Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Hmm, so am I weird for talking to my Grey Fox? I almost always say "how are you doing today?" And pat the fender flares:like:
Damn, I do the same thing. Of course I have also been patting my 99 Suburban on the dose daily for the past 20 years so it's nothing new. I yam what I yam!
Sponsored

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)
I had a work supervisor once say ā€œyou sure? You kinda a big boy, you sure you gonna fit.... but I get it youā€˜re kinda a redneckā€. For the record Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and about 195lbs.... Very professional white collar job to boot. WTH?
Didnā€™t really know how to respond to that so I just walked away.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I had a work supervisor once say ā€œyou sure? You kinda a big boy, you sure you gonna fit.... but I get it youā€˜re kinda a redneckā€. For the record Iā€™m 5ā€™11ā€ and about 195lbs.... Very professional white collar job to boot. WTH?
With a 2 week notice

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Iā€™m a bit annoyed this morning with some of the stupid things that come out of the mouths of non-Wrangler owners.

It usually starts with, ā€œoh I love your Jeep and have always wanted one.ā€ Then it goes downhill with the stupidity...

So a co-worker of mine said, ā€œI heard they are prone to tipping over during normal driving conditions.ā€ I had to ask her what damn decade she is living in considering that hasnā€™t been an issue since the days of the YJ...just ignorant, but she wants one.

Then she doubled down and said they arenā€™t fast, to which I responded, ā€œitā€™s not a fucking Hellcat.ā€ Iā€™m sure she wonā€™t be concerned about speed when she gets stuck somewhere in that rear-wheel drive BMW 328i she currently drives and needs the assistance of one of us in our ā€œslowā€ Wranglers.
Idiots can only annoy you if you let them.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I'm 62, been driving for 45+ years, and my Jeep Wrangler 2-door is the only vehicle I've ever owned or driven that makes me smile every time I get into it . . . Every Damn Time!
Me too, and I was born in 1939. You do the math!

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
That sounds like a discrimination claim on a couple grounds.....

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@COJLGirl,

This comparison (below) from @Rogues Gambit says it all. How can anyone driving an imitation of an egg complain or say anything derogatory about a Wrangler?

There are not many of these vehicles you can pick out of a lineup. They all look, feel, drive, smell, and probably taste the same.

If this chart were missing the titles of each make or model next to it, could you then name any of them? Perhaps a few but not many. They're all nearly identically the same.

It's as if every car company asked their engineers to sit down at a computer screen and calculate the most aerodynamic (butt-ugly) car possible. Each and every one is the oblong ugly, fuggly egg.

No thanks. My Wrangler stands out, over and above this runny egg salad soup. Definitely anything but tasty (yuk).

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say eggSaladSou

I much prefer my Wrangler (at home):

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say IMG_20200605_180738

Or out and about:

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say InShot_20200915_223133135

Let the egg beaters say all the stupid things they want. I'll let them eat my lunch all day, everyday and twice on Sunday. That is if they can even try to follow along to one of my many favorite wilderness picnic spots.

Jay

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
About the Honda/Toyota issue: Jeep has made some pretty lame vehicles too, but we don't judge the Wrangler by the crappy Jeeps. This is the same with all auto manufactures (except for maybe Koenigsegg, Arial, Lotus etc.).

I can't see anyone dreaming about a 2007 Patriot unless it's a nightmare.
the difference is count how many Type R Civics or the Toyota, Supra that you see out driving everyday. Then count how many wranglers you see. Jeep makes and sells a shit load of wranglers and you see them everywhere. In the mountains, at the beach, in the woods, on the dunes, in dam near every grocery store parking lot.....they are everywhere. Not so much for the fun Honda or fun Toyota.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
And sure Honda and Toyota makes 4x4 vehicles. I wheel all over the US, and for every Toyota or Honda that I see on the trail, no matter what type of trail, I see hundreds more Jeeps. That also includes Chevys and fords too.

For every 25 year old Toyota or ford bronco you see wheeling, there will be a thousand more 25 year old jeeps wheeling than a 25 year old Toyota or Ford.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
And sure Honda and Toyota makes 4x4 vehicles. I wheel all over the US, and for every Toyota or Honda that I see on the trail, no matter what type of trail, I see hundreds more Jeeps. That also includes Chevys and fords too.

For every 25 year old Toyota or ford bronco you see wheeling, there will be a thousand more 25 year old jeeps wheeling than a 25 year old Toyota or Ford.
Was on a trail yesterday: 4 side-by-sides, 2 Fords, 1 Chevy, 1 Dodge, and too many Jeeps and Toyotas to count.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I'm sure there are plenty of people dreaming about riding in a Supra MK4 and NSX rather than a throwaway Wrangler. Plenty of people will also put $12k+ into them for fun.
You are aware that the Supra MK4 and NSX are not plentiful like a wrangler. Most people have never saw one in real life....unlike a wrangler.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
You are aware that the Supra MK4 and NSX are not plentiful like a wrangler. Most people have never saw one in real life....unlike a wrangler.
So you're saying that yes, people DO buy Toyotas and Honda for fun and have great memories in them.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Since old or modified Toyotas and Hondas are apparently not allowed, here are some new ones that some people might find desirable.
No, those are ALL boring, nobody buys those, and Wranglers are the only fun object in the universe. lol

I'm beginning to think this thread has become, "Stupid things Wrangler owners say" unfortunately.