Sponsored

Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
I disagree. I’m an off road vehicle enthusiasts. I am a fan of both vehicles, and I can tell you that Ford has its hands full with the Bronco forum, I doubt they have the time to try and convince Jeep owners they should buy, when their current reservation holders are so angry.

We can have fun going back and forth saying which one is better, but they are both pretty awesome machines. Jeep’s response to the Bronco has already made a great product even better. In the end, the futures looking pretty good for anyone that appreciates the trails and varied vehicles on them🙃.
I'm not a rich narcissist... but I did buy a 392,
after owning several other 4,x4s over the years. Ford has nothing even close. I just wish bronco lovers would stay on ford forums. The bronco is not in same league as the JLUR.
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Sorry if this was already posted. What are your thoughts?
OP, I’m skipping past a lot of the hate and discontent. You seem like a reasonable guy capable of balanced critical thought which isn’t exactly in abundance on forums these days😁. So, I talked to you a bit in the thread about 2022 changes, as I had all but decided to order a 4xe. I ended up buying a Bronco. My thoughts on the comparison:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/just-got-home-from-bronco-event.71961/post-1584874

Bottom line, all the haters on both sides are wrong😂. There is a ridiculous thread on the Bronco forum called “Jeep is in trouble.” Jeep is not in trouble. Likewise, the sentiment above that the Rubicon is just in a different league than the Bronco is also wrong. They are essentially two slightly different takes on the same vehicle. They are both awesome and Jeep people should be incredibly grateful that Ford entered the market to provide Jeep some incentive. We are only getting the 392 and the new package with 35s because of the Bronco. I’ve never understood this Calvin peeing on the other guy mentality. 99% of people on this forum and the Bronco forum have absolutely no affiliation with the companies they seem willing to go to battle for. Pick the one you like better and appreciate the competition in a good natured way. The Bronco is unquestionably superior on the highway of course. I think the Jeep feels better on a trail. Mainly because it is narrower and inspires more confidence fitting into places. The SFA also feels a little better going over obstacles, but most people will never push either of these vehicles far enough off-road to really get to the point where the SFA is a legitimate advantage. The 2% of people who will should get a Jeep. If anyone has any questions, I am happy to provide objective comparisons. I have no brand loyalty and really appreciate the variety of cool vehicles available.

PS, congrats on the 392. I am 100% sure that will be great fun.

PPS, it cracks me up to see people complaining about Jeep’s infotainment system because I actually like it a LOT better than Bronco’s. Yes wireless support would be great, but overall the way the Jeep displays information is so much better.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
We are only getting the 392 and the new package with 35s because of the Bronco.
This is so obvious. Don't forget about the color matched half doors.

I am waiting to see what effect the Bronco will have on Jeep pricing. At this time, FCA can increase prices at will since they have no serious competition.

In general, competition pushes down prices and improves quality. Competition is good for consumers.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
OP, I’m skipping past a lot of the hate and discontent. You seem like a reasonable guy capable of balanced critical thought which isn’t exactly in abundance on forums these days😁. So, I talked to you a bit in the thread about 2022 changes, as I had all but decided to order a 4xe. I ended up buying a Bronco. My thoughts on the comparison:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/just-got-home-from-bronco-event.71961/post-1584874

Bottom line, all the haters on both sides are wrong😂. There is a ridiculous thread on the Bronco forum called “Jeep is in trouble.” Jeep is not in trouble. Likewise, the sentiment above that the Rubicon is just in a different league than the Bronco is also wrong. They are essentially two slightly different takes on the same vehicle. They are both awesome and Jeep people should be incredibly grateful that Ford entered the market to provide Jeep some incentive. We are only getting the 392 and the new package with 35s because of the Bronco. I’ve never understood this Calvin peeing on the other guy mentality. 99% of people on this forum and the Bronco forum have absolutely no affiliation with the companies they seem willing to go to battle for. Pick the one you like better and appreciate the competition in a good natured way. The Bronco is unquestionably superior on the highway of course. I think the Jeep feels better on a trail. Mainly because it is narrower and inspires more confidence fitting into places. The SFA also feels a little better going over obstacles, but most people will never push either of these vehicles far enough off-road to really get to the point where the SFA is a legitimate advantage. The 2% of people who will should get a Jeep. If anyone has any questions, I am happy to provide objective comparisons. I have no brand loyalty and really appreciate the variety of cool vehicles available.

PPS, it cracks me up to see people complaining about Jeep’s infotainment system because I actually like it a LOT better than Bronco’s. Yes wireless support would be great, but overall the way the Jeep displays information is so much better.
Nicely stated.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

Thanks for some constructive feedback. Did you already get your Branco or is it on order?

Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Well, at least Bronco and Toyoda FJ owners can swap parts 🤣

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
We race with the guys that did most of the off road development on the Bronco. Lovell, Hutter to mention a few. They say they are the s***. Of course they would 🤣🤣. There’s no doubt they are a very competent rig. Going to bury the Jeep? Probably not. All boils down to preference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP! 1A61FFF4-CE0F-4D9C-BF6F-487206FFFC28

Definitely nice to have choices.
Sam

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How did you add them?
One of these the car play
Jeep Wrangler JL Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP! 1626984091651

One of these for the wireless charging.

Jeep Wrangler JL Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP! 1626984186890

I ordered a new rubber pad that goes in the opening under the window switches and trimmed part of it off that angled up so the pad sits flush, then gorilla glued the charging pad to the new mat so it clips into the dash and wont fall out. It sticks out about an inch past the opening but doesn't move at all and I don't ever accidentally hit it. the part number on the pad is 68473847AA . "Instrument panel mat". I wanted the armrest cover with the pad in it, but I'm not spending the $350 I have seen them for.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Thanks for some constructive feedback. Did you already get your Branco or is it on order?
Yep, got it already and putting miles on. I drove the Jeep last night and I really think the 2.0 Jeep is quicker than the 2.3 Bronco and gets better mileage.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
This is so obvious. Don't forget about the color matched half doors.

I am waiting to see what effect the Bronco will have on Jeep pricing. At this time, FCA can increase prices at will since they have no serious competition.

In general, competition pushes down prices and improves quality. Competition is good for consumers.
Don't know how much the prices will change since Ford pretty much stayed in lock step.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks.

So they each plug into USB ports?
The wireless adapter I have in my center console USB. the Charging pad I have wired into the accessory port with a connector I used to wire up my CB. Its a pigtail off the ports connector in the dash so nothing is spliced.
Sponsored