Sponsored

"Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon"

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Fingers crossed its something that can be done quickly. It's not like we could get a loaner and we are over 150 miles from that dealership
@Roguesalt

Battery(2) replacement and that probably will be all there is to it.... and maybe before all is said and done, replacement of the High Amp Fuse Array in the PDC.

Presuming that is all the issue is the dealer can do the deed and it will be covered under warranty in about 2 hrs+- shop time. Hopefully parts are on hand and the dealer will put your issue to the head of the line as you are a traveler.
Sponsored

Corey Martin

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wranglet
This thread seems to be a few years old but I have a 2018 JL that just hit over 50k miles. Today, just a few hours ago I had the same problem occur as everyone else. It was scary. I received "STOP SAFELY vehicle will shut off soon error message", after stopping at a red light. Next thing I know power steering went out, while driving, and I had to quickly pull over. Clearly, an electrical problem. It was like my vehicle was passed. Lights, display, and wipers were turning on and off. I had to have my wrangler towed to a dealer, mind you this happened an hour away from my house, and now it will be sitting at the dealer all weekend because it is a Saturday evening. I am very concerned what the process of getting this fixed, and if It will be covered by the dealership though it's out of its warranty...

Corey Martin

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wranglet
I am having the same issue, I replaced both batteries after having it lock up and having to be towed off the highway. Now that I have it restarted after replacing both batteries and getting it to start I see a low battery voltage notice and stop safety. Very frustrating and I am already 500 into this counting the tow and 2 batteries and 4 hours of my Father’s Day, it is a 2019 Jeep Wrangler, any ideas, this is beyond frustrating and seems to be a common issue that Jeep is not talking openly about. Any help or info actually from Jeep would be helpful as dealerships just say bring it in and we will fix it but “it sounds expensive to fix” yeah thanks a Paramedic salary and they plan on gouging me from the sounds of it

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I am having the same issue, I replaced both batteries after having it lock up and having to be towed off the highway. Now that I have it restarted after replacing both batteries and getting it to start I see a low battery voltage notice and stop safety. Very frustrating and I am already 500 into this counting the tow and 2 batteries and 4 hours of my Father’s Day, it is a 2019 Jeep Wrangler, any ideas, this is beyond frustrating and seems to be a common issue that Jeep is not talking openly about. Any help or info actually from Jeep would be helpful as dealerships just say bring it in and we will fix it but “it sounds expensive to fix” yeah thanks a Paramedic salary and they plan on gouging me from the sounds of it
Had this happen twice. Both times stuck in an intersection and required a tow to the dealer. Both times they replaced the auxiliary battery and fuse array. I’m still under warranty so no out of pocket costs but very frustrating. I feel they just replaced the parts without addressing the cause. I’m looking into a dual battery system or aux battery bypass.

Sponsored

Corey Martin

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wranglet
Had this happen twice. Both times stuck in an intersection and required a tow to the dealer. Both times they replaced the auxiliary battery and fuse array. I’m still under warranty so no out of pocket costs but very frustrating. I feel they just replaced the parts without addressing the cause. I’m looking into a dual battery system or aux battery bypass.
Yeah they want 160 to look at it plus plus plus, has anyone replaced to Fuse Array on their own??? Also did anyone see an issue with the alternator not charging when idling and can this be caused by the Fuse Array??? Please looking for any information

PAC33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x5
Add another victim to the list - 2018 JLU with 9K -- got the STOP SAFELY vehicle will shut off soon error message", it did and had to be towed to dealer.

Dealer replaced the 12V and is waiting to see if there is a "draw" overnight. I don't understand how this solves the issue? It seems it is just setting me up for the same problem rather than solving the root issue.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Add another victim to the list - 2018 JLU with 9K -- got the STOP SAFELY vehicle will shut off soon error message", it did and had to be towed to dealer.

Dealer replaced the 12V and is waiting to see if there is a "draw" overnight. I don't understand how this solves the issue? It seems it is just setting me up for the same problem rather than solving the root issue.
@PAC33

Well, 9,000 miles on a 2018 JL's odometer, tells me your JL, sits, sits, sits and gets little use... This lack of use is part of the problem.... of course your JL, is 3 yrs. old and it's 2 stock batteries are at the end of their life cycle.... so they are/were due to be changed.

You should talk to the stealerships Service Manager (not the Service Writer) and politely push him to have both batteries replaced and not just one... one bad goes hand in hand with two bad/iffy.

