Sponsored

Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Ahh, people who $hit in your corn flakes I ignore, basically most are jealous or have a certain envy.

One neighbor, has a 2009 BMW X1( basically a econo wagon) and paid like almost 40K back when. her husband was telling me what they paid when she got it. Anyhow I was test driving a 2019 Sahara with 2.0 and stopped at my house for a few to look it over( we have a 2018 Sahara for the wife as summer car, with 3.6 and 9 other cars so it rubs them the wrong way since I do Mopars, not BMWs ;) ) Ordered a Rubicon which is now in dry dock in my garage getting rust proofed. Note her hubby had a 2015 911 and sold it at a 60K loss in value. After she insulted me, I reminded her about that LOL nothing like paying 110K and 5 yrs later and 14000 miles eating a 60K $hit sandwhich!

So she is on a pretend walk, has nose trouble. Anyhow stops and announces, are you getting rid of a car? No just test driving a few for the day( freinds with local dealer and they throw me the keys to anything for a day). She looks at the sticker and announces, 47K for one of these? I tell her the price of quality is never cheap, ask her what does she think a truck with solid axles, removable top, a real 4wd system etc costs?? Then I rub it in and tell her to dump her Beamer and get a real SUV, you know one you can take the top off, take off road. One which has the lowest project cost to own over 5yrs.

Anyhow, if people are rude to me I get left handed jabs in.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am lucky. I haven't got any stupid stuff from people. I do get a lot of people at stop lights or where ever I stop tell me nice Jeep, or sweet Jeep or something along that line. Even get wish I had one. I get about 8 to 10 comments like this a week. I have even had 7 in one day.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

y'all get upset with the dumb questions from non jeep owners but my first thought is " Thank God they do not own one and don't go on the 4x4 trails because they probably would trash them" I always reply with smirk and say " re-search before talking trash." thank you and have a great day because i will :jk::like:

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
"Jeeps Leak when you break the roof seal"
"The TRD made it up the dune, but the Jeep couldn't"
"The new Jeep got a 1 star crash rating. I would have thought you did your research"

These were all from the same person. Every time I just roll my eyes and keep my mouth shut.

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah can we just ban those people! Along with the ones who say they have a JL when they actually have a JLU.
Actually, I have been starting to use Jl, JLSa, JLR, JLUSa, JLUSp, JLUR, JLUSx, etc. Does that make me "that guy?" as in "Don't be that guy?" :)

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
To add to the list is anyone saying that a newer jeep than theirs is not a real jeep unless their jeep:
1. Requires someone to get out of it to put it in 4WD or
2. Doors were an option when it was brand new or
3. It arrived in a box

;)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Ahh, people who $hit in your corn flakes I ignore, basically most are jealous or have a certain envy.

One neighbor, has a 2009 BMW X1( basically a econo wagon) and paid like almost 40K back when. her husband was telling me what they paid when she got it. Anyhow I was test driving a 2019 Sahara with 2.0 and stopped at my house for a few to look it over( we have a 2018 Sahara for the wife as summer car, with 3.6 and 9 other cars so it rubs them the wrong way since I do Mopars, not BMWs ;) ) Ordered a Rubicon which is now in dry dock in my garage getting rust proofed. Note her hubby had a 2015 911 and sold it at a 60K loss in value. After she insulted me, I reminded her about that LOL nothing like paying 110K and 5 yrs later and 14000 miles eating a 60K $hit sandwhich!

So she is on a pretend walk, has nose trouble. Anyhow stops and announces, are you getting rid of a car? No just test driving a few for the day( freinds with local dealer and they throw me the keys to anything for a day). She looks at the sticker and announces, 47K for one of these? I tell her the price of quality is never cheap, ask her what does she think a truck with solid axles, removable top, a real 4wd system etc costs?? Then I rub it in and tell her to dump her Beamer and get a real SUV, you know one you can take the top off, take off road. One which has the lowest project cost to own over 5yrs.

Anyhow, if people are rude to me I get left handed jabs in.
BMW: The Ultimate Douchebag's Machine.

Remind me, which one is the X1?

1*uEe9rvbQB8XM6uYWT_6vng.jpg

Also, What do you do to have 9 mopars? That's my goal, but a cornucopia of cars instead of just one brand

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Jeeps Leak when you break the roof seal"
"The TRD made it up the dune, but the Jeep couldn't"
"The new Jeep got a 1 star crash rating. I would have thought you did your research"

These were all from the same person. Every time I just roll my eyes and keep my mouth shut.
thumb_i-dont-always-tolerate-stupid-people-but-when-i-do-11396555.png

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My response to those kinds of ignorant Jeep comments usually end with something like, "And that's why you drive a Vaginamobile."

Mommyvans, Douche Buggies (Prii's and other hybrids), generic sedans, generic crossovers/suvs, econocars, or?

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Any of these comments people say, and I have had them come from my own family (wife)..... I don't think they have actually done any research on Wranglers, especially the newer ones (JL's). All is just heresay. For instance my son-in-law, when they were having a baby said that Jeeps were not safe for babies, my wife was included in this talk, and they mentioned tipping over.......I just rolled my eyes. But Jeep wranglers have all the baby safety gadgets that all new cars have, car seat hooks, head ties, etc.... And, how many jeeps do you see in wrecks? In my experience, I have yet to see a jeep in a car wreck along the highway, although I see many Wranglers on the road now. Just my opinion, I DID NOT SAY jeeps don't get into wrecks!!! All I am saying is proportionately, in my opinion, you see less jeeps in car wrecks than other makes and models.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any of these comments people say, and I have had them come from my own family (wife)..... I don't think they have actually done any research on Wranglers, especially the newer ones (JL's). All is just heresay. For instance my son-in-law, when they were having a baby said that Jeeps were not safe for babies, my wife was included in this talk, and they mentioned tipping over.......I just rolled my eyes. But Jeep wranglers have all the baby safety gadgets that all new cars have, car seat hooks, head ties, etc.... And, how many jeeps do you see in wrecks? In my experience, I have yet to see a jeep in a car wreck along the highway, although I see many Wranglers on the road now. Just my opinion, I DID NOT SAY jeeps don't get into wrecks!!! All I am saying is proportionately, in my opinion, you see less jeeps in car wrecks than other makes and models.
Remember, this isn't the 80s anymore, they're not gonna tip unless you're an idiot

As far as safety...

GeneralThinHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

Always a Steel Bumper

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
When first got the JL couple of friends said "oh you got the Jeep Ribicon?".
I would reply no it's the Sahara.
Theyd be confused, "so not a wrangler?"
:headbang:
People assuming unless it's a Rubicon it's not a wrangler.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When first got the JL couple of friends said "oh you got the Jeep Ribicon?".
I would reply no it's the Sahara.
Theyd be confused, "so not a wrangler?"
:headbang:
People assuming unless it's a Rubicon it's not a wrangler.
Sounds like my Mom, though considering she's not a car person at all, it's forgivable
Sponsored