a cut that runs through the dunes to get to the jetty , it's sometimes muddy, sometimes sandy but my son enjoyed the ride ( so did I ) alot of groups that are out here charge for you to become a member ( I don't like that ) and have monthly meetings ... personally I'd rather find a group of good people that want to have fun as weekend warriors rather than join a paid group ... thats just my opinion.
I agree

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are awesome plates o just upgraded to excelsior plates also

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
Diver down neoprene seat covers and rear seat recline and the free grab handles
Jeep Wrangler JL Suffolk County NY JL group CBE6964C-29D4-410A-BA4C-D35BB6FE179A
Jeep Wrangler JL Suffolk County NY JL group CBE6964C-29D4-410A-BA4C-D35BB6FE179A
How do you like these seat covers? How do they feel in the winter / summer? Do they slide around? Also read in a few posts that they get to hot in the summer - thoughts on that? Thanks!

OP
OP
Dgocin

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like them ... they fit well not perfect but they are comfortable... I got them due to my 8 year old is sometimes messy ... from what I have heard they should be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter
Sponsored