James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The same exact thing just happened to be. My Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL flashed a message about power steering and then dashboard said " Stop Safely Vehicle will Shut off soon" This happened at a traffic light as it went from red to greed and I pushed on the gas to go. I turned car off and back on and was able to drive a little futher and then it just shut off on me. This time I could not restart it. Dashboard stayed on with car off and in park and started flickering.

The dealership said my bus battery bar needs to be replaced but that it is not covered by warranty because the only way a fuse like this would go is by imporperally jump starting your car. I have never jump started my car before and am at a loss what to do becuase it's their word against mine.

Has anyone else had this issue and successfully had it covered by warranty? Please Help!

This is also the second time in 3 months I had to bring my jeep in. Last issue was the service shifter. Beginning to think I've got a lemon.

IMG_6541 copy.jpg
If they're talking about the high-amp fuse bar, and wanting to charge you for it then it may be best to just double check it yourself and buy your own. At around $50 it wouldn't be worth the hassle to me with a crappy dealer. They should 100% cover that under warranty though. That excuse is lame.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/battery-accessories/68368853aa-mopar-oem-z-case-fuse-array
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I think what i will do is, buy an extra one of these fuse brackets and keep it in the Jeep at all times.. That way if this happened to me i can easily check for it and replace it even while on the trail somewhere far! Mine is fine but this is such a cheap insurance, this and a serpentine belt!
I've had one of these in my glovebox for a while now. Cheap insurance and tow trucks don't go where I go.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you Darlene but the dealer already resolved my issues. They replaced both batteries (Main / Auxiliary) and the Fuse Array (Fuse #3 was found loose/broken). It has been 2 weeks and no issues.
Thank you for following up with me! I am happy to hear that your dealer has resolved your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to us via message at any time.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JohninSC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can anyone explain the sequence that is happening here? When is the fuse blowing? Is the fuse blowing, then the lights come on, then a no start?
I'm going to be buying a fuse to keep on hand.

Sponsored

jwrangler18

First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I believe I'm having the same issue. Was waiting in line at a drive thru, Wrangler shuts off, only get clicks when attempted to start again. Used a portable pack and it cranked immediately. I pulled out of line in case it happened again and was met with the "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" message, ABS started complaining, and power steering went out so I pulled into a parking spot.

As soon as I put it in park the vehicle died again. When I lifted the hood there was a persistent clicking coming from the fuse housing. This continued for ~30 minutes until it appeared the battery was completely dead as I have no power inside the vehicle (dash was completely dark) and it wasn't attempting to turn over.

Called a tow, he arrived and we tried a jump to see if it would take anything which it didn't so had it towed back to my place. Was able to check some readings here and below is what I found:

All smaller fuses appear fine
High Current fuses 1 and 3 showing 3.6v
High Current fuses 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 show 12v
Main battery shows 12v
Still no power making it to any part of the vehicle that I've seen

Any help here is greatly appreciated. Can't believe I'm seeing this from a 3 year old vehicle.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
I am getting ready to take my 2019 JLU in next week for 6th time. Has stalled in 3 of those. At a light thank God. Mine starts with front collision not working and if I keep driving it works itā€™s wAy up to with stop soon. Been dealing with this since June 2019 and they rig it till happens few months later. This is my last go if donā€™t fix it and give me some extended warranty for piece of mind or Iā€™m done. Owned nothing but Wranglers since 2000 never anything like this before JL. I had a 2018 get bought back. Also. Miserable 3 years for sure.

JStuke

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My 2019 JLU is experiencing the same thing. Scary when you get the message to safety stop your vehicle because it is going to shut down soon. Pulled off the road shut off the Jeep. Tried restarting and basically got a light show with the dash, interior lights flashing and the wiper starts to slowing move. Complete electrical disaster. Towed the Jeep to the dealer and awaiting results. Bad experience at this dealer in the past so I am getting ready for a battle. Not expecting to deal with getting stranded on the road with a two year old vehicle with 23k miles.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I believe I'm having the same issue. Was waiting in line at a drive thru, Wrangler shuts off, only get clicks when attempted to start again. Used a portable pack and it cranked immediately. I pulled out of line in case it happened again and was met with the "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" message, ABS started complaining, and power steering went out so I pulled into a parking spot.

As soon as I put it in park the vehicle died again. When I lifted the hood there was a persistent clicking coming from the fuse housing. This continued for ~30 minutes until it appeared the battery was completely dead as I have no power inside the vehicle (dash was completely dark) and it wasn't attempting to turn over.

