It started with jjirish's nails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I think this is the real answer. There is no reason (other than cost cutting through using the same switch) that these have to be "pull" switches. The idea behind that style was for door-mounted switches that one could lean on and inadvertently shut the window on themself. It would be almost impossible to "lean" on these, and if you did, it is highly unlikely you ALSO have a limb out a window.

Basically, you just need a way to retrofit an early JK switch panel into a JL. They were plain rockers if I remember correctly.
I would like to think there's darn good reasons for certain designs. Yes - could be due to cost savings, or part commonization.

In this case, it may have something to do with the ability for the Wrangler's design to be robust to open weather conditions - in this case rain. Having these in a vertical orientation may aid in the goal of keeping water out of switches/connections
Sponsored

JW-UK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D110, Foers Ibex
Fit doors from a base model Sport, with manual wind up windows.
You might even find an owner with the same colour Sport that will do a straight swap for the troublesome electric windows.
Problem solved. :like:

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
When I see this, I think to myself how does she wipe her bottom after using the restroom?
I think I just threw up in my mouf.
🤢🤮🤮🤮

My guess is that she scoots on the carpet.
...probably while sitting at home all day (since she can't work a job with those appendages).

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
If we weren't on opposite sides of the country I'd make you some switch extensions from Kydex and attach them with either VHB or 2-part epoxy. Find yourself a crafty local dude to whip something up, we all love back scratches.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
When I see this, I think to myself how does she wipe her bottom after using the restroom?
More importantly, how does she put on clothes?

As far as the switches, I think the best balance of form and function would be to use some of the flat black plastic blade style switches I used to have in an old Freightliner. Four of those sticking out of a custom panel would actually look okay, and they wouldn't stick out too far.

It would be a gigantic pain in the ass to make the panel and wire these things to the factory harness, and I have no idea if they still sell the switches I'm thinking about. Trucks got away from that style of switches about 15 years ago.

I'll leave the idea here, but I could pick it up and dive in if there is serious interest.

Sponsored

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Not sure this would be possible ......you might check into replacing that switch with a simple toggle switch mounted on any flat surface.Just a thought.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
too bad the aux switches couldnt be reprogrammed to toggle windows, if not otherwise in use, or like a ctl alt function
Why not? Just put them on momentary and feed the window motors. To control them all with one, you'd need to use diodes or relays to keep them from backfeeding to each other.

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
I hesitate to even post bc of all the rude reactions this might get but here it goes....
I am a girl.
I love jeeps.
I want to put my windows up.
But i have nails and thus the little fingertip window buttons dont allow me to fit my nail with fingertip into them enough to get leverage to push the window button down. Only my nail "goes in" if that makes sense. Daughter and her friends have the same issue.
Yes i can cut them shorter and thankfully in the summer I do but in winter my nails are always longer bc I'm not doing hands on crap as much and am instead looking picture perfect at holiday functions.
I would LOVE if someone could 3d print slide/stickon button extenders.
Im tired of looking for the clothespin to close a window.
First world problem i know.
No "cut your nails", "long nails suck" ect responses needed.
These are my real nails so no "princess type" responses either.
Sad I even have to buffer my questions these days.
Anyhoo.
If you like back scratches, then you like nails so help a chick out and tell me this product exists or throw some ideas at me. Im about to e6000 some tounge depressers on the suckers bc the 392 buttons are hella stiff compared to her 2020 rubi and that would be just ugly. I could bedazzled them.... JK!
And No i cannot just use my nails to pull up on these dang window buttons. Even at the most painful leverage force amount the button doesnt move.
Screenshot_20211014-073058_Gallery.jpg
Buy a Jeep with manual windows……duh

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Half Doors with the good uppers if you live in the South. Those unzip or pop out. Just hope they match.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Use heat shrink tubing over the switch, cut long so there's enough to grab to work the switch. You could also use heat shrink tubing to attach a short dowel or other material to extend the switch.
I would not use the heat shrink tubing with glue while experimenting as it is difficult to remove.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Speak for yourself, I’ll help out my sister Florida jeeper with her fingernails, but if she starts in on angry grills, she’s on her own, that’s where I draw the line…… 🥴
Just put an angry grille on my daughters jeep.... she loves them... i almost cried....next shes.....wrapping it in light pink, dark pink, gray and black camo....

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
My wife nor I are long nail people so maybe this is a silly idea, but... looking at your pic I can see how this would pull on your nails which whether real or not is not a good idea. It will either hurt or potentially pull at the glue. Can you rotate your hand down so you use the top of the nail and flick your finger towards your knuckles? This work then push the nail into your finger which would not be painful nor weaken any glue joint.
If i understood correctly, the switch was too hard to press/push.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just put an angry grille on my daughters jeep.... she loves them... i almost cried....next shes.....wrapping it in light pink, dark pink, gray and black camo....
:facepalm:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.