Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Meh.

I don't know who these guys are, but it's pretty obvious that they've got a little wood for the Bronco. That's all right they don't rule the world.
Anybody with a webcam can start a channel and get some sort of following.

I have no doubt that Ford will sell a Brazilian of these things, and that like Jeep products many of them will merely be adornments, fashion accessories. That's okay.

Someone else earlier in this thread said they can't get past the body or the looks...I agree, but what I would have said might get me banned, I don't really know all the rules around here.

In closing, I'd like to thank the parents of the young lady in the photograph above this post.
Advertisement

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I think the bronco is cool. There are things it has that are better and worse than the wrangler; and there are things that it depends on how you use it on which is better. The bronco should be a much better on pavement just due to the IFS. I'm excited for the competition to the wrangler and liking what we are already seeing from Jeep because of it. I'm a wrangler guy and had jeeps for a long time, I am not going to switch. But I'm glad there is competition.

Personally while I like the looks of the bronco it is a huge vehicle to me. That image for the video really shows how much bigger it is.

As far as the infotainment system, Jeep is just outdated from the moment they release them and they don't function as well as other companies. It is a not a wrangler problem, but a jeep problem across their model line. For instance my 2016 VW Golf has a better performing and easier to use infotainment system than my 2021 Wrangler. And the unit that was on my 2015 JK was frustratingly bad. In 2004 I bought a brand new to the market Alpine head unit which had apple connectivity feature via wire. It worked better than my 2015 JK infotainment system (That is a 10y gap in technology functioning better). I will say the new infotainment works satisfactory for my needs, but feels far behind what other vehicle manufacturers supply.
Odd. Here are my experiences recently:

GM - 2017 Camaro SS. Had a great system. Just did what you needed, was responsive, had plenty options.
Land Rover - Wife had a 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport. It sucked ass. It would take anywhere from seconds to minutes to boot up. The preset menu would randomly reset itself. Hated it.
Ford - 2021 Ford Explorer. Great system. Like GM, it just does what you want.

I guess I'm easy to please. I want Waze to come up with I plug in my phone (Android Auto). I want SXM to play sounds from the speakers. And I want bluetooth to work from phone calls and audio. So long as those things work well, I'm happy.

Now, if someone comes out with wireless Android Auto, that'll be a BIG advantage for me.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just that the current Uconnect systems in the Wrangler are somewhat outdated at this point, compared to what’s in other vehicles including the Bronco. No wireless charging pad and no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto is a disappointment. I’m sure these things will eventually make their way to the Wrangler, but they should be there now.
I just discovered (had to look it up) that wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay are things that are in cars right now. Even Jeeps (Grand Cherokee L)! That's something I would really want.

Wireless charging? I've had 3 cars with it, and it never works well. First of all, it doesn't work through my phone case (one with a kickstand on the back and a steel plate for magnets to stick to). Second, if I take it out of the case, as soon as I hit a bump, it's no longer charging. Might be a bigger deal to others, but not me.

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I don't know who these guys are, but it's pretty obvious that they've got a little wood for the Bronco. That's all right they don't rule the world.
I’m pretty sure they did a glowing review of the JL as well, complimenting it on its on road ability.
These channels are just commercials.

JTsGarage

First Name
Jeffrey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
theres even been some thought that wrangler sales have spiked due to the return of the bronco. the wrangler just had their best quarter, and i can be honest and say that i originally wanted a bronco, coming from being a truck guy, but due to the production delays of the bronco i went out and test drove a wrangler and actually really liked it. now i am here, thanks to bronco :)
I think Wrangler's 2nd quarter sales had more to do with seasonal demand and a good (for most people) economy. Spring and summer always create a spike for Wrangler sales (Gladiator too). The economy and COVID got people to shake up their priority list, namely moving "fun" closer to the top. That's why boat sales have been shattering records. It used to be that the no. 1 item cross-shopped with the Wrangler was a boat.

That said, I think as good as the Bronco appears to be the JL Wrangler is every bit as good. Better in some areas. Some of the perceived flaws of the Wrangler (such as the sound bar "obstructing the open air feeling") are only due to Ford making their absence in the Bronco seem like a huge plus. In reality, early reviews have noted that the speakers in the Bronco are a disappointment. And I've never once heard someone in the back of my Jeep complain about the sound bar, lol.

I'm sure the Bronco probably drives better due to IFS but I doubt it's the most earth-shattering driving experience. It's not a Porsche 911. Ultimately, people will choose what fits their needs best and what makes them smile. The Jeep does it for me but I'm sure the Bronco will do it for others. It's awesome to have two such icons on the market for sale in a world of boring crossovers though!

T Town

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I just discovered (had to look it up) that wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay are things that are in cars right now. Even Jeeps (Grand Cherokee L)! That's something I would really want.

Wireless charging? I've had 3 cars with it, and it never works well. First of all, it doesn't work through my phone case (one with a kickstand on the back and a steel plate for magnets to stick to). Second, if I take it out of the case, as soon as I hit a bump, it's no longer charging. Might be a bigger deal to others, but not me.
You can get it on the Bronco but I don’t know if it’s on or available with the base.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
… I shudder to think how good the next gen Wrangler will be…

Hang on to your hats, this is gonna be good decade.
Yes, the new kit Jeep is offering isn’t bad for a first offering. It’ll keep getting better.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
Sorry if this was already posted. What are your thoughts?

Decided to throw this one into the mix as well.
I just can’t listen to two metrosexual guys start off a review when they say “it’s got big tires!”

They just don’t have any validity with me!

AC64B4E4-F2FC-49F9-9B71-DDA4F1013326.jpeg
They forget that Jeep is for the outdoors, NOT the mall....

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
Sorry if this was already posted. What are your thoughts?

Decided to throw this one into the mix as well.

this sounds like a couple of prepubescent adolescences who have never had a driver's license.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
this sounds like a couple of prepubescent adolescences who have never had a driver's license.
So I take it you don’t like the reviews?

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand that but isn’t that the point of this section? Talk about other cars?
True, I hadn’t checked the thread title.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement