Sponsored

Stupid Things Dealers and their Sales People have said about the Wrangler

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have a salesman that I have bought several vehicles from.

Time to time, I talk to him and ask him about new features and options in the hopper and he tells me "I don't know, you know more about these vehicles than I do."

When I tell him he should, since he sells them, he tells me he doesn't need to know the things I do to sell them.
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Went to Genesis dealership (don’t ask lol) with my cousin in LI, NY, and that guy he talked to told him it’s almost impossible to do factory ordere with them, and if you do so it takes about a year to get the car, and you have to put like 66% down to order it lol
I told my cousin to find another dealer lol

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Had such a bad experience at the first dealership I went to when I was just beginning my research into purchasing a jeep. The list of issues I had there could go on, but one of the dumbest things I was told is that a hardtop is louder and has more wind noise than a soft top... What??

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Went to Genesis dealership (don’t ask lol) with my cousin in LI, NY, and that guy he talked to told him it’s almost impossible to do factory ordere with them, and if you do so it takes about a year to get the car, and you have to put like 66% down to order it lol
I told my cousin to find another dealer lol
That may not be inaccurate.

For example, unlike virtually all other automakers, Toyota will not allow dealerships to custom order a customer vehicle.

The dealership can request a vehicle configured a certain way be built, but ultimately Toyota decides if they want to.

Their system is simply not setup to build vehicles to order; instead they build vehicles configured the way management believes they will sell, regardless of what the dealership thinks or in fact what the customer has decided they want.

It sounds strange, but it's the way Toyota has done things for decades.

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
When getting my really wide wheels put on “your gonna need to get some wider flares now”

Sponsored

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

In fairness, torx is a pretty weird tool not many people are familiar with, so the dealer was only 75% misinformed instead of 100% bonkers.
Dealer trying to sell me a 2018 JK over a 2018 JL “ there’s really no difference other then paint colors

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When getting my really wide wheels put on “your gonna need to get some wider flares now”
That’s legal in your state?

Vehicle code in most (all?) states requires the tires to covered, they cannot stick out past fenders or flares.

Last edited:

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I have a salesman that I have bought several vehicles from.

Time to time, I talk to him and ask him about new features and options in the hopper and he tells me "I don't know, you know more about these vehicles than I do."

When I tell him he should, since he sells them, he tells me he doesn't need to know the things I do to sell them.
That seems to be extremely accurate. Which is stupid but whatever.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

oh man the experience's i had when researching getting my first wrangler was unreal. went to 5 dealer's in so cal. called one in Bakersfield wa told i will never find better than they offer and to drive up 3 hrs to look at a jeep that was over priced. i laughed so hard. and after i got my jeep out of state the salesmen finally calls and go's we take that the offer you offered if your still interested. I laughed at hmi and told him i was currently wheeling my brand new jeep i got from out of state. I was then hung up on. lol i also have a great terrible review about Moss brothers JCR on google too. sad because i used to go to car shows back in the day monthly with the Main sales manager. sadly he wasnt there when i was "test driving" the jeep i liked. sucks for them!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That seems to be extremely accurate. Which is stupid but whatever.
Yeah that’s be like going to an open house and the realtor just says “okay everyone, I don’t know shit about this place but it’s a house! Want to buy it?!”

LoL

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Yeah that’s be like going to an open house and the realtor just says “okay everyone, I don’t know shit about this place but it’s a house! Want to buy it?!”

LoL
lol yes.

I work in software and we partner up with other vendors. Sometimes we're doing dual installs with a customer on the line and the OTHER vendor asks ME if theyre configuring THEIR software correctly.

Like dude...how should I know? why would I know? why do I have to do YOUR job? why dont YOU know YOUR job? And why why why why are you making us look like morons in front of the customer?

But in terms of dealerships, it amazed me how much inaccurate information I was given. Many times during my ordering process I wanted to tell them I have a whole list of forum members that could do their job 1000x better.
Sponsored