Important: Politely tell the Service Manager, for piece of mind and more, you want to see evidence/proof that they "load tested" both batteries!

When you get the Jl home start using a battery tender /minder on that JL since it sits so much. You are going off warranty and consider the tender/maintainer so you don't end replacing both batteries on your dime in a few short months..

PAC33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x5
@PAC33

Well, 9,000 miles on a 2018 JL's odometer, tells me your JL, sits, sits, sits and gets little use... This lack of use is part of the problem.... of course your JL, is 3 yrs. old and it's 2 stock batteries are at the end of their life cycle.... so they are/were due to be changed.

You should talk to the stealerships Service Manager (not the Service Writer) and politely push him to have both batteries replaced and not just one... one bad goes hand in hand with two bad/iffy.

Important: Politely tell the Service Manager, for piece of mind and more, you want to see evidence/proof that they "load tested" both batteries!

When you get the Jl home start using a battery tender /minder on that JL since it sits so much. You are going off warranty and consider the tender/maintainer so you don't end replacing both batteries on your dime in a few short months..

Thanks for the suggestions Rhinebeck01 - very much appreciated. Is load testing something they will have an issue doing or just they tend not to?

I had to google what a tender is! But will look in to one.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestions Rhinebeck01 - very much appreciated. Is load testing something they will have an issue doing or just they tend not to?

I had to google what a tender is! But will look in to one.
@PAC33

Load testing is the only way to tell if a battery is aok. They should be load testing BOTH batteries!... but probably did not bother to do both.

Takes dealer time to load test and often they do not both and say they did.

Talk to SERVICE MANAGER, not Service Writer..... do this in person, not over the phone.... that you want to see results of load tests on both. This will push them into doing what they are SUPPOSE to do. Be polite and push for this....

Your 2018 is going out of warranty soon so if other battery is iffy ... does not load test well, get it too replaced under warranty.

Sponsored

Corey Martin

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wranglet

Have them replace the fuse array, the 300 amp goes out, just spent 700 dollars and 16 hours screwing with it, they can test the poles that attach the fuse array the 1 and 3 are most likely not getting enough power because they are bad

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Corey Martin

More often then not, the issue is not the Mopar Z Case Fuse Array, just up and willy nilly having a fuse blow on it...

Probably most of the time it's the Tech or JL owner, that due to their lack of knowledge and or because of their carelessness.... causes a short and a blown fuse in the array.

As for @PAC33 , his JL was seeing little use, the batteries(2) had aged out and well, the JL did what I would expect it do...

You will see lots of 2018 JL owner's here over the next few months reporting the same occurrence..... battery(s) chitting the bed. 2018 JL owner's need to be pro-active so they are not placed in this situation.

If indeed the stealership tells @PAC33 that the fuse array had a blown fuse.......well, their Tech likely was the one that blew the fuse and the initial issue was not caused by a blown fuse array fuse.

You'd like to think that the dealer will load test both batteries and replace battery(s) as needed, check all and in the process not blow a fuse in his JL's high amp fuse array.

aflooney85

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I got the dreaded "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" message yesterday after the Jeep had already died, in the middle of railroad tracks. Thankful another Jeeper pulled over and helped me push it off the tracks. It would not start, I had to pull the manual shift release to get it in neutral and push it. I had it towed to the house and replaced both batteries. The Jeep started, ran fine for about and minute, and then got the message again, this time before it died. Before it died the first time there was no warning. I never got the "start-stop unavailable" message, nothing. I guess it's getting towed to the dealer.

20210711_132915.jpg

kirkv

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm on vacation in North Carolina and this started happening to me all of a sudden on my 2020 Rubicon with 10K miles. First time really scared me because I was going down a 2 lane mountain road with nowhere to pull over. Stopping the jeep and restarting cleared up the issue but it kept happening so I bought an code reader and didn't have any codes. I decided to chance driving back home to Florida today and then it went totally haywire and throwing all sorts of lights and warnings, lost power steering, and got warning about ABS. This time I was able to read a code P0563. Had to leave it at a local dealer who isnt sure when they can get to it. To make things worse there are no rental cars available and we are waiting on family members to drive up from Florida to get us.
Jeep Wrangler JL "Stop Safely Vehicle Will Shut Off Soon" 8FF22702-B94F-4805-9541-E750130EDCCB.JPG
Sponsored