First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Nah it needs to be an up and slide to back .....have you ever seen the sliding roof of a Mini? you can retract to sunroof or open entirely. I think that a mechanism with rails for each panel to lift it enough to clear the top and slide it back into a locking position. Not electric just a manual. Unlock the points u normally unlock and push up and back, so it still sits on the top within the rail that follows it in movement. Allowing u to pull them back in and down if inclement weather arises while driving.
I think that would be entirely too much crap attaching to pivots and what not. It would be loud as hell as there would be no-way to hide all the channels and bars and pivots, etc from the wind.

Also anything that relies on a rail system is bound to fail with flexing, etc. The freedom panels literally take 30 seconds to remove. Making it a manual slide thing introduces so much more cost and complexity for hardly any convenience.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Eh just spit ballin!

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Eh just spit ballin!
It would be slick. But they would have to have built it into the roof, then you would have a 250lb roof, and/or essentially a sliding sunroof and not removable panels. The roof is about as light as it can be without being 100% carbon fiber while still being rigid enough to hold windows while wheeling.

I think the roof rack thing would be perfect with mimicked attachment points for anchoring them down. It would probably be pretty trivial for someone to weld some parts on an existing solution for a POC(proof of concept) I would be interested to see the engineering gotchas.

I hate wanting to take them off when I got the dogs in the back.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
EZUFT.COM
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Sahara
Occupation
Inventor
But why is a few metal strips and bolts $480. Ridiculous pricing.
present pricing: $450. Made of the best materials available from tip to tip with a black powder coat, I hold the patent on this concept. Use your panels, don’t trade them in for cloth and just some metal pieces at twice the price or a one piece see through for 3 times the price. Best option out there, not because it less money, because it just makes sense. EZUFT.com buy today ships immediately.
Sponsored