Sponsored

Stubby Antenna not sure of name

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 59498

Anyone recommend a good stubby antenna? Or short antenna whatever they are called. I bought a cheap one on Amazon and reception is not nearly as good as the oem whip antenna.

I should have known better with a manufacturing name of JeCar Antenna!
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I have the Rydonair 13" antenna. No negatives.

One thing I noticed on mine. I had installed as is out of the box. Noticed a weaker reception on far away stations after being installed for a month or so. I removed it, cleaned the threads and applied copper anti seize compound to the threads and reinstalled. Reception became better. Maybe coincidence with the anti seize but reception hasn't weakened since then like it had before using it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

I have the Rydonair 13" antenna. No negatives.

One thing I noticed on mine. I had installed as is out of the box. Noticed a weaker reception on far away stations after being installed for a month or so. I removed it, cleaned the threads and applied copper anti seize compound to the threads and reinstalled. Reception became better. Maybe coincidence with the anti seize but reception hasn't weakened since then like it had before using it.
Thanks for the info and price is reasonable also.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

No stubby is going to be as good as the factory antenna it just comes down to form over function
Yeah for sure, but mine is just terrible. Pull into the gas station totally lose all reception, get close to a building radio becomes static. Just really bad.
Sponsored