"Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon"

Boss302

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4DOOR
I'm glad I found this thread. I guess ill take my 2019 jeep jl to carmax and sell it in the next few weeks. I don't what to find this happening to us when we are on a long trip.
Sponsored

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Has happened to me a few times last few months. Finally I was at a light and it shows up and my Jeep stalls. Glad I wasnā€™t driving. Take to dealer and said was MAP sensor so they replaced it. Well last June had issues with Jeep and said Was MAP sensor and changed it then. So how the hell is it bad again 10000 miles later. Seriously. Hope right this time. Donā€™t want turn off while driving Jeep. Scary stuff.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I have a feeling this is somehow related to automatic start/stop. I never trust those on any car and turn it off everytime I go for a drive.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just had this happens to me. I have a 2019 JLRU with a little over 36k miles. Was driving and came to a stop. The ESS turned off the engine and when I when to accelerate, the message came on to pull over and the Jeep started shaking, the light inside started blinking, the wipers went off and then everything turned off. Iā€™m hoping they will cover what ever is wrong. Iā€™m disappointed this is happening to a vehicle this new.

DDA65B2D-E800-4A3F-9DA3-7C6C0CAECB44.jpeg
Has happened to me a few times last few months. Finally I was at a light and it shows up and my Jeep stalls. Glad I wasnā€™t driving. Take to dealer and said was MAP sensor so they replaced it. Well last June had issues with Jeep and said Was MAP sensor and changed it then. So how the hell is it bad again 10000 miles later. Seriously. Hope right this time. Donā€™t want turn off while driving Jeep. Scary stuff.
We are so sorry to hear that you have each had this poor experience. If you would like support while in service, please send our team a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Vysal

First Name
Vysal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We are so sorry to hear that you have each had this poor experience. If you would like support while in service, please send our team a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Brought it to the dealer here in Madera CA and they took care of everything. They had to replace the high amp fuse, the AUX battery and the alternator.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Brought it to the dealer here in Madera CA and they took care of everything. They had to replace the high amp fuse, the AUX battery and the alternator.
Thank you for following up and providing this update. We are happy to hear that your dealer resolved the issue. If you are in need of support in the future, please reach out to us at any time.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did they give you any details on the reason for needing to replace both batteries? Age, etc., or maybe simply just to be safe? Was the fuse blown or did they mean a relay that was going bad/faulty?

Asking for a friend :P ;)

Vysal

First Name
Vysal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did they give you any details on the reason for needing to replace both batteries? Age, etc., or maybe simply just to be safe? Was the fuse blown or did they mean a relay that was going bad/faulty?

Asking for a friend :P ;)
From the invoice:

AUX battery at 6.1 volt and no reading on CCA. Replace AUX battery and start vehicle up, after start up vehicle stalled and died. Inspect fuse post B+, found post fuse B+ #3 150 amp open fuse. Replace post B+ fuse and restart the vehicle, vehicle now starts up but low charging system. Scan tool target voltage 14.1 V, charging system only 10.4 V. Performed charging system and crank starts, crank start has no issue but found charging system weak. Replace alternator and restart charging system, charging system now at 14.1 V. Erase DTC and road test vehicle. Vehicle stop start is now working as designed.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
From the invoice:

AUX battery at 6.1 volt and no reading on CCA. Replace AUX battery and start vehicle up, after start up vehicle stalled and died. Inspect fuse post B+, found post fuse B+ #3 150 amp open fuse. Replace post B+ fuse and restart the vehicle, vehicle now starts up but low charging system. Scan tool target voltage 14.1 V, charging system only 10.4 V. Performed charging system and crank starts, crank start has no issue but found charging system weak. Replace alternator and restart charging system, charging system now at 14.1 V. Erase DTC and road test vehicle. Vehicle stop start is now working as designed.
Thanks for the details. Interesting about the alternator and blown fuse. Going to bookmark this one just in case for future reference.

GeeQ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just had the "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Stop Soon" warning on my dash. Sure enough, my 2018 JLUR shut off. Good thing I was able to get to the side of the road in time. Had my Jeep towed to the dealership. I expect to hear from them today. Very frustrating.

Sponsored

Vysal

First Name
Vysal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just had the "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Stop Soon" warning on my dash. Sure enough, my 2018 JLUR shut off. Good thing I was able to get to the side of the road in time. Had my Jeep towed to the dealership. I expect to hear from them today. Very frustrating.
Yeh, I know the feeling.

LuckySe7eN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Happened to me today. Already replaced both batteries as one of my local dealerships told me they were out of warranty. That didn't fix it. Taking it to the dealership in the morning.
VideoCapture_20201019-184057.jpg

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
This is amazing. You'd think the 3.6 and 2.0 were bullet proof and only the 3.0 suffered issues based on the diesel hate.

Hope you guys get it sorted out.

Vysal

First Name
Vysal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Happened to me today. Already replaced both batteries as one of my local dealerships told me they were out of warranty. That didn't fix it. Taking it to the dealership in the morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" VideoCapture_20201019-184057
Did you check the high amp fuse?