Sudden Stop When Reversing / Tire Pressure

MelaninSahara

First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Wondering if this has happened to anyone and if they can give me some insight: This morning when backing into a parking spot my 2020 JLU Sahara suddenly stopping in reverse. It felt exactly like I’d hit something behind me, I shifted back into drive, moved forward a little then attempted to reverse, just for it to happen again. Then I got an alert about tire pressure, hooped out and my front driver side tire was going flat. 😩😒🤔 Any ideas on why I was brought to a suddenly stop when reversing?
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

big brother has full control of not running your self over

OP
OP

MelaninSahara

First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all, I figured out the issue. My caliper was not secure and damaged my rim when I reversed, causing the tire to loose pressure. I assume the park assist activated and stoped my vehicle as a safety precaution.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks buddy, that a great response. Probably the best place to start before posting to forums.
The part you added at the bottom of your post, had I seen it, would have had me not saying auto park was the issue.. Glad you figured it out.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hi all, I figured out the issue. My caliper was not secure and damaged my rim when I reversed, causing the tire to loose pressure. I assume the park assist activated and stoped my vehicle as a safety precaution.
As far as I know, auto park wouldn't have activated for that. How did a caliper come loose? Any pics? I'd love to see how you lose pressure that way.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Your Jeep probably stopped because the caliper got stuck in the wheel, which is kind of crazy. Who had been working on the brakes?

Your park assist definitely did not do anything to help you.

Last edited:

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I love these random one off posts of some seeming minor incidnet and then some details emerged and its like WTF?!?! Then the OP is never heard from again. Lol

OP
OP

MelaninSahara

First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's more to this Story, loose Caliper ?? How did that happen ?
Soooo here’s the story: A Mechanic friend of mine agreed to add my spacers and paint my calipers. Somehow during this process he did not replace the front driver side caliper bolt.

the car sat over night until the following day when I headed to work. I got all the way to work and proceeded to back into a parking space when my vehicle came to a sudden stop. You guys know that part of the story that followed this.

I called my friend asked him to come check out my tire and that’s when he discovered that the bolt was missing.

basically the loose caliper was getting stuck on the rim when I went in reverse, ultimately puncturing the rim causing my tire to go flat.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MelaninSahara

First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love these random one off posts of some seeming minor incidnet and then some details emerged and its like WTF?!?! Then the OP is never heard from again. Lol
I can see how that happens, I was feeling out and looking for answers. Once the situation was resolved I posted the issue. The back story isn’t really relevant or urgent but I shared anyway.