"Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon"

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Count me as the next victim. Same thing that has been described on this forum happened to me yesterday stranding me on at a light at a busy intersection. My 2019 JLU with 32,000 miles shut off completely with no warning. I was not able to do anything for about 5 minutes when I finally got it to start to get it off the road. Itā€™s disappointing to hear that this is happening to so many others and jeep corporate is ok with it. Seems like a real safety issue that they are neglecting and leaving the people that put their trust in the vehicle stranded on the side of roads. Like so many others on this page I have lost my trust in the vehicle and the name brand after this experience. I got it to the dealership and they are booked a month out and are unsure when they will be able to get it in. I know that they are about to take advantage of the situation and charge me a ridiculous fee to fix it.

0787DD83-06FC-4891-A795-005858AE3D93.jpeg
My local dealer didnā€™t find any codes and didnā€™t see anything in their database for it. I swapped my battery out and havenā€™t seen it since. I have my ESS disconnected and fuse pulled.

Iā€™m waiting for the 2023 Canyon/Colorado to come out.
Sponsored

BGB9

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU, 2013 Jeep jku
My local dealer didnā€™t find any codes and didnā€™t see anything in their database for it. I swapped my battery out and havenā€™t seen it since. I have my ESS disconnected and fuse pulled.

Iā€™m waiting for the 2023 Canyon/Colorado to come out.
I replaced both in a parking lot yesterday In hopes to fix the issue. It gave me enough time to get it into the dealership before it broke down in their service line with the same issues. I wonder why they didnā€™t put the location of the ACC battery in a better location to be able to access with ease. like maybe in the back quarter panels of the vehicle.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Count me as the next victim. Same thing that has been described on this forum happened to me yesterday stranding me on at a light at a busy intersection. My 2019 JLU with 32,000 miles shut off completely with no warning. I was not able to do anything for about 5 minutes when I finally got it to start to get it off the road. Itā€™s disappointing to hear that this is happening to so many others and jeep corporate is ok with it. Seems like a real safety issue that they are neglecting and leaving the people that put their trust in the vehicle stranded on the side of roads. Like so many others on this page I have lost my trust in the vehicle and the name brand after this experience. I got it to the dealership and they are booked a month out and are unsure when they will be able to get it in. I know that they are about to take advantage of the situation and charge me a ridiculous fee to fix it.

0787DD83-06FC-4891-A795-005858AE3D93.jpeg
Hi there.

If you get an appointment set and need our support, send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I replaced both in a parking lot yesterday In hopes to fix the issue. It gave me enough time to get it into the dealership before it broke down in their service line with the same issues. I wonder why they didnā€™t put the location of the ACC battery in a better location to be able to access with ease. like maybe in the back quarter panels of the vehicle.
Mine hasnā€™t done it for two weeks, and when I had it in for something else, they couldnā€™t find any codes or info on this. Let us know what they say since all prior posters have mysteriously resolved it (probably bc they dumped that specific vehicle..).

BGB9

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there.

If you get an appointment set and need our support, send a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Mine hasnā€™t done it for two weeks, and when I had it in for something else, they couldnā€™t find any codes or info on this. Let us know what they say since all prior posters have mysteriously resolved it (probably bc they dumped that specific vehicle..).
Well I did some research on here and everything pointed at a bad fuse array ($60 part that I will have one on hand for future if needed) This morning I grabbed the tools I was going to need to do the job and headed to the dealership after I called and they confirmed they had the part in stock figuring if itā€™s just going to sit there I might as well try to fix it. When I showed up to informed the advisor what it was and said if they werenā€™t going to be working on it I would. The advisor went on with well it was already inspected so it would still run me the same amount weather I did it or they did. They also added that the tech was thinking I was going to need a entire new fuse box. Then they mentioned it was miraculous going to be looked at today. It was confirmed that it was a bad fuse array. When I went to pay of course they told me that they had to reset codes etc. so it sounded more complicated so they could hit me with a $370 bill for a $60 part that should take no more than 10min to install. So my guess is my batteries went out and some how took the fuse out with it while driving. This is a Poor design that Jeep has that has stranded a lot of people on here. I hope this helps others to not get taken advantage of by the dealerships. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be keeping my Jeep for much longer as this experience has left me feeling uncomfortable when driving it due to this safety issue. A 2019 with 32,000 shouldnā€™t have this happen. Jeep needs to get onto it before someone gets hurt from losing power and control of the vehicle.

