Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question that has been asked a bunch of times. But my Google-fu is failing me and I can't find any information on this topic. Hopefully someone smarter than me knows the answer.

I have the upgraded alpine sound system and it's good enough for me. However, the issue that I'm running into is that I don't like how over-balanced the subwoofer is I like having a sub to round out the low end but it's cranked up too high and it doesn't sound good to me. I don't like the low end to really pound compared to the rest of the range.

I know I can adjust the "equalizer" in the audio settings but I end up dropping out too much of the lower end of the range and it doesn't sound good.

What I'd really like to do is see if I can just turn down the gain on the factory amp for just the subwoofer. That way it will be balanced the way I like.

Is that possible to do or do I need to figure out an alternative?
Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
I have JLUR with 8.4 alpine system. Can't help regarding sub only gain controls.

What I've noticed is the front speakers have a lot more bass than the speaker bar for my kind of music. Try moving the balance forward until you hear the bass coming out of the front speakers then equalize the subwoofer. Your results may vary.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question that has been asked a bunch of times. But my Google-fu is failing me and I can't find any information on this topic. Hopefully someone smarter than me knows the answer.

I have the upgraded alpine sound system and it's good enough for me. However, the issue that I'm running into is that I don't like how over-balanced the subwoofer is I like having a sub to round out the low end but it's cranked up too high and it doesn't sound good to me. I don't like the low end to really pound compared to the rest of the range.

I know I can adjust the "equalizer" in the audio settings but I end up dropping out too much of the lower end of the range and it doesn't sound good.

What I'd really like to do is see if I can just turn down the gain on the factory amp for just the subwoofer. That way it will be balanced the way I like.

Is that possible to do or do I need to figure out an alternative?
Another suggestion - change out the tweeters in front first, and the sound bar second, as the factory tweeters are terrible. You'll get much better high frequency sound that will likely improve the overall sound in the vehicle without touching the sub much.

captainkoz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
i just switched out the dash speakers and it made a big difference, but now I am finding that I am lacking a well rounded sound from the sound bar. That will be my next project. i have seen several options from forums that others have done, I just have to decide which way I want to go and how much work I want to do.

dswolfpack

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT S 80TH ANNIVERSARY
i just switched out the dash speakers and it made a big difference, but now I am finding that I am lacking a well rounded sound from the sound bar. That will be my next project. i have seen several options from forums that others have done, I just have to decide which way I want to go and how much work I want to do.
Do you think you could explain how you did it and what speakers did you use to upgrade?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You could probably swap the 2 ohm x 4 to 4 ohm x2 by wiring the VCs in series for each pair. Then run both amp channels on each load. Would cut output pretty significantly though.
Sponsored