Such a Noob...

rcgait1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW F80 M3, 2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
While installing my Mopar re-inforcement tailgate I pinched the wire that controls the backup camera. Basically not taking my time and properly routing the wires out of the tailgate into the carrier. Now of course the camera is not working and the wire is jacked.

Any estimates on how much this will cost to get fixed?
Sponsored

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I bet it’s not to bad for the wire if you do it yourself. If you pay labor I bet it will be up there if everything has to come apart. I would get a good car audio guy before I went back to the dealer unless you can talk them into warranting it.

OP
OP

rcgait1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet it’s not to bad for the wire if you do it yourself. If you pay labor I bet it will be up there if everything has to come apart. I would get a good car audio guy before I went back to the dealer unless you can talk them into warranting it.
I was thinking the same thing. I will try that route first.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I couldn't tell you honestly.

This will be an easy fix if you can show the audio/video guy where its pinched. (If you have one nearby).In fact, I'm sure you could pay someone who does stereo installs and they can splice and mend it without problem. I'd highly doubt youd have to run all new cables from the console all the way back to the tailgate.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
What everyone else said Rob. And look at the bright side--clearly you are no longer a noob as your thread title implies. You have past the test: screwing something else up while trying to do a mod.;)

OP
OP

rcgait1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, the backup camera ground wire has been fixed by a local audio shop. $40 later I am back on the road with my Mopar tailgate re-enforcement in tow. All is well!
Sponsored