Sponsored

Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
OK! Let's see, Bronco has been dead for 20 years, Jeep has 80 years in production and your saying RIP, Jeep, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? CRACK?
When Ford (found off road dead) gives up on the Bronco again, Jeep will still be hitting the trail!
Honestly, I think Straight Pipes put that in the title to get more views. Why not?
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
haha. I'm really looking forward to seeing videos of these new Broncos running thru the Squeeze on Pinyon Mountain trail.
I'll keep my JLR for trails and concede the tarmac to a 4dr. Bronco.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
They say that Ford made the roof better than Jeep did with the Wrangler, but complain a little earlier about a roof rattle.

RIP Jeep - don't think so.

However, that being said, Jeep needs to step up its game in terms of technology. It's 2021. The Wrangler should come stock with LED headlights, wireless charging and a better infotainment system.
By the time the Bronco is generally available the tech on the wrangler will be updated.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I do like the Modular hardtop with gunnery hatch & body mounted mirrors. However the 10 speed transmission for the V6 isn't getting good reviews. Jeep's 8 speed is top notch!!! Manufactured or designed by ZF correct?

Sponsored

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
They say that Ford made the roof better than Jeep did with the Wrangler, but complain a little earlier about a roof rattle.

RIP Jeep - don't think so.

However, that being said, Jeep needs to step up its game in terms of technology. It's 2021. The Wrangler should come stock with LED headlights, wireless charging and a better infotainment system.
Made a Better roof? They can’t deliver the Bronco because of the roof. Maybe designed a better roof…. Lol

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Competition is a wonderful thing to have as a consumer. They did what all smart competitors do … they found some of the weak spots and took the time to fix them. Items such as storage of doors and keeping mirrors on with doors removed are great.

This will force Jeep to react, especially if the 2022 sales start off slow. I suspect we will see a back and forth for the next decade, which is good for all of us.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Not that often I see members on here from Georgia and much less often are they in the downtown Atlanta area. I also reside in downtown Atlanta. Old 4th Ward to be more exact.
Definitely a nice area to be in!

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
I don’t know what it is but I just can’t get past the body. Can’t put my finger on it but personally I think they are ugly. Obviously my opinion.
At the same time glade to see it come to market. Only can make the segment stronger. Amazing what good ol competition does.
Agreed. Saw my first one in the wild this past Sunday driving and it looked as fugly as I thought it would when it was revealed. Interior and tech specs are great on them though! Just not my cup of tea for looks. And the IFS would kill a lot of fun on boulders at Rausch Creek and AOAA

Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Agreed. Saw my first one in the wild this past Sunday driving and it looked as fugly as I thought it would when it was revealed. Interior and tech specs are great on them though! Just not my cup of tea for looks. And the IFS would kill a lot of fun on boulders at Rausch Creek and AOAA
Yes sir. I don’t care how nice the interior and amenities are, if I can’t open my garage door and smile, I don’t want it.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I think the bronco is cool. There are things it has that are better and worse than the wrangler; and there are things that it depends on how you use it on which is better. The bronco should be a much better on pavement just due to the IFS. I'm excited for the competition to the wrangler and liking what we are already seeing from Jeep because of it. I'm a wrangler guy and had jeeps for a long time, I am not going to switch. But I'm glad there is competition.

Personally while I like the looks of the bronco it is a huge vehicle to me. That image for the video really shows how much bigger it is.

What's wrong with the infotainment? About the only thing I can think of is that I only have 10 presets.

But, the facts that I can replay XM radio and that every time I press a preset button it's at the beginning of a song . . . that more than makes up for the scarcity of presets.
There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just that the current Uconnect systems in the Wrangler are somewhat outdated at this point, compared to what’s in other vehicles including the Bronco. No wireless charging pad and no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto is a disappointment. I’m sure these things will eventually make their way to the Wrangler, but they should be there now.
As far as the infotainment system, Jeep is just outdated from the moment they release them and they don't function as well as other companies. It is a not a wrangler problem, but a jeep problem across their model line. For instance my 2016 VW Golf has a better performing and easier to use infotainment system than my 2021 Wrangler. And the unit that was on my 2015 JK was frustratingly bad. In 2004 I bought a brand new to the market Alpine head unit which had apple connectivity feature via wire. It worked better than my 2015 JK infotainment system (That is a 10y gap in technology functioning better). I will say the new infotainment works satisfactory for my needs, but feels far behind what other vehicle manufacturers supply.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Ford cant even get this thing to customers. Theres always some cheap excuse. Id stay away from this vehicle at all costs.

They made so much media, so much hype, so much for nothing. Heck I even got excited about it at one point and I have to admit, I placed an order. I even have an account on the other forum. I was gonna have a 4dr bronco for family adventures and the 2dr jeep. But I cancelled my order a few months ago. I dont trust that thing anymore. All that hype is giving red flags and I follow my instincts.

Jeep has been so good at reacting with the 4xe, V8 and the Xtreme. I am sure the next gen wrangler is gonna be the ticket.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
I think that Ford made a number of great engineering improvements on the exterior removable stuff (frameless doors, modular hard top, storage, mirrors) and the seats look a bit more comfortable.

But visually, it's just strange. The interior is a swoopy and busy w/ design elements, and the exterior is flat and featureless, which is an odd juxtaposition.

All said, they're cool vehicles. I would love middle freedom panels, which would largely eliminate my need for a soft-top in the summer. But they need to make the profile more interesting and make the interior less of a space ship. It's like they spent all their time designing the dashboard and the grille, then went home.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the 7" screen and I reckon it is fantastic!
What would you do to improve it?
Put in speakers that didn't come from a 1970 transistor radio for starters. Send some serious wattage to said 6.5" or 6x9" speakers so we can hear it with the doors off at 55.
Sponsored