Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Are you saying I could sell targets? They would cost more that $2.00, just saying that the cost of ammo could easily be more than that.

How much do you think I can get for a stubnose wheel gun target?

rN6uV5xaG2QFuo_zySSFQ7gm7qIbaCgNnqH9lkMlbErGQU12vogGdnrjMyvPvApzqIoxj0gNJtDcN3taXKQ=w426-h757-no.jpg
Im glad you are shooting, but static range work never really impressed me...
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Static shooting has a place with all of us, but like you, I'm drawn to action shooting. I did some combat stuff back in the 80s, and in the past 20 years, I was drawn back to clay target shotgun shooting and upland hunting. The clay shooting has the moving target element and breaking it provides instant feedback. Clay target shooting is something to do until the next bird season.
DSC_3969.JPG

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
That's a wonderful and encouraging study but let's not forget the very many studies and prognoses from the 50s when the world was told that Americans will have their personal flying automobiles parked in front of the house by the year of 2000 : )

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Not trying to impress you, but if you think that all I shoot is static. you would be wrong.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Static shooting has a place with all of us, but like you, I'm drawn to action shooting. I did some combat stuff back in the 80s, and in the past 20 years, I was drawn back to clay target shotgun shooting and upland hunting. The clay shooting has the moving target element and breaking it provides instant feedback. Clay target shooting is something to do until the next bird season.
DSC_3969.JPG
I was in to clays for a few years and was shooting clay a lot. Back then I started using a mossberg 500 and wore the gun out in one summer. I love action shooting. I competed in IPSC, PPC, pin shoots, falling plates matches back in the late 90s and early 2000s I would shoot 500 rounds a week for practice and then shoot matches on the weekends. I am able to shoot right at the house and reload with a Dillion 650 press. I have literlly wore guns out. My first Browning Buckmark pistol, I put 225,000 rounds through it and Browning rebuilt it twice for me. I have many guns with round counts over 10,000. I always worked 2nd and 3rd shift, live out in the country, could shoot right off my deck and reloaded so it was easy to shoot during the day while my limited neighbors were at work. I have owned some of my guns for 30+ years. I know them well.

man do I miss the days when you could by a brick of 22 for under $10 dollars.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
20200329_093724.jpg
20200329_093632.jpg
I still have my Gold Cup I bought when I turned 21. Lots of 1911s have come and gone, but I keep that one for sentimental reasons. Still shoots great after tens of thousands of rounds.

A few years back, I bought a Wilson Classic when I got the family to do some self defense classes. I felt guilty, so I built up a Springfield target 9mm 1911. I worked just about everything on that gun. I milled the top of the slide and checkered it, checkered the front strap, fitted all the external parts (slide, frame, beavertail, etc.), new tool steel lockwork, trigger, bushing, welded on my custom magwell and contoured it. I built it how I'd build it for me, except I did what I could to shorten the length of pull for her smaller hands. I enjoy shooting that gun a lot, but I have to when nobody's watching, given that it's purple and has purple metalflake inlayed grips with my wife's name. LOL. A couple of my friends shot it and were raving about it. It can hang with the Wilson or the Gold C

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Just as a concept, and not by any means a threat but why buy a jeep for the apocalypse when I can take yours or someone else's? right now the best of people are standing up and putting their best foot forward but when the crap hits the fan, these very same people will eventually turn into monsters just the same. there is one type of Hording that is quite different then other types and that is Ammo. if I horde Food, that is for my consumption but if I horde Ammo, That is not only for me but it is bought to deliberately deny others the opportunity to horde it. The Ammo I allow someone else to buy may be used against me in the apocalypse, That's just a way of looking at it and I really don't need any more ammo.
Hypothetically, when/if you have to move/relocate, you can only carry so many firearms and only so much ammo. If you’re out carjacking using said tools, then who is defending your arms cache? What happens when you pick the wrong driver to screw with. Guns and ammo are not a one way street. Your position on buying more ammo to prevent others from hoarding won’t even make a dent in ammo supplies unless you’re spending as much on ammo as Bloomberg spends to buy elections. In that case, it would be better to buy an ammo manufacturing facility. Hypothetically.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hypothetically, when/if you have to move/relocate, you can only carry so many firearms and only so much ammo. If you’re out carjacking using said tools, then who is defending your arms cache? What happens when you pick the wrong driver to screw with. Guns and ammo are not a one way street. Your position on buying more ammo to prevent others from hoarding won’t even make a dent in ammo supplies unless you’re spending as much on ammo as Bloomberg spends to buy elections. In that case, it would be better to buy an ammo manufacturing facility. Hypothetically.
...and if you can afford the ammo company, you probably can afford luxurious isolation and security, instead of wallow-piggin with us commoners.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
State of the world has me wanting to sell my Jeep lol.

since I bought my Open air vehicle... 2 run for you life evacuation firestorms destroying hundreds of houses by me (having live embers landing on a softtop makes ya go hmmm), then a pandemic....

add in Fiat quality.... Probably move to a 4 runner even if its a bit boring.

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You totally miss the point, Im not here to start an argument, Too many of you are taking this way too personal like im assaulting you. What I have stated is an opinion about human behavior.. people will come and take your shit. Doesn't matter if your billy badass or if you can shoot paper targets or live in the woods. There are a crap load of people that will try to take your stuff, My stuff, our neighbors stuff.

Last edited:

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carjacking is only a concept used when there is no apocalypse and everyone is expected to behave.
A Cache is hidden and does not require defending, That's why they call them Cache's
Under what apocalyptic scenario will there be an adequate ammo supply? No gun shop will sell you ammo for your 10 Round magazines during an apocalypse, They will keep it for themselves and deny you.

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

You totally miss the point, Im not here to start an argument, Too many of you are taking this way too personal like im assaulting you. What I have stated is an opinion about human behavior.. people will come and take your shit. Doesn't matter if your billy badass or if you can shoot paper targets or live in the woods. There are a crap load of people that will try to take your stuff, My stuff, our neighbors stuff.
watch Rambo Last Blood. that is how i am currently preparing my property. my neighbors are looking at me funny but i dont care. might as well make use of the quarantine.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Oh, I’m not offended by it. I fully recognize that a lot of people are going to make some rash moves in hasty situations and in some cases those will be mistakes.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
watch Rambo Last Blood. that is how i am currently preparing my property. my neighbors are looking at me funny but i dont care. might as well make use of the quarantine.
My whole family thinks I have a BUNKER in my back yard and they want to come to my house when the apocalypse hits. My co workers on the military base want to hunker down in my bunker too, LMAO. I really don't know where they get that idea.
Sponsored