Sponsored

Jbird902

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I ordered the Jeep gladiator wheels and 315 bfg's and had the dealer install.. This should definitely be a factory option.. Very happy with how it turned out.

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Retired - Medical Imaging
Bought my 2020 2 door Sport 6 speed MT last year. It was in transit when I bought it, so didnā€™t have any of the waiting anguish many of you all had to go thru.

My question is regarding this ECU flash, has it been fully established as to what the exact conditions are that engine torque is reduced for? Is there a temperature sensor in the clutch somewhere? Or is it slippage monitoring somehow? Or what? Iā€™d like to know before I have them do the recal.

I was at the dealership today with my wifeā€™s Cherokee (oil consumption ECU flash) and they said they still donā€™t have the software for my Wranglerā€™s flash yet, so Iā€™ve got some time to decide.

Last edited:

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
My question is regarding this ECU flash, has it been fully established as to what the exact conditions are that engine torque is reduced for? Is there a temperature sensor in the clutch somewhere? Or is it slippage monitoring somehow? Or what? Iā€™d like to know before I have them do the recal.
Slippage (RPM) is the better description. There is no temp sensor. I've not had it trigger on the '21 yet and I think it took me some time to get used to this manual versus some of the others I've had so I may have worked the clutch harder than it should have been. I haven't towed anything heavy (just a hitch tray) or gone rock crawling. I find the gear indicator to be of use, especially 5 vs 6 on the highway since there is quite a bit of overlap.
Sponsored