Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
ME. "I love push button start."
Salesman: "Wranglers will never have a push button start.... Its a JEEP!"
....salesman literally hold the key fob, jl door open, i can see the push button start....
ME "this one must be a fluke then!"

Bye felicia.
Sponsored

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport
I was at the dealership picking up a JL that I ordered. This was on 2/19/18 and the manufactures rep was there with two JL training the salesmen. This is a fairly large dealership. They seem behind the eight ball as far as educating their salesmen. I cant imagine when the small dealerships are getting training.

However, if I was a salesmen, I would do my own research and know my product.

SW777

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2509 Duramax
I was at the dealership picking up a JL that I ordered. This was on 2/19/18 and the manufactures rep was there with two JL training the salesmen. This is a fairly large dealership. They seem behind the eight ball as far as educating their salesmen. I cant imagine when the small dealerships are getting training.

However, if I was a salesmen, I would do my own research and know my product.
Agreed with them doing own research. Your job is to sell vehicles why would you not think that is an important qualifier is being a subject matter expert on them. Duh!!!

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Agreed with them doing own research. Your job is to sell vehicles why would you not think that is an important qualifier is being a subject matter expert on them. Duh!!!
Probably because their job performance isn't evaluated one iota by how well they know the product, just how many sales they make and the profit on said sales.

SW777

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2509 Duramax
Probably because their job performance isn't evaluated one iota by how well they know the product, just how many sales they make and the profit on said sales.
You are correct. It just seems like common sense. Have some pride in what you do. Or don’t. I guess they don’t.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Jesus...I know they're less than 20% take rate...but....just dang.
Which is still probably the highest take rate of any current vehicle.

Went to test drive a 6 speed Tacoma and he told me they didn't make them anymore, before I made him get on the inventory computer and realize there were two on his lot...

Don't mistake car salesmen for the brightest.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
You are correct. It just seems like common sense. Have some pride in what you do. Or don’t. I guess they don’t.
Don't blame the player, blame the game. If you're a salesperson that spends your time researching vehicle configs and ordering minutia, you're going to lose sales to your colleague who spends his day cold-calling clients.

At auto dealerships that don't award commission (the old Saturn dealerships, Carmax, etc), the salespeople are usually quite knowledgeable. I've found the internet salespeople to generally be good, since they operate on volume, not trying to dupe random customers on the lot.

jumpchic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FLSTF
After asking for a price, and getting invoice (even though I have Affiliate Rewards), I asked the salesperson if they would go any lower than invoice. This salesperson from Gainesville proceeded to school me on how there is no way for them to sell a vehicle for less than they are paying for it. They just can't go through the process of ordering a JL to then go into the negative on it.
:like:

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Now my funny story :)
I have put my Mustang for sale on Kijiji, some kind of Canadian Craig’s list, to try and get more money than what the dealer is giving me for my trade in.
The other day I get a message from a local Jeep dealer salesman, saying that they’re looking for used cars, and he’s interested in mine, offering to come see their inventory of new and used cars.
I told him I already have placed an order on a JL, and thanked him for his offer.
Then he answers saying to come check their JLs in inventory, and asked if I’d buy from em if they were to give me a better deal on the JL, and on my mustang.
I told him I ordered because I want a manual, and NO ONE around has one in stock, and that my dealer sold me for invoice pricing (friend of a friend), but that if was to consider beating that price, and if he had a manual in stock I’d be all ears.
No answer.
Sent a « ? » message.
No answer.
Then emailed him a « That’s what I thought ! »
No answer either lol

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Yesterday, I stopped by my local Jeep dealership to see what they had on their lot. They had two JL's and a bunch of JK's. After asking one of the salesman about the JL's, he said he didn't know that much about them, so I asked him if he had a brochure for the new Wrangler. He went into the showroom and came back out with a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK brochure. Oh well. :facepalm:

Sponsored

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by multiple local (high volume) dealerships that NO ONE would be getting below MSRP for a long, long time :facepalm:
I had some jokers in Sacramento adding $5k to the MSRP. He said everyone’s doing it and that I won’t find anything better. Also said I was lucky I wasn’t in the market for a Demon...they added $15k to that.
It’ll be my first stop after picking up my JL Rubi that I got for $4500 BELOW MSRP.

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyone would like to know where you can get it at 6% below.... Do tell.
Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID is where I’m getting mine for $4500 under. Close competition was Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID (they even offered to add the life time drivetrain warranty for free) and Jim Marsh in Vegas. I already sold all my vehicles and Dave Smith had what I wanted arriving sooner. Dave Smith also has a shipping connection, mich cheaper and they do it a lot.

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Dillons is about 8% under invoice. Have to finance with them though.

IMG_7365.jpg
I have an identical peice of paper from them. Financing through them was an additional $1000 off. Minimum of 6 payments and you can switch lenders, the sales person said their interest rate was high

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
This isn't exactly a "dealer said" thing, but I stopped by Hendrick Jeep in Charleston, SC today. Saw that they had a Sport with the tubular side steps and wanted to see one in person. They look good and I will most def order a set.

I took a look at the window sticker and the dealer add-on sticker and I couldn't believe it:

SVzuPsP4SPuJsV4offWJ%g.jpg R4oNzZK+Qou0BCICjaV2xQ.jpg fullsizeoutput_8a73.jpeg fullsizeoutput_8a74.jpeg fullsizeoutput_8a79.jpeg

$850 for a something that MOPAR sells for $445!

https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/11341509/280294537

fullsizeoutput_8a75.jpeg

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
During discussion about the trade-in value my salesperson explained the low value was because it's wintertime and everybody knows folks want wranglers in the summer so they can ride around with the top off!!!!
Sponsored