Sponsored

Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did everyone see the Bronco’s tire come off the ground (and stay off) at the 14:10 mark in the second video? The host mentioned it while watching the spotter. They never mentioned when doing the final comparison at the end. IFS rules…NOT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Yawn...Bronco does have some nice tech features (that we should have seen on the JL's from day one) but at the end of the day it's still just another IFS SUV.

Jeep...The one and only. Still.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So here is a great example of how this segment is evolving.
This buyer only listed, specifically, one physical attribute he detailed and that was the one touch roof.
In this segment now one feature may sway you. Ford has taken the market here and Jeep will respond.
And if they don’t start upping electronics and other features they will lose market share. How much? Not enough to matter to you bu plenty to Jeep. Every % counts.
Keep this in mind; Bronco has full side curtain airbags. MANY new families are going to notice that. It’s just another jump in the market.
Lol, it wasn’t just one thing about the Jeep that pushed me to it. The reality is, jeep has all the features I liked in the Bronco and the roof was a bonus.

Honestly, the lack of air conditioning vents in the back seat area were one of the reasons I was hesitant to purchase the Bronco. Also, the Jeep actually exists so there is that.

Reality is they are both nice vehicles. Jeep shouldn’t rest on their laurels and neither should Ford.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
As far as the infotainment system, Jeep is just outdated from the moment they release them and they don't function as well as other companies. It is a not a wrangler problem, but a jeep problem across their model line. For instance my 2016 VW Golf has a better performing and easier to use infotainment system than my 2021 Wrangler. And the unit that was on my 2015 JK was frustratingly bad. In 2004 I bought a brand new to the market Alpine head unit which had apple connectivity feature via wire. It worked better than my 2015 JK infotainment system (That is a 10y gap in technology functioning better). I will say the new infotainment works satisfactory for my needs, but feels far behind what other vehicle manufacturers supply.
I get what you're saying, maybe it needs a little more polish in the graphics department. That said, I love the simplicity of the current 8.4" Uconnect system. It just works and the physical buttons below are well placed.

Prior to this Jeep, I had the latest 12" screen in my Ram and the reliance on technology/apps to engage basic functions became extremely frustrating. For example, I was constantly searching, or trying to remember, which app I needed to open just to turn on the heated seats or steering wheel. That's one of many examples. Sometimes technology creates problems where none existed and bigger isn't always better.

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
Looks nice but I sat in one at a Bronco event. HARD CHEAP plastic everywhere. I was very disappointed.
Does that have anything to do with the fact you can hose it out (at least some trim levels)?

" If the inside of the Bronco does get dirty (which it will), every switch and dial is rubberized. There’s also available marine-grade vinyl seat upholstery, as well as drains on the rubberized floors to get rid of any excess water. "

Article here

Sponsored

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
haha. I'm really looking forward to seeing videos of these new Broncos running thru the Squeeze on Pinyon Mountain trail.
I'll keep my JLR for trails and concede the tarmac to a 4dr. Bronco.
Reading this thread got me wondering just how wide the Bronco is!

According to Ford, the Bronco (2- or 4-door) is 86.2" wide overall, 75.9" with the mirrors folded in.

According to the 2021 Wrangler brochure, the Wrangler "overall width" is 73.9." I presume that is with the mirrors out, but they don't go into details.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I really did not mean to start another Branco thread... oh well :) Maybe I am just selfish? Gives me something to do until my 392 arrives the week of August 16th.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Did everyone see the Bronco’s tire come off the ground (and stay off) at the 14:10 mark in the second video? The host mentioned it while watching the spotter. They never mentioned when doing the final comparison at the end. IFS rules…NOT.
I was watching close too. This is the best screenshot I could get. Is the tire touching? Wish we had a better shot like the Bronco.
Jeep Wrangler JL Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP! 67540FDC-7F53-48F7-BCF2-A50FF71E2B88

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
Seems like it still made it through, despite one wheel being off the ground for a moment, lol.

I don't have time to watch the whole video, did that Bronco have the front stabilizer disconnect?

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
I was watching close too. This is the best screenshot I could get. Is the tire touching? Wish we had a better shot like the Bronco.
Jeep Wrangler JL Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP! 67540FDC-7F53-48F7-BCF2-A50FF71E2B88
Looks go me like it's off the ground a bit.

IMHO, the important thing is whether you can keep going, even if one wheel loses contact. I can tell you that with my present ride (a 4Runner SR5), it's fairly easy to get a wheel off the ground. And when that happens I've usually got problems.

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Honestly, I think Straight Pipes put that in the title to get more views. Why not?
and again that is what you tube is all about. content doesn't matter. its all about the clicks. millennials love to click. got to give them something to click. so again. no reason to even watch it and add money to their pockets. like someone else said. bronco has been dead for years and the jeep has been around strong for 80 years. so RIP is just click bait. . . as is all of you tube. . .

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just that the current Uconnect systems in the Wrangler are somewhat outdated at this point, compared to what’s in other vehicles including the Bronco. No wireless charging pad and no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto is a disappointment. I’m sure these things will eventually make their way to the Wrangler, but they should be there now.
Yeah the wireless CarPlay would definitely be a welcomed edition to the tech group no doubt.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So here is a great example of how this segment is evolving.
This buyer only listed, specifically, one physical attribute he detailed and that was the one touch roof.
In this segment now one feature may sway you. Ford has taken the market here and Jeep will respond.
And if they don’t start upping electronics and other features they will lose market share. How much? Not enough to matter to you bu plenty to Jeep. Every % counts.
Keep this in mind; Bronco has full side curtain airbags. MANY new families are going to notice that. It’s just another jump in the market.
Maybe not. The Ranger and Gladiator came to market in the same year. Both mid-size trucks with built in fan bases. They took some market share. But not from the Tacoma. They took it from the GM twins and the Frontier. Mostly the market just expanded.

So it's not a given that Bronco's market share will actually reduce Wrangler sales at all.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
The only new vehicle launch Ford does not consistently screw up is the F150 and maybe the Mustang. The lack of availability is probably a good thing for anyone that wants one because they will be forced to wait a year or two and Ford will have fixed most of the bugs by then. I expect Jeep to have a refresh ready about the time you can actually walk into a Ford dealer and buy a Bronco.

Uconnect is as good or better than Sync right now. Uconnect 5 vs the Sync version that just came out (F150 and Bronco I think) has yet to be seen.
Sponsored