Sponsored

Stupid Things Dealers and their Sales People have said about the Wrangler

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
When our Sport arrived at the dealer I went to check it out. One of the salesmen came out and honestly said
“It’s pretty cool how they’ve moved the clutch up to under the gear shift knob..........”
Silence from me for a few seconds until I pointed out there is still a 3rd pedal for manuals and what he was referring to was the reverse interlock ring.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Was told 37's would fit stock....which is sorta true....depending on your offset and whether you're willing to cut and remove some things.
They will a Rubicon if mall crawling.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
When our Sport arrived at the dealer I went to check it out. One of the salesmen came out and honestly said
“It’s pretty cool how they’ve moved the clutch up to under the gear shift knob..........”
Silence from me for a few seconds until I pointed out there is still a 3rd pedal for manuals and what he was referring to was the reverse interlock ring.
Wow... :asshat:

Sponsored

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
Got the oil changed today, asked if there were any updates on the steering issues and the rep said "what steering issues, I haven't heard of any". :( .
I keep the tire pressure at 33 cold so I knew it would be high when I got it. Saw the tech as she was parking it, she said she set it to 36, sensor would reset after a couple miles. Well her gauge is off or she can't read, she put 47 psi in the tires. Didn't include the spare in the rotation like I asked either, went back to let the rep know the pressure was way off. She offered to have it fixed but I told her I'd do it so I'd know it was done correctly, since I have a calibrated gauge for my road race bikes, not a pencil gauge like the tech was using.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Went in and drove a Rubicon, stock then text the salesman to schedule a test on a Sport S they had on the lot that had 2" Mopar lift and 35" tires. His response to my inquiry was I will have to see if I can get it approved...."they all drive the same"..... really.....

theox05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former:18 JLUR, 18 BMW M4, 981 GT4 Now: 21 JLUR XR
So I gotta say, my experience at the dealer was quick and easy. I didn't ask a lot of questions because I had done some fairly extensive research on the vehicle beforehand and knew exactly which Jeep on the lot I wanted. Was in and out with a Jeep in 90 min.

However, and hopefully I don't catch a lot of grief for recommending another brand, my experiences with BMW have been off the charts awesome. From the facilities to the knowledge level of the salesman, they are head and shoulders over Toyota, Lexus, and Jeep. Just one story: I wanted my car tinted and the dealer was kinda far away from my work. I just *mentioned* that, and they were all "No problem sir, we'll come and pick it up and leave you a loaner." Imagine my surprise when they showed up in a tricked out X5 for my loaner. Great service, really treat you like a VIP.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Got the oil changed today, asked if there were any updates on the steering issues and the rep said "what steering issues, I haven't heard of any". :( .
I keep the tire pressure at 33 cold so I knew it would be high when I got it. Saw the tech as she was parking it, she said she set it to 36, sensor would reset after a couple miles. Well her gauge is off or she can't read, she put 47 psi in the tires. Didn't include the spare in the rotation like I asked either, went back to let the rep know the pressure was way off. She offered to have it fixed but I told her I'd do it so I'd know it was done correctly, since I have a calibrated gauge for my road race bikes, not a pencil gauge like the tech was using.
Any trusting of any dealer will soon teach one .

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
"We even filled your tank though we're not suppose to do that!" My response: really, the 25+ cars (even used) I've bought from dealers come with a full tank much less one that MSRPs over $40k.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
"We even filled your tank though we're not suppose to do that!" My response: really, the 25+ cars (even used) I've bought from dealers come with a full tank much less one that MSRPs over $40k.
Believe it or not, a full tank of gas is seriously an "extra."

You have to get it thrown into the deal when purchasing a Porsche 911, too.

Brian_j82

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I had a dealer (not who I purchased from) try to explain that I could get the 4cyl engine with a manual (if I ordered it). Ummmm no

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
at one dealer, i test drove a 19 unlimited sport s. the girl told me that i have to order the side steps because the wrangler sits very high. when she showed me the $700 price tag, she said this is the only steps that fits this jeep. just another reason to leave that dealership.
Sponsored