Sponsored

Stupid Things Dealers and their Sales People have said about the Wrangler

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
"Are you sure you want a JL Rubicon they have Select Trac" I was like
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My local dealer just told me the JL was available to order, and then gave me list of jk colors. Lol.
And now he’s arguing with me about it. You would think he’d do a little research before telling me I’m wrong. I should just play along and have him order me a purple JL.

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Tested out a sunrider top on a JK when they first came out:

Salesman: "yea I have no idea how to do the top so I cant demo it for you"
Me: "I am pretty sure I can figure it out in about 5 seconds man"
SM: "I cant let you touch it otherwise it will void the Jeeps warranty"
Me: "seriously?...ok then I wont touch it, just look at these levers right here above the door, just push those down and I bet it will..."
SM: "no those are hard top clips for when you put the hard top over the soft top"

foofykid

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Tj
Vehicle Showcase
So i get 1% below dealer invoice, is that different than MSRP?

Sponsored

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Tacoma, 04 Sienna, 06 Suzuki Boulevard
Occupation
Healthcare
I posted this on another thread but I figure it should be here too.

I was driving by a Napeltons Jeep dealer yesterday and decided to stop by and see if any JL's were on the lot.
Why did I even bother.
First salesman had no idea what a JL Wrangler was. He directs me to another sales guy, maybe a senior sales guy and he pulls out the JL brochure and shows me it. He then states that there are no more 2018 JL orders and they will only be ordering for 2019's. WTF????
Either he's a total buffoon or he was being a typical lying, slime-ball car salesman trying to steer me towards the JK's on the lot. Regardless, that idiotic dealership will NEVER get my business.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer I went into said I should just buy the fully loaded Sahara because if I order my Rubicon it could be "months and months" he went on to say that thousands of people who ordered Jeeps over the last couple years never got their Jeep built. I said never?! so if I order late in 2018 Jeep just won't build me a Jeep at all, like they will not just build me a 2019? He said "well I do not know how that will work" SMH!
After I asked him about the Ocean Blue availability he said he was not sure what colors were going to be made this year. I told him I knew, and I listed them all off by memory. He then said I probably knew more about the new Jeep then anybody else there. That was about the only accurate thing he said the whole time.

Sorry if I am going to drop close to $50k I am getting exactly what I want.

Phillyfisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Jeep coming soon
God bless each and everyone of you that actually take the time to listen to the misinformation being spewed by salesmen. This is gonna be a great thread to follow!

My patience for that sort of thing has long past. I’ll visit once for a test drive and tell the them I’m not buying today. After that it is an email blast at the end of the month to see who needs to move cars to weed out the best deal. I’ll walk in, sign papers and the deal is done. On the JL, this will likely mean a special order, but I’m ok with that.

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Good deal for sure. But their doc fee is about 2% of invoice.
You could take the their deal then refi I just redid my financing through rate genius the doc fee was 17 dollars and my rate is down to 2.59% for 60 months

That's damn good. It's about 5.5% after that doc fee though. Which is still amazing.

Both of these are contingent on their financing, which I heard is a minimum of 4% APR. That'll add up for a $45k car over 5 years. Yikes.
Sponsored