Sponsored

Stumbled upon a huge lot of Wranglers

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Was driving home from work today and stumbled upon a storage lot full of new Wranglers. I have no idea how long they have been there. I hadn’t noticed them before today. It’s a large empty lot near Alorton IL (St Louis area). Maybe they were unloaded from a train and being staged to truck them to area dealers. I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow.
Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I think there are at least 11 of us sitting there right now. We can probably send you VINs and have you take pictures for us.... or provide some intel on the security weaknesses of the railyard so we can plan our mass extraction under the cover of darkness.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I think there are at least 11 of us sitting there right now. We can probably send you VINs and have you take pictures for us.... or provide some intel on the security weaknesses of the railyard so we can plan our mass extraction under the cover of darkness.
Mine isn’t one of them, but count me in!

White Butte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Was driving home from work today and stumbled upon a storage lot full of new Wranglers. I have no idea how long they have been there. I hadn’t noticed them before today. It’s a large empty lot near Alorton IL (St Louis area). Maybe they were unloaded from a train and being staged to truck them to area dealers. I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow.
I'm looking for my white Sahara with matching hard top, if you happen to see it. ;)
I thought we were sitting there in rail cars. Didn't know we got dumped out in the middle of nowhere IL.:crying:

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Any 2 doors? Peep it out!

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Well we just had a torrential downpour on my way home. Hope those interiors stayed dry.

I’m going to see how close I can get to that lot for pics. Wish I had a drone to fly over. It looked like a lot of wranglers.

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Last I checked, the population of Alorton is less than 2000. ;)
It’s in between East Saint Louis and Belleville IL.

Copart has a facility there. I hope those jeeps aren’t being salvaged. :cwl:

Sponsored

White Butte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
It’s in between East Saint Louis and Belleville IL.

Copart has a facility there. I hope those jeeps aren’t being salvaged. :cwl:
I looked at a satellite image of the lot. It is a pretty good sized lot. If you had to take a wild guess, how many Jeeps do you think are sitting there? Recently washed by mother nature...

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I looked at a satellite image of the lot. It is a pretty good sized lot. If you had to take a wild guess, how many Jeeps do you think are sitting there? Recently washed by mother nature...
It is a huge lot. There has to be hundreds of them.

I drove by this morning and got as close as I could without trespassing. They were loading some on trucks.

The pictures don’t do it justice. There are rows and rows of wranglers!

I’ll post more pics when I have time.

8EFE9965-6641-4769-87A8-518F35DB7D36.jpeg

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
It is a huge lot. There has to be hundreds of them.

I drove by this morning and got as close as I could without trespassing. They were loading some on trucks.

The pictures don’t do it justice. There are rows and rows of wranglers!

I’ll post more pics when I have time.

8EFE9965-6641-4769-87A8-518F35DB7D36.jpeg
Holy Crap! No wonder some sit so long...if your Jeep is in the middle of that mess, good luck getting it out.