Stumbled upon a huge lot of Wranglers

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Wow, I'm just impressed by that Punk'n Rubicon with the body color top. Looks good.
Sponsored

|0000000|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 5/1/18: 2018 JL Rubicon 2 Door
I feel like this whole Jeep JL release should be made into a documentary #twist they're all parked in Illinois! dun dun dunnn

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I feel like this whole Jeep JL release should be made into a documentary #twist they're all parked in Illinois! dun dun dunnn
If you think the overall release is crazy, the 2 door specific release is insane.

Supposedly a member will finally get one this week. December was a long time ago.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Wow, I'm just impressed by that Punk'n Rubicon with the body color top. Looks good.
Yeah, I like how that color came out...I might have got that if my first car hadn’t been both that color and a PoS...bad juju. My favorite car ever, 4Runner, is blue...so I went with good juju :clap:

Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
The vacant lot is on Route 15 just east of I-255 exit. There is a large rail yard not too far away so maybe the vehicles are transported by rail, unloaded and trucked to this lot for their final destination.

222.jpg
Thanks for the pics! The railyard has a huge loading /storage area so I just assumed they were there. Wonder if they were trucked or railed there. I hope they truck straight to the dealers and not to Memphis or KC which is the normal path to this area. If u see a white 4 door w black fenders/hardtop and the standard bumpers it may be mine. Whatever the case it’s great to see some moving out of there. Would be interesting to see if you can see another pile of JLs at the railyard. I attached the pic of where I thought they were sitting which seems to be a wrong assumption now.

94C938F7-0EEB-4E4E-895B-874F486BB4F7.jpeg

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thanks for the pics! The railyard has a huge loading /storage area so I just assumed they were there. Wonder if they were trucked or railed there. I hope they truck straight to the dealers and not to Memphis or KC which is the normal path to this area. If u see a white 4 door w black fenders/hardtop and the standard bumpers it may be mine. Whatever the case it’s great to see some moving out of there. Would be interesting to see if you can see another pile of JLs at the railyard. I attached the pic of where I thought they were sitting which seems to be a wrong assumption now.

94C938F7-0EEB-4E4E-895B-874F486BB4F7.jpeg
I’m very intrigued by this whole process. I do wonder if they were transported from the factory or Marion, OH by rail to Centreville rail yard then unloaded and moved to this staging lot. When I took the pics this morning, I didn’t notice if they were moving them out or into the lot. I imagine it will take some time to move them out. I was amazed how many were there. It could easily be a 1,000 or more. If I had one on order, I wouldn’t be happy knowing it’s sitting in that pile for days or weeks waiting to be transported.

jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sooo glad I already have mine and didn’t order.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I’m very intrigued by this whole process. I do wonder if they were transported from the factory or Marion, OH by rail to Centreville rail yard then unloaded and moved to this staging lot. When I took the pics this morning, I didn’t notice if they were moving them out or into the lot. I imagine it will take some time to move them out. I was amazed how many were there. It could easily be a 1,000 or more. If I had one on order, I wouldn’t be happy knowing it’s sitting in that pile for days or weeks waiting to be transported.
I arrived today:angry: my salesman who’s Jeep was ordered one day before me never got stuck here. Mine was built a week earlier than his but then I was stuck in JB for a week...now this :swear:

Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I have been released. And it showed up last night at the dealer !!!!!!

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe

Richard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Last Event Locn Last Locn Type Event Description Last Event Date ETA Window
ALORTON, IL OFFSITE Ingate / Rebay at Facility 04/27/18 08:36:00 AM ETA TBD

I wonder if this is where my jeep is?

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Last Event Locn Last Locn Type Event Description Last Event Date ETA Window
ALORTON, IL OFFSITE Ingate / Rebay at Facility 04/27/18 08:36:00 AM ETA TBD

I wonder if this is where my jeep is?
Yes. I wonder what Rebay at Facility means?

I won’t be back that direction until monday to see if they are clearing them out.
Sponsored

Last edited: