Sponsored

Strange question but does anyone know how many inches a two door rubicon JL needs jacked up to remove the coils and replace with 2 inch taller coils?

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I ask because my floor jack is the low rider type and does not achieve a very high lift. I am going to install my 2 inch Dynatrac lift one day this week, and I am wondering how many additional inches up from the floor will I need to get the jeep to be able to swap the coils?
Any comments appreciated! Thank you!!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I ask because my floor jack is the low rider type and does not achieve a very high lift. I am going to install my 2 inch Dynatrac lift one day this week, and I am wondering how many additional inches up from the floor will I need to get the jeep to be able to swap the coils?
If you jack up the front end under the diff you can get it high enough to put your jack stands under the frame. Then if you need any additional droop, you can jack up the opposite side to force the side your working on down a little more. Here’s a pic, mine are 3.5” lift springs and my jack stands are 12 ton, for reference..........

Jeep Wrangler JL Strange question but does anyone know how many inches a two door rubicon JL needs jacked up to remove the coils and replace with 2 inch taller coils? 4827A82C-CFD8-4B99-AB6D-DB4A03D01968

OP
OP

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
VERY helpful!
Thank you!!

OP
OP

Greg Cobble

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thank you Sir. Hopefully I will have my eye on those before I need to replace what I break LOL. Your help is appreciated more than you probably know!!
I am a pharmacist/hospital management by profession and a long way from accomplished mechanic. I have done coils and shocks on a Super Duty Ford and a Tundra with success in my garage, but past performance is no promise of future results. Instructions say 4-6 hours, so my goal is 8.
I have a lot of experience training police dogs and competition dogs. I understand a golf swing. I can talk about many disease treatments....BUT Suspension installation is a challenge. However, need to get my hands dirty to get my mind off of COVID patients and elections for a few hours :).
Thanks again!!!

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I use a cross beam with a couple 6"x 6" blocks from a fence post mounted to the ends. They're cut to 4" and they fit perfectly...rubber padding on top of the blocks. The ends don't have to be fully raised...it gets the vehicle up nice & high enough to slide in the jack stands... like Cheech & Chong high.

*Edited to correct the block size and upload pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Strange question but does anyone know how many inches a two door rubicon JL needs jacked up to remove the coils and replace with 2 inch taller coils? cross_beam

Jeep Wrangler JL Strange question but does anyone know how many inches a two door rubicon JL needs jacked up to remove the coils and replace with 2 inch taller coils? 1603626005487
Sponsored

Last edited: