Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Ugh... making it way too easy to go off topic... “... and i have my top off with the heat blasting..”.
And i dont care that this thread may have had something to do with the Wranglers top once upon a time. I have an active imagination HAHAHAHA!
Glad to see I wasn't the first to joke about it

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I mainly rip on the 4 door in good fun, but you're simply not living in reality if you think the JLU can follow a JL. Sure you can lift your minivan and put 38s on it making it plenty capable. But stock, in the same trims, the JLU gets hung up much sooner than the JL. There are some circumstances where the longer wheelbase helps. Moab, with the extreme angles you can reach on the sticky rocks, immediately comes to mind. Other times there might be moguls that are right at 93 inches apart, because a lot of these trails were cut and primarily ran by CJs and TJs for years. But with the extra 3-3.5 inches in the JL it's not much of an issue and I'm finding more and more that the holes are now at 116 inches. The reality, at least for where I live and wheel, the JL is far superior off the road in 99.9% of situations. There has only been one time where I had thought a 4 door would have been a better choice and that was in Moab, and even that was only going up one particular rock face. I felt I was risking rolling back on my lid where the 4 doors didn't have quite the same thrill. But, everywhere else on the trail I'd hear those 4 doors bouncing their bellies off of ledges that I walked over without touching. The simple fact is that the JLU is a compromise of offroad performance, space, and capacity, while the JL is highly focused on offroad performance, specifically rock crawling.

You know what they say about opinions...
I'll take the extra room, and extra capability any day. There is a reason why you see so many JLU's...and I think your not living in reality if you honestly believe a 4 door cannot follow a 2 door.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I’ve gotta say yes the two door can do somethings the four door can’t, but then again the four door can do things a two door can’t. I’m sure there are a lot of instances two door rolling that with just a little long wheel base there would’ve been a different outcome. Not to mention some people need the extra do. I would not nearly take my Jeep out as much as I do if I had to get my 1 year old in and out of his rear facing car seat in a two door. For what they are they are the same vehicale and keep up with one another perfectly fine on the trail. Back on the topic for anyone who says they are slow needs to go test drive the 2.0l turbo! Mine has 38’s and it still faster then some suvs if I need it to be
You took the bait.

Sponsored

Roz

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport, 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I am a newer Wrangler owner. Have always been a fan of Jeep vehicles, still have a 13 Grand Cherokee but seriously my sweet little JL gets looks! The only negative comment someone gave me when I was a day away from delivery was “you won’t like the bumpy ride and it will be noisy”. This was a co-worker. I very nicely replied “well, good thing I like the wind in my hair and I like to go off road, otherwise you’re probably right!”

I just LOVE my little sport! And i have had some nice vehicles in my past but this one - it is everything I love - beachgoer, quick top down and fun! Jeep Wrangler fan for life. And the little turbo engine is swift!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
same here.
yes, well I am glad folks hated on em, allowed me to get them cheap, and so satisfying when getting into some stop light impromptu races and watching them get pissed as they are left in the dust, they figured it out when they see the Turbo High Output badge on the hatch and on one I had the Stage 1 badge on the back, SRT4 folks knew what it was though.

now cant buy a race in my SRT, although get many smiles and thumbs up.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I’ve gotta say yes the two door can do somethings the four door can’t, but then again the four door can do things a two door can’t. I’m sure there are a lot of instances two door rolling that with just a little long wheel base there would’ve been a different outcome. Not to mention some people need the extra do. I would not nearly take my Jeep out as much as I do if I had to get my 1 year old in and out of his rear facing car seat in a two door. For what they are they are the same vehicale and keep up with one another perfectly fine on the trail. Back on the topic for anyone who says they are slow needs to go test drive the 2.0l turbo! Mine has 38’s and it still faster then some suvs if I need it to be
Only thing a 2 door can do that a 4 door cant is....absolutely nothing. Nada

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Wifes friend stops by today and says " you know I really love your green jeep, but two !? Isnt that overkill ? Arent you embarrassed to have 2 of those things in your driveway ? " My wife was pissed ...not sure how to spell jealous .... ..the driveway never looked so good.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
While I don't agree with "embarrassed" I do sorta get it and think it's "weird" to me. I always find it strange when families with multiple vehicles have ones that are very similar. Like two sedans, or two similar SUVs, so having two Wranglers (especially if they're both 4 door or 2 door) is weird to me. I don't know why but it seems like "okay I got a vehicle that does x well, I should get one that does y well now" makes sense to me. That's why I have a Jeep, a Prius, and a motorcycle. One for rocks, one for economy, one for go fast. But, seriously, you do you. Just because it's strange to me doesn't mean it's wrong.
There was a time when we had 2 Subaru Outbacks for many years. They are the perfect vehicle for this part of the country. That didnt seem weird to anyone. Now the Wrangler starts to catch my eye , and it too, fits Vermont nicely. We both,my wife and I , love them , and we are individuals who do our own thing. I dont have 2 jeeps . I have a jeep and a motorcycle and my wife has a jeep. I understand where you are going but the jeep is a fantastic vehicle, that fits both our needs, for everyday usage . No malls ,no rocks, just hilly snowy ,muddy roads , that have to be dealt with once in a while . The rest ,just the shear pleasure of having our own jeeps.;)

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It's kind of annoying but a LOT of woman are always offering to give me there H1 or H2??

They're always yelling at me:

"Nice Jeep!! Want a hummer?!"

....wierd.
What do dudes yelling that to you? Must have a girly jeep.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
While I don't agree with "embarrassed" I do sorta get it and think it's "weird" to me. I always find it strange when families with multiple vehicles have ones that are very similar. Like two sedans, or two similar SUVs, so having two Wranglers (especially if they're both 4 door or 2 door) is weird to me. I don't know why but it seems like "okay I got a vehicle that does x well, I should get one that does y well now" makes sense to me. That's why I have a Jeep, a Prius, and a motorcycle. One for rocks, one for economy, one for go fast. But, seriously, you do you. Just because it's strange to me doesn't mean it's wrong.

This comment should be the first one in the “stupid things Wrangler owners say” thread. My vehicle is mine, my wife’s hers, etc. if she wants to drive the same vehicle, that’s up to her. But wait! Did you actually admit to owning a Prius??

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I get this from time to time - "why did you buy a fully decked out Rubicon if your not going to go rock crawling with it?"

My reply: "why did you buy a fully decked out Porshe/Corvette/Fast and Furious Honda Civic if you ain't taking it to the track and racing it?"

There response: **crickets**
What you have to take that thing off road, it’s soo much fun and a great time adventuring with friends/family.. this in no way a troll or judging, it legit one of the best ways to spend a Sunday afternoon..
Sponsored

Last edited: