Stranded! (Vent)

Hawknz8

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon ecoDiesel
How many JL owners have been left stranded by your JL, or even worse being left stranded again and again by poor communication and empty promises.

Stranded!
I drove acrross town the other day, hoped in the Jeep (it started right up) got to my location and 3-4 hours later I hop back in and no start. I called my roadside assistance, maybe I did something dumb and left lights on or the ignition on. Roadside service came by and it wouldn’t jump, a few hours later a tow truck finally shows up.

Stranded Again!
I take it to the dealer and they leave me stranded again. The Jeep Dealer takes possession and it is as if they are just guessing on what is wrong with it. 30 hours after drop off they think the Auxiliary battery is bad, 24 hours after that maybe it is the starter. “Oh we ordered a new starter from Chrysler over-night, it will be here tomorrow.”

Stranded yet again, a Third time!
Hey this isn’t a great big deal, my Jeep just hit the year old mark and only has 13,000 miles on it; I have a warranty, and I purchased the Jeep Wave program. I start a chat session with Jeep Wave and they tell me that they can provide $35 for a single day rental, and apperantly there is nothing in the warranty that make an allowance for rental cars or a loaner. My comment to the agent was; “You can’t rent a front wheel on a yugo for $35 in the current market”.

Stranded and left hanging!
The latest text from the dealer was ”we over nighted the part like i said yesterday but Chrysler did not get it shipped to us. our eta is now 8/24.” So now it has gone from overnight to 2 day it seems! Why can’t they just be upfront with customers! So Drop off was Tuesday about noon, and they won’t even see the part till next Tuesday. So I Uber to work, that is nice of Uber to be there for me, but Jeep; not so much. A near $70,000 Jeep and it sits stranded, while my family is stranded without any other automobile. Thanks Jeep!
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
That’s what happened with my 2018 JL. At about a year the batteries crapped out. Had it sitting there for a while. If they’re replacing the batteries, make sure they replace both. The bad one will have drained the good one and you’ll end up with the same problem.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Sorry to hear you are going through this. We drove to Southern Colorado at the end of May and in the morning to do some off-roading on passes the Jeep wouldn't start. It was just shy of two-years and 50,000 miles on it. I tried jumping it with my Audew jump starter to no avail. AAA came and couldn't jump it either. Reading the forums the aux battery seemed to be a likely culprit. Irish luck would have it that an O'Reilly's was two blocks away and they actually had the battery in stock. I pulled the passenger side fender and replaced the aux battery and the whole thing took about 45-minutes, including walking back and forth. The Jeep fired right up and we drove up and completed the only pass that was open.

My long-term plan is to switch to the Genesis dual-battery system.

Good luck and hope they identify the issue and get you back on the road soon.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
How many JL owners have been left stranded by your JL, or even worse being left stranded again and again by poor communication and empty promises.

Stranded!
I drove acrross town the other day, hoped in the Jeep (it started right up) got to my location and 3-4 hours later I hop back in and no start. I called my roadside assistance, maybe I did something dumb and left lights on or the ignition on. Roadside service came by and it wouldn’t jump, a few hours later a tow truck finally shows up.

Stranded Again!
I take it to the dealer and they leave me stranded again. The Jeep Dealer takes possession and it is as if they are just guessing on what is wrong with it. 30 hours after drop off they think the Auxiliary battery is bad, 24 hours after that maybe it is the starter. “Oh we ordered a new starter from Chrysler over-night, it will be here tomorrow.”

Stranded yet again, a Third time!
Hey this isn’t a great big deal, my Jeep just hit the year old mark and only has 13,000 miles on it; I have a warranty, and I purchased the Jeep Wave program. I start a chat session with Jeep Wave and they tell me that they can provide $35 for a single day rental, and apperantly there is nothing in the warranty that make an allowance for rental cars or a loaner. My comment to the agent was; “You can’t rent a front wheel on a yugo for $35 in the current market”.

Stranded and left hanging!
The latest text from the dealer was ”we over nighted the part like i said yesterday but Chrysler did not get it shipped to us. our eta is now 8/24.” So now it has gone from overnight to 2 day it seems! Why can’t they just be upfront with customers! So Drop off was Tuesday about noon, and they won’t even see the part till next Tuesday. So I Uber to work, that is nice of Uber to be there for me, but Jeep; not so much. A near $70,000 Jeep and it sits stranded, while my family is stranded without any other automobile. Thanks Jeep!
Poor communication and empty promises seems to be standard procedure in my local dealerships. A few days ago I asked one dealership if I could come in next day and test drive a Wrangler. They said sure, come in. When I get there they had none on the lot. I wasted a trip and time away from work. Why do they lie?
Next up I asked to put money down on a Wrangler, one dealership said no way their allocation was closed. So I went to another dealer and they said we can get you one, but come back in a couple days for the build sheet sign off and deposit. My salesman said he'd call me this afternoon when it's ready. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm supposed to go there this afternoon to sign off, supposedly, let's see if they lied too. Why do dealerships lie so damn much?

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
That’s what happened with my 2018 JL. At about a year the batteries crapped out. Had it sitting there for a while. If they’re replacing the batteries, make sure they replace both. The bad one will have drained the good one and you’ll end up with the same problem.
I have two eTorque Jeeps but if I had the auxiliary battery type, I’d always replace in pairs just for peace of mind. Seems you can’t get away from exorbitant battery expenditures either it eventually be a lithium or AGM lead acid battery.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

always replace both batteries at the same time......

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Maybe its my experience with other brands giving out loaners easily, and I know this varies from dealership to dealership, but I am shocked that they don't give you a loaner vehicle, especially for the price of your Jeep. I am sorry that sucks.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your experiences.

What truly baffles me is 9 times out of 10, these issues are solved by replacing the batteries. But here we are, 4 model years into this Wrangler generation, and dealers still operate like this is the first time they ever hear about this problem and start replacing parts without any idea of what to do.

Jeep dealers are no saints, but in this case I blame FCA for not training techs and for not disseminating information throughout its dealer network, leaving everyone in the dark.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I will say in their defense that getting parts has been crazy lately. Not just Mopar, but basically everybody. Stuff in and out of stock, back-orders, inexplicable delays, missed deadlines. Get a text that such and such is back in stock, try to order it three minutes later, and it's back-ordered already. For that matter, not just human sized vehicles, but big trucks too. The shop at work recently had to next day a part from somewhere in the Yukon, because it was the only one available in the world.

I'm sorry you're having such rotten luck. It makes me think what I will do if my Jeep falls on its face like that. I want to delete the aux battery prophylactically if I can get the money together and actually buy the kit and the batteries, both of which are subject to be unavailable.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar issue with my 2018. Crazy electrical problems. Wouldn't start. Would go into limp mode. Service stability control system warnings.

I went through probably 4-5 sets of batteries over a 6 month period. After they gave up on replacing the batteries, they replaced the starter, then the transmission valve body (twice) for a new PCM, and then I finally gave up. They had a new gear shifter on order when I asked a sales manager if they would take it in on a trade since it was still under the original factory warranty, which they did and gave me market value on it as if it didn't have any issues.

Now I have a 2021 with eTorque and have been very happy (knock on wood).
Sponsored