Called a tow, he arrived and we tried a jump to see if it would take anything which it didn't so had it towed back to my place. Was able to check some readings here and below is what I found:

All smaller fuses appear fine
High Current fuses 1 and 3 showing 3.6v
High Current fuses 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 show 12v
Main battery shows 12v
Still no power making it to any part of the vehicle that I've seen

Any help here is greatly appreciated. Can't believe I'm seeing this from a 3 year old vehicle.
Did this get fixed? It looks like at some point the N3 fuse was blown.

JStuke

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did this get fixed? It looks like at some point the N3 fuse was blown.
It is in the dealer now. I agree that it might be related to the N3 fuse. The aux battery was replaced around 6 months agree when the start stop system failed. I really want to disable this system. My issues always seem to start with the start stop mechanism.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting ready to take my 2019 JLU in next week for 6th time. Has stalled in 3 of those. At a light thank God. Mine starts with front collision not working and if I keep driving it works itā€™s wAy up to with stop soon. Been dealing with this since June 2019 and they rig it till happens few months later. This is my last go if donā€™t fix it and give me some extended warranty for piece of mind or Iā€™m done. Owned nothing but Wranglers since 2000 never anything like this before JL. I had a 2018 get bought back. Also. Miserable 3 years for sure.
You sir have more tolerance than me, I would have gotten rid of it long ago.

Maybe I should not say this but I have been very lucky for my 2018 JLUS, I have had a few recalls that others have had and the only issue I had outside of some simple recalls was they replaced the main crank battery 7 months into ownership and thatā€™s it.

I have been running with a Smart stop/start module for just at two years and never use ESS but then then I donā€™t have the original batteries anymore either as I went to a Genesis dual system that uses two full size batteries that hopefully will give me many years of trouble free service, I still do occasionally test ESS and it works fine and I also do weekly charges on my current battery setup just to keep my batteries at peak for peace of mind.

I feel for those that have issues and it seems even the 2021ā€™s are having issues and itā€™s a real shame as my son has a 2010 JK that have like 85k miles on it and outside of normal maintenance itā€™s perfect.

JStuke

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same problem and now jeep say it's from water damage. Really from driving in the rain!
What a lame excuse. Jeeps are supposed to be able to fording in 30 inches of water according to the tailgate!

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
You sir have more tolerance than me, I would have gotten rid of it long ago.

Maybe I should not say this but I have been very lucky for my 2018 JLUS, I have had a few recalls that others have had and the only issue I had outside of some simple recalls was they replaced the main crank battery 7 months into ownership and thatā€™s it.

I have been running with a Smart stop/start module for just at two years and never use ESS but then then I donā€™t have the original batteries anymore either as I went to a Genesis dual system that uses two full size batteries that hopefully will give me many years of trouble free service, I still do occasionally test ESS and it works fine and I also do weekly charges on my current battery setup just to keep my batteries at peak for peace of mind.

I feel for those that have issues and it seems even the 2021ā€™s are having issues and itā€™s a real shame as my son has a 2010 JK that have like 85k miles on it and outside of normal maintenance itā€™s perfect.
Just got my Jeep back after 10 days in shop. Changed MAP sensor(for third time) And throttle body this time. I love my Jeeps but if corporate doesnā€™t give me some sort of warranty donā€™t know how I can keep it. I heard doing MAP sensor again that was all could handle. See what corporate has to say or I will be trading it in. Sad stuff.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my Jeep back after 10 days in shop. Changed MAP sensor(for third time) And throttle body this time. I love my Jeeps but if corporate doesnā€™t give me some sort of warranty donā€™t know how I can keep it. I heard doing MAP sensor again that was all could handle. See what corporate has to say or I will be trading it in. Sad stuff.
I had a 2018 Jeep Compass that was trouble from day 1 and was in for repair 8 times for the same issue and they finally got it fixed but then it started overheating and I told them buy it back or I was gonna burn to the rims on there lot and they did but it back, I lost some $$ but was glad to be out from under it, if my Wrangler gave me as much trouble as your I would have been done along time ago.

Having a new vehicle is supposed to be nice so you can enjoy all the new stuff but when you are so worried it will leave you stranded it becomes a terrible experience, FCA has plagued the Wrangler with all sorts of problems and they continue to have issues 3 years after release and itā€™s a shame.
Sponsored