Stroller mount

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It’s threads like these that make me realize my life and piddly issues aren’t so bad after all.

let’s see…

in the 60’s we just threw them in the trunk.
in the 70’s we just threw them in the trunk.
in the 80’s, yep you guessed it “ in the trunk”
in the 90’s we didn’t use strollers, retards were sold on ideals of putting baby in a front facing basic backpack.
in the 2000’s parents were further sold on not using a stroller and just putting the kiddo in a carry around car seat that snapped in and out of the seat cradle.
in the 2010’s era most parents went back to strollers and put it in the back and it was never used cause 85% of idiots forgot their kids in the car anyhow.

and alas… in the 2020 years

“Honey, just leave it at home. All my recovery gear is in the rear cargo area anyway. We’re not going strolling in a mall or park, we’re going to the trails.
2000s
Jeep Wrangler JL Stroller mount 1713546165921-f0
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Laying flat, it takes up too much space. It won't stand up on its own for long without a mount to hold it in place.
Use a bungee cord connected to one of the tie downs on the cargo area floor to hold it in place. Or, set it against one of the rear seats and use a bungee cord to hold it down to one of the rear seat anchors.

There are so many different stroller types and sizes on the market, it would be impossible to have a universal "mount".

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

surprised no one has mentioned RTSM with the popularity of overlanding these days.

*Rooftop Stroller Mount.

you could also try a Rotopax mount. maybe one that goes in place of your spare tire.

theres also the Trasharoo. if they make an XL size you can just toss it in there. that's especially great if the kid has been playing in mud or oversoiled his diaper.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
OP you can fold it and strap it vertically with bungee cords to the side of the cargo area. Or fold it flat and place horizontally on a shelf if you have one.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
We had a larger folding double side by side stroller (I think it was a baby jogger brand?) that was awesome, it folded smaller than our old single crappy graco stroller. it fit nicely in the back of the jeep but it was still large enough to be annoying, so now we have a basic side by side folding umbrella stroller now, it doesn't take up much space.

Like everyone else said, just throw it in there.

Most strollers are way way too big these days because people want all this storage space for their 8 bags of bullshit you don't need to take care of a kid (unless your kid has specail needs). We have one small backpack that doubles as my wife's purse, wear it or hook it on the handles.

Would that doona install in the backseat of a JL? Looks like it would be tight.
Yes. I put it behind the passenger seat tho. The front seat does have to about halfway up.

It’s no off road stroller but perfect for everyday.

My sweet big boy is about to outgrow it tho. We will throw a foldable and simple one in the back for him when he does. Place it on the floor in front of the back seats.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Yes. I put it behind the passenger seat tho. The front seat does have to about halfway up.

It’s no off road stroller but perfect for everyday.

My sweet big boy is about to outgrow it tho. We will throw a foldable and simple one in the back for him when he does. Place it on the floor in front of the back seats.
No we don't put it in the second row behind the front seats, we put it in the back cargo area. Though our umbrella stroller would probably fit there.

I'm not sure how old your son is, but we went to the umbrella stroller for a plane trip in November when our daughter was 2 and son was still only 9mo old and he did great with it. We got back, gave our nice big double stroller to a friend about to have her 2nd and never looked back.
Sponsored