tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hey Everyone,

I have read a lot of posts about this issue, but just started to experience it myself and was hoping to get some thoughts on it.

I have a 2019 JLU Sahara that is basically stock still. I have put about 17,000kms on it to date, and its driven beautifully the whole time. Now all of a sudden as of Tuesday Morning on my way to work, I started to get a bad wobble/vibration as soon as I hit 108km/h or above, with it being almost unbearable at 120. Nothing changed from Monday, drove to work on the Highway, as I do everyday, and on Monday at speeds of 120km/h, everything was fine. (I am not in 4WD)

Tires are all fine, pressure is even, all the suspension, everything looks fine as well at first glance.

Thoughts? Where should I start?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried rebalancing your wheels and tires? That’s the first thing I’d do.

One of your wheels might have lost a balance weight.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
When you say “basically stock”, do you mean except for wheels and tires?

also that’s not death wobble, not at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
When you say “basically stock”, do you mean except for wheels and tires?

also that’s not death wobble, not at all.
Everything is stock so far except I added rock rails. I bought a new suspension setup for it, but have yet to install. Tires are stock, I haven't found the ones I want yet.

The thing shakes so violently at speeds over 108km/h its hard to not imagine this as a death wobble... or at least the death wobbles brother

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Where do you feel the shaking? Is it a vibration or is it a bouncing feel?

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Where do you feel the shaking? Is it a vibration or is it a bouncing feel?
Feels like its coming from the front wheels/axle area. Steering wheel starts to feel the vibration first, then it starts to shake like you're driving over little speed bumps that dont go away until you slow down

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Feels like its coming from the front wheels/axle area. Steering wheel starts to feel the vibration first, then it starts to shake like you're driving over little speed bumps that dont go away until you slow down
Does it begin from a bump in the road or just at that speed? Can you accelerate past the issue? If it's speed related I would point to wheel balance / rotate first.

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Does it begin from a bump in the road or just at that speed? Can you accelerate past the issue? If it's speed related I would point to wheel balance / rotate first.
It happens at exact same speed, not dependant on a bump in the road. I will def have balance checked again, but it was just checked not even 2000kms ago and was all good.

I haven't tried to accelerate past the issue. It gets pretty freaky at 120 ish, not sure I want to try it haha

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
It happens at exact same speed, not dependant on a bump in the road. I will def have balance checked again, but it was just checked not even 2000kms ago and was all good.

I haven't tried to accelerate past the issue. It gets pretty freaky at 120 ish, not sure I want to try it haha
fair enough! easy to just swap the fronts with the backs if you have the tools at home and see if you notice a difference. could be a change the weights flung off the wheel? I don't know how violent that would make it though,

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
fair enough! easy to just swap the fronts with the backs if you have the tools at home and see if you notice a difference.
Definitely a good idea, I'll start with that this week.
Sponsored