Sponsored

kakwvu

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Well I did some research on here and everything pointed at a bad fuse array ($60 part that I will have one on hand for future if needed) This morning I grabbed the tools I was going to need to do the job and headed to the dealership after I called and they confirmed they had the part in stock figuring if itā€™s just going to sit there I might as well try to fix it. When I showed up to informed the advisor what it was and said if they werenā€™t going to be working on it I would. The advisor went on with well it was already inspected so it would still run me the same amount weather I did it or they did. They also added that the tech was thinking I was going to need a entire new fuse box. Then they mentioned it was miraculous going to be looked at today. It was confirmed that it was a bad fuse array. When I went to pay of course they told me that they had to reset codes etc. so it sounded more complicated so they could hit me with a $370 bill for a $60 part that should take no more than 10min to install. So my guess is my batteries went out and some how took the fuse out with it while driving. This is a Poor design that Jeep has that has stranded a lot of people on here. I hope this helps others to not get taken advantage of by the dealerships. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be keeping my Jeep for much longer as this experience has left me feeling uncomfortable when driving it due to this safety issue. A 2019 with 32,000 shouldnā€™t have this happen. Jeep needs to get onto it before someone gets hurt from losing power and control of the vehicle.
Did they test the array by chance? I had seen that as a potential fix, but I would imagine that if a system fuse had blown, it wouldnā€™t turn on. I havenā€™t looked at the line diagram of it to see because itā€™s ridiculous that this issue presents itself with zero logging, and now Iā€™m just running miles up to wait for the new Canyon. My error is gone for now and I have an extended warranty, but I canā€™t afford to be out of work for weeks on end because my daily is sidelined.

BGB9

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they test the array by chance? I had seen that as a potential fix, but I would imagine that if a system fuse had blown, it wouldnā€™t turn on. I havenā€™t looked at the line diagram of it to see because itā€™s ridiculous that this issue presents itself with zero logging, and now Iā€™m just running miles up to wait for the new Canyon. My error is gone for now and I have an extended warranty, but I canā€™t afford to be out of work for weeks on end because my daily is sidelined.
Yes they did test it and it was bad. Not sure exactly how it fails while driving. Since itā€™s your daily driver I would have one on hand just in case. If you never need it Iā€™m sure with all the issues out there you would have no problem reselling it.

RigidRock4x4

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Unfortunately this has happened to me twice (2021, 2022), The first time a dealer in Broward County, FL replaced the fuse box with the Fuse Z-Case said it shouldn't happen, last year about this time July, August I had to tow the vehicle from Walmart to a Dealer in Miami - replaced both batteries, box with Fuse Z-Case. Guess what's happening again... similar issues (Check engine, low voltage, delayed starts, and the other day completely dead.)

A TIP: if you test the posts, N3 comes out with a voltage other than 0, possibly moving to N4 on the z-case can likely get you out of that pickle.

But yeah, sold on the idea I can go explore anywhere, reality I can barely leave to-from the nearest Walmart.

Jeep Wrangler JL "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 10.31.29 AM

Really wish someone would tell me what trips the 150 amp fuse for N3... so at least I can do some diagnostics if the dealership won't.

thefrog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6 speed manual
After 14 loyal years of being a Jeep Wrangler customer, and fan, I threw in the towel and had to dump Jeep/Chrysler. Sold my 2018 Rubicon last July. Worst customer service and worst QC of any vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned. Being treated like garbage at both my local dealerships every time I walk in the door was just became too much to take. The straight up lies, double talk and sheer incompetence of the whole establishment is breathtaking.

pocketreef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 19 Sahara
Hi, my turn. Our JLU 2019 had a yellow A! in a circle hours before the message that the car would stop. And it stopped, it was a nightmare, unsafe place, tow took hours, people were mean, etc. Seeing the problem doesnt have a straightforward solution is very concerning.
Sponsored