Sponsored

Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I am with you. Kids still there when you get home. Cool. People worry way to much. I am thinking the parents that worry about kids in a topless doorless Jeep are not the parents that had their kids riding dirt bikes at age three, shooting pistols at four, driving farm tractors at five and mowing grass with a riding mower at seven..
Those are the kind of parents that hover over their children 24/7 and wonder why at 15 they can't handle the stress of school and at 30 still live with mommy and daddy.
Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
You don't take that out in the woods do you?

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
And because a Jeep owner is less likely to fling their door open and chip my paint.
Jeep owners know that in order to chip the paint on another jeep you have to get through Tires, Wheels, Steel Bumpers, and rock sliders in most cases. Those jeeps already proudly where their off road battle scares but the drivers want other Jeepers to earn theirs the right way.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
I'm 62, been driving for 45+ years, and my Jeep Wrangler 2-door is the only vehicle I've ever owned or driven that makes me smile every time I get into it . . . Every Damn Time!
That's the feeling you get when you bought the right vehicle. I've had a few like that over the years as well. 2000 Honda VFR800, 2016 Mustang GT, 2020 JLU.

When I get a new vehicle I spend months trying to find the one that will bring out that feeling every day. Who wants to drive boring vehicle?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That's the feeling you get when you bought the right vehicle. I've had a few like that over the years as well. 2000 Honda VFR800, 2016 Mustang GT, 2020 JLU.

When I get a new vehicle I spend months trying to find the one that will bring out that feeling every day. Who wants to drive boring vehicle?
Who wants to drive boring vehicles? Honda and Toyota owners.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
And let's face it, who else but another Jeep owner would put a "Little Rubber Ducky" somewhere on your Jeep. :)

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You're not thinking of the right Hondas or Toyotas.
Sure every manufacturer makes a wow vehicle. That is not the vehicle the masses are buying. Sure Honda has the Type R....that gets it butt handed to it by a Ford Focus......

Honda Accord, and Toyota Camry... yawn. Honda and Toyota has not built a great fun car in a long time. There is not one that they build now that would make me turn around and look at it as I walked away.

I also realize that anything can be modded. Speed after all is just a display of how much cash you are willing to put in a vehicle.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota and Honda have lost much of their past luster, no doubt.

Personally, I have a hard time finding a Toyota product that turns my crank. I gave Tacoma a try and was out of there in six months. My main issues were a weak motor, a stubborn transmission, and an uncomfortable driver seat. But it was really well put together, and it took me only 1 week to sell it; I got most my money back.

Toyota is still one of the best-run automakers; it remains the world's most valuable auto brand, as it’s been for the past 20+ years. Toyota —and Lexus— dealers are the most profitable franchises, and NADA (National Auto Dealers Association) publishes an independent annual study that shows Toyota and Lexus have the happiest dealers. Of the Top-10 vehicles with the strongest resale, half are Toyotas. And Toyota, along with Honda and Subaru, report the highest levels of customer retention.

The secret to Toyota’s sauce is that they know (1) what the majority of buyers want, (2) how to deliver good value for money, (3) how to keep customers coming back over and over.

Meanwhile, FCA is going through its nth merger...acquisition...takeover...or whatever they think they need to call it.

Last edited:

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Toyota and Honda have lost much of their past luster, no doubt.

Personally, I have a hard time finding a Toyota product that turns my crank. I gave Tacoma a try and was out of there in six months. My main issues were a weak motor, a stubborn transmission, and an uncomfortable driver seat. But it took me only 1 week to sell it and I recovered most my money back.

Nevertheless, Toyota is still one of the best-run automakers; it remains the world's most valuable auto brand, as it’s been for the past 20+ years. Toyota —and Lexus— dealers are the most profitable franchises, and NADA (National Auto Dealers Association) publishes an annual independent study that shows Toyota and Lexus have the most satisfied dealers. Of the Top-10 vehicles with strongest resale value, half are Toyotas. And Toyota, along with Honda and Subaru, report the highest levels of customer retention.

The secret to Toyota’s sauce is that they know (1) what the majority of buyers want, (2) how to deliver good value for money, (3) how to keep customers coming back over and over.

Meanwhile, FCA is going through its nth merger...acquisition...takeover...or whatever they think they need to call it.
Yea, people flock to buy their insipid appliances. Cars with personality are not as common nowadays.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, people flock to buy their insipid appliances. Cars with personality are not as common nowadays.
The problem with a car with “personality” is that, when it comes to Italian-manufacture at least, most of that personality is temperamental... :LOL:

I own a Fiat 124 Spider: it is a sexy-looking little car with a great sound, a spunky motor and loads of “personality.” But truth be told, the reason I bought it was because of the reassurance I got from the car being built by Mazda in Japan.

Davesnhere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 6 speed manual...
It's probably unavoidable, considering how long Jeeps have been around. There's some version out there that represents the faults people have heard.

This is my first Wrangler, and I was expecting a cold, loud, rough ride with a sluggish engine, bad gas milage, a high center of gravity, a frustrating soft top and a clutch pedal that needed two hundred pounds of force.

I got a m/t that shifts like a Honda, an engine and road noise that was unexpectedly quiet, with plenty of grunt (in the right gear), and I'm averaging 24mpg. It has the hottest and quickest to warm up heater I've ever used, a smooth ride with cornering as good as any SUV I've had, and a soft top that's simple to operate. Basically, none of the issues that I was prepared for.

That's not to say this generation is without fault... But none of the more common misconceptions, from what I can tell. I could see the rampant steering problems from this generation making its way into the snowball of Jeep lore. Nothing's perfect I suppose.
My thoughts exactly!!!

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
That their 4x4 truck has as much ground clearance as my Jeep, as though that makes it as capable offroad. :giggle:

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Subaru BRZ, 2010 Toyota FJ, 2001 Honda S2000
Uhh, they‘re not mainstream, but if you think Toyota and Honda can’t make a fun vehicle, you haven’t driven an 86, or from back in the day, an S2000. Some of the most fun one can have on 4 wheels.
Sponsored